Quick Questions / Quick Answers

I upgraded to the most recent version, was previously using .79 i think, well the one prior to the current im pretty sure. Anyway, I noticed that the notifications - such as when you get bonus yields from certain things, like spreading your religion or birth of a citizen - no longer tell you the actual yield. They just say you got a bonus yield without telling you the details. Was there a reason for this change and can I change it back to the old style without reverting entire patch?

I upgraded to the most recent version, was previously using .79 i think, well the one prior to the current im pretty sure. Anyway, I noticed that the notifications - such as when you get bonus yields from certain things, like spreading your religion or birth of a citizen - no longer tell you the actual yield. They just say you got a bonus yield without telling you the details. Was there a reason for this change and can I change it back to the old style without reverting entire patch?

Gazebo said somewhere (EDIT: was there) that next version will see bonus yield notifications back.
You can still see bonus yields if you hover over the star at the top of the screen.

I think it was meant to avoid text clogging.

Last edited:
Your within 3 tiles aren't you? So thats the reason. It needs to be 4 tiles minimum.

I suspect the rule is:
- 3 tiles if on separate landmass
- 4 tiles otherwise
- Not adjacent to borders
- Not too unhappy

If you a conquer and puppet a city with a wonder, do you still get all the benefits? Like if I puppet a city with Chichen Itza are my golden ages still 50% longer?

I’m assuming you do but I’ve never explicitly checked.

If you a conquer and puppet a city with a wonder, do you still get all the benefits? Like if I puppet a city with Chichen Itza are my golden ages still 50% longer?

I’m assuming you do but I’ve never explicitly checked.

Yes, in this case. No, if the wonder provides a boost directly to the city that is reduced by the puppet penalty. For instance, and for an easy example, if there was a wonder that provided 10 culture to a city, that culture from that wonder would be reduced from the puppet penalty.

How do I change the text of notifications? More specifically, I want to change the Arabian UA notification when a historic event is achieved. Thanks!

How do I change the text of notifications? More specifically, I want to change the Arabian UA notification when a historic event is achieved. Thanks!

First you need to find the TXT_KEY in the game database. If it's only text, you just need to update the SQL file if it's a vanilla text key (or the XML file if it's VP-added).

If it has variables that you wish to change, you'll additionally have to change what variables are added to the notification (and/or what text is used to represent those variables) by editing the DLL.

First you need to find the TXT_KEY in the game database. If it's only text, you just need to update the SQL file if it's a vanilla text key (or the XML file if it's VP-added).

If it has variables that you wish to change, you'll additionally have to change what variables are added to the notification (and/or what text is used to represent those variables) by editing the DLL.

Thanks! Some TXT_KEY files are really hard to find. Wish they were more concentrated in the same place.

Thanks! Some TXT_KEY files are really hard to find. Wish they were more concentrated in the same place.

Agreed. If you have Notepad++, the "Find in Files" function is very handy for this.

Is there a way to support dev team with some donations? I've found on the forum that they want as to donate to a local charity organization. Is this correct?

Is there a way to support dev team with some donations? I've found on the forum that they want as to donate to a local charity organization. Is this correct?

VP is non-profit. If you insist on making donations, we do suggest you make it to a charity of your choice. :)

VP is non-profit. If you insist on making donations, we do suggest you make it to a charity of your choice. :)

I just donated $30 for a charity organization that cares for abandoned (often expelled) pregnant women (and for their children when they are born). I don’t consider it my donation, but yours, because you’ve given me hundreds of hours of great time with this mod. (I'm talking to the whole team) Thank you very much!

For example, I'm making a MOD with a new leader. Will the following lines work for his diplomacy and flavors? Based on the fact that Vox Populi has ready-made sets of such parameters: diplomat, expansionist, conqueror, coalition.

1. UPDATE Leaders SET Personality='PERSONALITY_EXPANSIONIST' WHERE Type = 'LEADER_NEFARIAN';
2. UPDATE Leader_MinorCivApproachBiases SET Personality='PERSONALITY_EXPANSIONIST' WHERE LeaderType = 'LEADER_NEFARIAN';

What causes city-state influence decay rate to increase? I declared war on a city-state, they (and only they) "grew wary," but now ALL city states are losing influence at -2 per turn (vs. -1). Even the CS that asked me to bully the CS I declared war on is now decaying at 2x rate. There is another CS that asked me to conquer the CS, which I don't have influence with currently, but I expect their influence would also be decreasing by 2x... Is this working as intended?

Spoiler screenshots :
upload_2020-8-18_17-19-9.png

upload_2020-8-18_17-19-23.png

Hey im having an issue where during the loading screen to start a game the loading screen leader/description is like 1/4 the size and then it pops up with texture errors like 4 times and once I get in game its completely bugged out. I reinstalled the game and Vox like 4 times to try to troubleshoot it but I cant seem to figure out why its doing that. The base game is actually having the loading screen at 1/4th the size but not giving the texture error also. Any help would be welcome.

Does anyone know how India is getting their 50 :c5faith: Faith to get a Pantheon from the start? Where can I find the code to this? Thank you!

@Jiggly , do I understand correctly that not only VP, but also the base game suddenly started behaving strangely?

If yes, then it's probably not VP related. Did anything change in your system before it started happening? New graphic card drivers perhaps?

Top Bottom