Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Good. Courthouses don't remove resistance, they remove annexation.

No, courthouses remove the occupied status which gives unhappiness. A city can be annexed and still occupied.

You're right though, I misread the policy according to the wiki. It just provides for a free courthouse. That's a bit weaker than I thought.

Omg, how many lines has whole VP mod?

Recursive changed 7000 lines out of 7012? That's whole mode overhaul :D

Pretty sure that was a joke. :)

As of writing this, CvDiplomacyAI.cpp has 54,486 lines. Not all of those are code (there are many blank lines so that our mere human eyes can read the code properly :crazyeye:) but it's still a lot - and that's only one file, albeit one of the larger ones.

No, courthouses remove the occupied status which gives unhappiness. A city can be annexed and still occupied.
Yeah, I meant occupation status. Is there a difference between annexed city without occupation and your built city? Besides courthouse of course.

Yeah, I meant occupation status. Is there a difference between annexed city without occupation and your built city? Besides courthouse of course.

No, they should essentially be the same.

Resistance turn times in the late game are pretty high - I had hoped the policy was solving this.

No, they should essentially be the same.

Resistance turn times in the late game are pretty high - I had hoped the policy was solving this.

I think late game you just have to puppet everything, those cities are never increasing your science/culture enough to make up for the penalty anyway.

I think late game you just have to puppet everything, those cities are never increasing your science/culture enough to make up for the penalty anyway.

This particular city has 18 wonders, so it's an exception to the rule.

How do warmonger diplo and military penalties work? Do they wear off over time. Are there thresholds? Or special penalties for eating city states?

How do warmonger diplo and military penalties work? Do they wear off over time. Are there thresholds? Or special penalties for eating city states?

My understanding and experience:

You gain warmongering from declaring war and capturing cities.

Your warmongering decays over time, faster in the early era's.

The amount someone likes you effects how much warmongering you take on. Your friends seem to hardly take on any, your enemies will quickly go up.

It used to be that defensive wars would generate half the amount, as if someone declared war on you. It think it was removed. (I disagree with the change, but hey..)

I don't think it caps? I know it's possible if you go on an early enough and big enough rampage that it pretty much sticks with you for the whole game. Taking a few cities in the early eras usually wears off fairly quickly though.

Edit: Also as far as city states goes, I believe the amount you get for taking cities depends on how many cities the civ has. Taking 1 of 30 cities gives you much less than taking the last city. Since city states almost always have 1 city, it will almost always give you the max amount.

Wow. Mighty stuff indeed Recursive!! In my obvious complete lack of understanding I thought it may have just been an increase in a few numbers to make the Ai more aggressive in general.

That's not only the aggression changes, that's for all my changes for next version (which are currently 7,971 in line count) - but my changes to aggression are still pretty numerous.

My understanding and experience:

You gain warmongering from declaring war and capturing cities.

Your warmongering decays over time, faster in the early era's.

The amount someone likes you effects how much warmongering you take on. Your friends seem to hardly take on any, your enemies will quickly go up.

It used to be that defensive wars would generate half the amount, as if someone declared war on you. It think it was removed. (I disagree with the change, but hey..)

I don't think it caps? I know it's possible if you go on an early enough and big enough rampage that it pretty much sticks with you for the whole game. Taking a few cities in the early eras usually wears off fairly quickly though.

Edit: Also as far as city states goes, I believe the amount you get for taking cities depends on how many cities the civ has. Taking 1 of 30 cities gives you much less than taking the last city. Since city states almost always have 1 city, it will almost always give you the max amount.

I explained how it works here https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/anti-warmonger-fervor.659843/, although it's been edited a bit for next version.

Very interesting. This all looks fairly logical and splits the world into teams, unless you war massively enough to worry your friends.

So my failed attack on a city state cost me a little warmonger, my successful attack on a city state certainly cost more, and because I happened to neighbor or be close to 3 players my conquest of Portugal and subsequent strong military made them more inclined to dislike me. After they formed a defensive pact friends block my couple of citadels made my warmonger worse and that's why it didnt seem to go down. But my turn 10 war vs Portugal probably didnt cause any lasting effect because it was ancient and didnt take any cities.

Since I am in a late age the alliance block I border will probably keep disliking me, although it may wear off by the very end.

Looking at the city value I should be sure to pillage every tile around a city before taking it, although on diety I doubt I could starve it down without occupying every hex.

Last edited:
how does map size affect the game? I played small and saw you needed 75 faith for the pantheon (vs 50) and 1600 for the religion (vs 1100) compared to standard map size

I played small and saw you needed 75 faith for the pantheon (vs 50) and 1600 for the religion (vs 1100) compared to standard map size

Sounds to me like you were playing Small Epic. Map size doesn't affect that but speed does.

my mistake, the previous game (before the one I mentioned) was normal speed and the pantheon required 50 faith but I thought it was quick speed. Still weird that normal speed requires 50 faith while quick 75

Map size doesn't affect that but speed does.
IIRC (never played anything but standard) map size affects far less than game speed. Mainly happiness (positively through more luxuries and higher empires size handicap) and some policy stuff from ideologies and statecraft (number of spies and delegates gained, but you need huge for that, large will not be enough). City-state abundance with yields from alliances or stuff like wonder policy requirement also matters, but less as you theoretically have larger pool of competitors in major civilizations.

How to quickly find what civs sent a diplomat to my capital ? Without checking trade options. I have old (stable) EUI

For the Inca, when do mountain tails gain more food/science yields? Is it just by era or specific techs?

For the Inca, when do mountain tails gain more food/science yields? Is it just by era or specific techs?

Relatively sure it scales with era? The UA description explains it, I think.

Also, your avatar is mildly disturbing to look at.

Hey I had a quick question and hope someone has an answer. How would I go about allowing me to trade with the same cities multiple times like in vanilla? I am trying to find where exactly in the files that change was made so I can undo it. I like to tinker with a few settings in the files like never ending xp from barbarians. Just makes the game a little more fun for me. Anyway, thanks for any help.

Top Bottom