Quick Questions / Quick Answers

I rarely have time to just exclusively play civ anymore, and more typically have a game running in background as i multi-task on other things.

Is there any way to auto-reject or close all the diplo screens that pop-up between turns? I often have all my units on 'alert' or auto-explore etc. during peace-time, and wanna just let the game play through multiple turns til my next construction decision comes up, or war breaks out etc. As-is I have to click through a dozen or more rather meaningless diplo offers and threats or comments from other leaders to move the game forward.

Sometiems I use firetuner on observer mode to advance a few turns but this comes with drawbacks ie AI accepts undesireable deals or gets into wars etc. Is there any mod or otherwise that allows me to just toggle an "auto-reject" to all proposals and diplo screens?

Moderator Action: Moved to QQ/QA thread. - Recursive

Last edited by a moderator:
I rarely have time to just exclusively play civ anymore, and more typically have a game running in background as i multi-task on other things.

Is there any way to auto-reject or close all the diplo screens that pop-up between turns? I often have all my units on 'alert' or auto-explore etc. during peace-time, and wanna just let the game play through multiple turns til my next construction decision comes up, or war breaks out etc. As-is I have to click through a dozen or more rather meaningless diplo offers and threats or comments from other leaders to move the game forward.

Sometiems I use firetuner on observer mode to advance a few turns but this comes with drawbacks ie AI accepts undesireable deals or gets into wars etc. Is there any mod or otherwise that allows me to just toggle an "auto-reject" to all proposals and diplo screens?

Check out the options in (1) Community Patch > Core Files > Core Changes > DiploAIOptions.sql.

Check out the options in (1) Community Patch > Core Files > Core Changes > DiploAIOptions.sql.

Thanks, I guess I am wondering if there is a way to do this on-the-fly in-game.. I still want to have the normal diplo screens occasionally, but then toggle them off for a bunch of turns at a time when i step away from the game

Is there a way to change the level of "chattiness" on the AI without just shutting it off?

Right now, I get hammered by 2 to 3 AI messages every turn. They are almost always garbage trade requests or asking for open boarders.

A possible "fix" would be:

Reduce the AI requests for open boarders. They will ask every other turn. Once you are aware off all the other AI's this is annoying. Particularly on larger maps. They should not ask more than every 10 turns.

The AI does not value strategic resources correctly when asking for your resources. The more rare ones late game they will attempt to take all your unused ones for 1 GPT per turn for 2 or 3 of them. If they are going to ask almost every turn, they need to at least value them correctly. (Eg, Oil should be at least 5 gpt PER oil, uranium should be at least 10 gpt per)

Right now, I get hammered by 2 to 3 AI messages every turn. They are almost always garbage trade requests or asking for open boarders.

In a 43-civ game it can be over a dozen of these per turn, its quite a nuisance. In a hotseat game these are all saved til its your turn again, so it seems civ already has some kind of built-in variability on how these appear. Wish we had the option to just trash all of them without clicking 'refuse' or 'very well' or 'we're sorry...' etc.

Last edited:
Is there a way to change the level of "chattiness" on the AI without just shutting it off?

A possible "fix" would be:

Reduce the AI requests for open boarders. They will ask every other turn. Once you are aware off all the other AI's this is annoying. Particularly on larger maps. They should not ask more than every 10 turns.

The AI does not value strategic resources correctly when asking for your resources. The more rare ones late game they will attempt to take all your unused ones for 1 GPT per turn for 2 or 3 of them. If they are going to ask almost every turn, they need to at least value them correctly. (Eg, Oil should be at least 5 gpt PER oil, uranium should be at least 10 gpt per)

In a 43-civ game it can be over a dozen of these per turn, its quite a nuisance. In a hotseat game these are all saved til its your turn again, so it seems civ already has some kind of built-in variability on how these appear. Wish we had the option to just trash all of them without clicking 'refuse' or 'very well' or 'we're sorry...' etc.

Eventually I'll add this, but for now use the all or nothing options.

How to fix the problem where upon setteling a city "City event choice required" pops up, can't interact with said event and can't pass the turn ending the game in turn 1.
Found some people having the same problem in old posts but did not find any solution, reinstalling didnt help either.
Most likeley it's caused by Events&Decisions from here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/cbp-events-and-decisions-compatibility.562935/page-19 but others can run it so maybe there is a fix?

Latest version of VP with EUI, 3,4 UC, Community events and promotions.

