Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Wow, I just now noticed that this had been placed in the sticky area (for me honestly stickies are actually less read than the main thread). But anyway...

I am rechecking my knowledge of flanking. I thought when flanking was changed (what like a few years ago now), I thought it was every enemy touching the target negated flanking. See this scenario.

Spoiler :

upload_2021-3-8_12-45-20.png

I thought that the Tercio to the left should negate my flanking, but its not. Can someone refresh me on how the newer flanking model works?

Anyone else getting CTD's just trying to load up the new version? I don't think it's a bug but I just wanna know if anyone else is having trouble with this.

Wow, I just now noticed that this had been placed in the sticky area (for me honestly stickies are actually less read than the main thread). But anyway...

I am rechecking my knowledge of flanking. I thought when flanking was changed (what like a few years ago now), I thought it was every enemy touching the target negated flanking. See this scenario.

I thought that the Tercio to the left should negate my flanking, but its not. Can someone refresh me on how the newer flanking model works?
Flanking amount = allied units around target - enemy units around source

Why can't my knight at the very top standing on the iron pillage the tile?

Attachments

• cap31.JPG
    cap31.JPG
    309.5 KB · Views: 42
Is it improved with mine?

I agree with this comment. Like you looking at the picture I didn't know why, but just playing my own game invading Portugal jumped on a mine producing Iron, when like you couldn't pillage it, then looking closely it appeared a mine hadn't been built, despite looking though it has. Seems to be a graphics issue.

Yeah the half built image and fully built are very similar. I find turning on the fields per title filter is the best way to check if titles can be pillaged or not.

looking for the civilization files for the new beta 3-2 to make a modded civ based off of other civs but i dont know how to edit the base ones from the bnw civ pack enough that it would be he same. like i want to use buildings and the civ bonus that are only in vp in this so i need the files of the civs after the modding. can anyone help me find them?

Am I supposed to get some production for a city if I settle that city on a jungle tile? I remember it is the case with forests, or it used to be last time I played, i.e. you get small amount of production (probably equal to chopped wood production) to the city which was founded on a forest tile.

When you puppet a city, do you immediately get its supply benefits, or do you have to wait before the revolution is over and then receive them?

Where can i find the Civ 4 Diplomatic Features for Community Patch Only? I had it before, managed to lost it somehow, i know the mod was removed long time ago but, if anyone has it and would like to send me a link would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance. just trying to play the game with cp core and civ iv diplo.

github page only has .civ5proj version.

Where can i find the Civ 4 Diplomatic Features for Community Patch Only? I had it before, managed to lost it somehow, i know the mod was removed long time ago but, if anyone has it and would like to send me a link would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance. just trying to play the game with cp core and civ iv diplo.

github page only has .civ5proj version.

Development on that stopped a long time ago. If you found an old version of the C4DF mod it wouldn't be compatible with recent versions of the Community Patch.

Hello, I wanted to ask this if anyone knows: is there a code that makes settlers consume 1 population when trained? I haven't played for more than a year now, and based on a rough search, I noticed that this chance occurred sometime in 2019. Personally, however, I would just like to stick to the older version that I'm used to, and would delete the new change that makes settlers consume 1 population of the city. I would greatly appreciate it if someone tells me what I need to change in the VP mod folder.

The only relevant code I seemed to have found is "UPDATE Units SET HurryCostModifier = '-1' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_SETTLER' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );" but I doubt this is it.

Would like some help with learning how to modify the DLL to support what I'm trying to do in relation to this thread I posted a while back: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...s-ua-to-a-social-policy.667868/#post-16051025

I've already set up the debug build and now how to do the release build but I don't understand what I'm supposed to be editing with visual studio. The only thing I was confused about with setting up the debug build was finding and opening the solution file but every time I'd do Ctrl + Shift + O to open one I had none available to open.

As this has been posted I'm still learning what everything in visual studio does but I doubt I'll figure it out immediately. Thanks for any help that would come my way!

Edit: So I see a Build Solutions option. Curious if that has to do with the one thing I was confused about.

I also took a look through the debugging options and found that it keeps track of custommod related things so I at least know where to look now if something is wrong.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the aircraft carrier uses as it's defense against airplanes- is it their range attack of 45 or their melee defense of 90? I think with range land units they use their range attack score to defend against ranged attacks but usually the ranged attack is higher than their melee with the Carrier their range attack score is so much lower so I'm just wondering - how to promote or just hide it from planes- the 75% defensive promotions off of 45 would still get it crushed most likely unless I protect with fighters but I'm planning to use it for my dogfighters. Playing 12/1 with 2/4 patches-- Thanks!

Would like some help with learning how to modify the DLL to support what I'm trying to do in relation to this thread I posted a while back: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...s-ua-to-a-social-policy.667868/#post-16051025

I've already set up the debug build and now how to do the release build but I don't understand what I'm supposed to be editing with visual studio. The only thing I was confused about with setting up the debug build was finding and opening the solution file but every time I'd do Ctrl + Shift + O to open one I had none available to open.

As this has been posted I'm still learning what everything in visual studio does but I doubt I'll figure it out immediately. Thanks for any help that would come my way!

Edit: So I see a Build Solutions option. Curious if that has to do with the one thing I was confused about.

I also took a look through the debugging options and found that it keeps track of custommod related things so I at least know where to look now if something is wrong.

You edit your local fork of the repository, then build the DLL based on that edited code. Replacing the DLL file in (1) Community Patch will allow your DLL changes to take effect. Note that if you changed something which affects savegame compatibility (typically memory values) then you have to start a new game after your changes.

Building the release version will indicate to you if you made any build errors that must be corrected.

Building the debug version lets you debug the DLL by figuring out where problems are and tracking the value of variables line-by-line. Once the debugging starts, find a point in the code that you're interested in and set a breakpoint there. When that point in the code is reached, the game will pause and the debugger will show you A) the callstack which led you to this code line being reached, and B) the value of any variables. Once the game is paused in this way, you can "step" line by line through the code and watch how the value of variables change or what lines of code are called. This is how you identify what's causing your code to behave unexpectedly.

I never said it was easy :lol:
I'm willing to take on the challenge even with all the other challenges currently in my life. I need to have some kind of a skillset already.

Edit: And again thank you for the unwavering attention. I do appreciate it even if I feel like a bother at times.

Top Bottom