Quick Questions / Quick Answers

If I am playing Indonesia and I settle on a little island with resources (stone/diamonds etc) in every tile around me except for the tile I found on, should it create a luxury under the city? I'm playing a game where it did not spawn anything twice, so I guess it does not, but it seems to read that way on the description. Just wondering how it worked exactly. Thanks!

If I am playing Indonesia and I settle on a little island with resources (stone/diamonds etc) in every tile around me except for the tile I found on, should it create a luxury under the city? I'm playing a game where it did not spawn anything twice, so I guess it does not, but it seems to read that way on the description. Just wondering how it worked exactly. Thanks!

Same issue. Except I deliberately settled on a resources tile, leaving a clear tile next to me. Both times, no resource spawn. Maybe hidden strategic resources are on that tile.

One idea I had was changing the UA slightly. If there are is no available land tile, it should spawn a sea luxury. Maybe just pearls, since pearl diving happens in the region. It is a slight boost having another luxury available, but Indonesia isn't a top tier civilisation. Good, but not amazing like some others can be.

Is a different city in your empire working that stone works tile? Trying going into city view and making sure the city you want to have stone works has control of that tile.
The city is working it.
Spoiler :
20200706212438_1.jpg

for morocco do you need trade routes to leave from your capital to get the Gateway to Africa/capital yields bonus? or can they leave from any city

for morocco do you need trade routes to leave from your capital to get the Gateway to Africa/capital yields bonus? or can they leave from any city

Any city.

Anyone know which files contain the number of turns required to peace after conquering a city?

corechanges.sql contains the number of turns after declaring a war

Does conquering the same city multiple times not get you multiple bonuses for science and culture with Authority?

Did the max air units per city change at some point, I can only seem to put 2 in a city, not sure if it is a bug or a feature.

What do I have to change in the files in order to be able to edit/disable diplo penalties for winning (they dislike your behaviour) and allying other AI's city states?
(for the record I'm using the 4-20 2018 version, BEFORE the victory condition agression toggle was added to the core changes.SQL)

What is a mod for adding new religions icons and name? I feel the list is rather short and it gets repetitive.

More specifically:
sss.png

The picture comes from a screenshot that @JamesNinelives has posted.

I really like the design of the religious icon...

EDIT: I think I have found it, Great A'Tuin and all : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=308810502

I wonder whether the AI will use the new religions or not.

Last edited:
How does the AI value favorable trade deals in their opinion of you?
Is there a ceiling on the trade value beyond which the opinion boost is capped?
Is there a constant decay to this surplus over time for all civs or is it linked to the leader's personality or other factors?

I'm mainly just curious whether or not it's always ideal to gift without asking for anything in return to get the highest "We are trade partners" modifier.

How do I disable the UI changes of the Community Patch? Namely, the new movement indicator... which was not mentioned anywhere in any feature list, even the exhaustive google doc.

There is not a toggle for it in CommunityOptions.sql nor CommunityPatchDLLChanges.xml.
All I have installed is the CP. I do not intend on installing EUI because it seems entwined with the rest of VP which I wish to avoid.

Last edited:
@CoastalRiverMountain , there are no UI changed integrated in CP as far as I know. Must be some other mod of yours. Try deleting the cache folder (same level as the MODS folder)

And EUI is not related to VP. It is bundled with it because most players like it, but there is an option in the autoinstaller to install VP without EUI.

How do I disable the UI changes of the Community Patch? Namely, the new movement indicator... which was not mentioned anywhere in any feature list, even the exhaustive google doc.

There is not a toggle for it in CommunityOptions.sql nor CommunityPatchDLLChanges.xml.
All I have installed is the CP. I do not intend on installing EUI because it seems entwined with the rest of VP which I wish to avoid.

Pretty sure that's part of EUI.

The google doc is out of date.

Top Bottom