Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. saamohod

saamohod King

Looks like a noobish question for a person who has played the game for a couple thousand hours, but still.

Is there a way to start a new game (leaving a previous gameplay) without having to load all the mods again? E.g. I'm testing different maps generated by Community mapscript and each new map I have to load all the mods all over each time.

2. brutalz

brutalz Chieftain

Can use a modpack, and play via single player or multi, will load all mods on initial load. Follow steps. Delete uc_bc1 from the DLC folder as its in the modpack

https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ix-3-desync-lag-stability-crash-fixes.663567/

saamohod and vyyt like this.
  3. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Wow, I just now noticed that this had been placed in the sticky area (for me honestly stickies are actually less read than the main thread). But anyway...

I am rechecking my knowledge of flanking. I thought when flanking was changed (what like a few years ago now), I thought it was every enemy touching the target negated flanking. See this scenario.

Spoiler :

upload_2021-3-8_12-45-20.png

I thought that the Tercio to the left should negate my flanking, but its not. Can someone refresh me on how the newer flanking model works?

4. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Emperor

Anyone else getting CTD's just trying to load up the new version? I don't think it's a bug but I just wanna know if anyone else is having trouble with this.

5. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

Flanking amount = allied units around target - enemy units around source

vyyt likes this.
  6. PortugeseChicken

PortugeseChicken Chieftain

Why can't my knight at the very top standing on the iron pillage the tile?

Attached Files:

7. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Is it improved with mine?

8. youngsteve

youngsteve Prince

I agree with this comment. Like you looking at the picture I didn't know why, but just playing my own game invading Portugal jumped on a mine producing Iron, when like you couldn't pillage it, then looking closely it appeared a mine hadn't been built, despite looking though it has. Seems to be a graphics issue.

9. stii

stii King

Yeah the half built image and fully built are very similar. I find turning on the fields per title filter is the best way to check if titles can be pillaged or not.

10. Godslayer9000_

Godslayer9000_ Chieftain

looking for the civilization files for the new beta 3-2 to make a modded civ based off of other civs but i dont know how to edit the base ones from the bnw civ pack enough that it would be he same. like i want to use buildings and the civ bonus that are only in vp in this so i need the files of the civs after the modding. can anyone help me find them?

11. saamohod

saamohod King

Am I supposed to get some production for a city if I settle that city on a jungle tile? I remember it is the case with forests, or it used to be last time I played, i.e. you get small amount of production (probably equal to chopped wood production) to the city which was founded on a forest tile.

12. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

When you puppet a city, do you immediately get its supply benefits, or do you have to wait before the revolution is over and then receive them?

13. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Emperor

I thought you didn't get supply from puppet cities? Was that changed?

14. Damthe

Damthe Chieftain

Where can i find the Civ 4 Diplomatic Features for Community Patch Only? I had it before, managed to lost it somehow, i know the mod was removed long time ago but, if anyone has it and would like to send me a link would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance. just trying to play the game with cp core and civ iv diplo.

github page only has .civ5proj version.

15. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

Development on that stopped a long time ago. If you found an old version of the C4DF mod it wouldn't be compatible with recent versions of the Community Patch.

16. Joel Lee

Joel Lee Chieftain

Hello, I wanted to ask this if anyone knows: is there a code that makes settlers consume 1 population when trained? I haven't played for more than a year now, and based on a rough search, I noticed that this chance occurred sometime in 2019. Personally, however, I would just like to stick to the older version that I'm used to, and would delete the new change that makes settlers consume 1 population of the city. I would greatly appreciate it if someone tells me what I need to change in the VP mod folder.

The only relevant code I seemed to have found is "UPDATE Units SET HurryCostModifier = '-1' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_SETTLER' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );" but I doubt this is it.

17. SolutionIt

SolutionIt Warlord

Would like some help with learning how to modify the DLL to support what I'm trying to do in relation to this thread I posted a while back: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...s-ua-to-a-social-policy.667868/#post-16051025

I've already set up the debug build and now how to do the release build but I don't understand what I'm supposed to be editing with visual studio. The only thing I was confused about with setting up the debug build was finding and opening the solution file but every time I'd do Ctrl + Shift + O to open one I had none available to open.

As this has been posted I'm still learning what everything in visual studio does but I doubt I'll figure it out immediately. Thanks for any help that would come my way!

Edit: So I see a Build Solutions option. Curious if that has to do with the one thing I was confused about.

I also took a look through the debugging options and found that it keeps track of custommod related things so I at least know where to look now if something is wrong.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  18. tsmith7163

tsmith7163 Chieftain

Does anyone know what the aircraft carrier uses as it's defense against airplanes- is it their range attack of 45 or their melee defense of 90? I think with range land units they use their range attack score to defend against ranged attacks but usually the ranged attack is higher than their melee with the Carrier their range attack score is so much lower so I'm just wondering - how to promote or just hide it from planes- the 75% defensive promotions off of 45 would still get it crushed most likely unless I protect with fighters but I'm planning to use it for my dogfighters. Playing 12/1 with 2/4 patches-- Thanks!

vyyt likes this.
  19. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

You edit your local fork of the repository, then build the DLL based on that edited code. Replacing the DLL file in (1) Community Patch will allow your DLL changes to take effect. Note that if you changed something which affects savegame compatibility (typically memory values) then you have to start a new game after your changes.

Building the release version will indicate to you if you made any build errors that must be corrected.

Building the debug version lets you debug the DLL by figuring out where problems are and tracking the value of variables line-by-line. Once the debugging starts, find a point in the code that you're interested in and set a breakpoint there. When that point in the code is reached, the game will pause and the debugger will show you A) the callstack which led you to this code line being reached, and B) the value of any variables. Once the game is paused in this way, you can "step" line by line through the code and watch how the value of variables change or what lines of code are called. This is how you identify what's causing your code to behave unexpectedly.

SolutionIt likes this.
  20. psparky

psparky Prince

Nice write-up!
    If only it were that easy :)