How is food bonus (Local Happiness Modifier) calculated?
upload_2022-5-28_1-30-33.png

IIRC, Happiness-Unhappiness*2. This isn't perfectly accurate for your screenshot, but it should update to the correct values the next turn.

It refers to the supply cap mechanic, which limits the total number of military units that you can maintain at the same time without running into penalties. You can check your current supply cap and usage by referring to the icon with the crossed swords at the top of the UI.

An place to read about Tourism calculation?

For example, here: 273 - 90% is far from 198. And where does 171 comes from?
upload_2022-5-30_2-35-42.png

The numbers seem just fine in that screenshot: 273*(1-0.9)+171=198.3.

Are you perhaps confused with how instant yields work? Tourism instant yields are gained by things like certain buildings or historical events, and do not necessarily correlate with your per-turn tourism output. Your average of 171 per-turn should already have been calculated with the -90% modifier taken into account.

Are there non-conquest options for avoiding isolation for settlements on other landmasses if you have a mega landlocked capital?

scenario for illustration: capital is way up in the arctic in the middle of a large continent. the only coastal waters not blocked by ice are on the other side of other major civs. The best you can manage is to squeeze a settler through to the coast before the path is totally blocked off by the other civs.

If you manage to get a trade route way out to your distant coastal city and it has a lighthouse, does that avoid isolation for an overseas city?
If you build a road to an allied coastal city state, would that form a city connection to coastal cities if said city state has a lighthouse?
Does connecting multiple cities together on a separate continent (connected to each other but not to the capital) avoid isolation?

and if no to all, is there anything you can do other than conquering the cities that are in the way?

Moderator Action: Moved to Quick Questions / Quick Answers. - Recursive

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there non-conquest options for avoiding isolation for settlements on other landmasses if you have a mega landlocked capital?

scenario for illustration: capital is way up in the arctic in the middle of a large continent. the only coastal waters not blocked by ice are on the other side of other major civs. The best you can manage is to squeeze a settler through to the coast before the path is totally blocked off by the other civs.

If you manage to get a trade route way out to your distant coastal city and it has a lighthouse, does that avoid isolation for an overseas city?
If you build a road to an allied coastal city state, would that form a city connection to coastal cities if said city state has a lighthouse?
Does connecting multiple cities together on a separate continent (connected to each other but not to the capital) avoid isolation?

and if no to all, is there anything you can do other than conquering the cities that are in the way?

I believe the answers are Yes, No, Yes. At least, I think it's intended to function that way.

Other method: Play as Polynesia.

I've been playing YnAEMP v.24 for a long time but since one update, the spy amount changed to 1 per policy/era. Is it how it's supposed to work regardless of the map size, or is it some kind of bug?

I was playing May 22nd Version of VP, and during my turn my unit supply cap was changing its limit "randomly". First it was showing something like "114/99" and when I exited city screen it was back to "114/124". Could there be a reason why it keeps changing during my turn? And which one of those two values will effect my empire when I end my turn?

I wrote up a function so that units in cities can gain free experience per turn so long as they are below what the city would normally provide to new units. It looks to be functional, but I'm still not too comfortable with lua, so I was wondering if people could take a look as to whether I got everything right.

Code:
function PassiveExperience(iPlayer)
  local pPlayer = Players[iPlayer]
  local iTrainPercent = GameInfo.GameSpeeds[PreGame.GetGameSpeed()].TrainPercent
  for pCity in pPlayer:Cities() do
    local pPlot = pCity:Plot()
    if pPlot:IsUnit() == true then
      for i = 0, pPlot:GetNumUnits()-1 do
        local pUnit = pPlot:GetUnit(i)
        if pUnit:GetDomainType() == DomainTypes.DOMAIN_LAND and pUnit:GetExperience() < pCity:GetDomainFreeExperience(DomainTypes.DOMAIN_LAND)*iTrainPercent/100 then
          pUnit:ChangeExperience(3*100/iTrainPercent)
        elseif pUnit:GetDomainType() == DomainTypes.DOMAIN_SEA and pUnit:GetExperience() < pCity:GetDomainFreeExperience(DomainTypes.DOMAIN_SEA)*iTrainPercent/100 then
        elseif pUnit:GetDomainType() == DomainTypes.DOMAIN_AIR and pUnit:GetExperience() < pCity:GetDomainFreeExperience(DomainTypes.DOMAIN_AIR)*iTrainPercent/100 then
        end
      end
    end
  end
end
GameEvents.PlayerDoTurn.Add(PassiveExperience)

Last edited:
Is there a way to enable cross-continent fort canals like there used to be, or is that function entirely removed?

Top Bottom