Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Hello.
Is there a way to tune down unit supply or increase unit maintenance, any submod or extra setup.
Every game is turning into grind fest of 30-60 for each civilization and it's extremly tiring and repetitive to keep track of every unit during wars or when upgrades are in order.

Hello.
Is there a way to tune down unit supply or increase unit maintenance, any submod or extra setup.
Every game is turning into grind fest of 30-60 for each civilization and it's extremly tiring and repetitive to keep track of every unit during wars or when upgrades are in order.

@balparmak has a modmod for this.

Is there a limit to the number of research agreements, similar to the limit of defensive pacts?

No.

How does diplomatic marriage work with the VP mod?

Check Austria's unique ability in the list of leaders for the description.

I remember reading that domination victory is changed so that you can win even without taking capital as long as they are your vassals, is this correct?

It should be, but it might be bugged. Not sure.

How do you set the black bar with the ressources at the top to be full and not divided in two.

I installed the newest version of vox populi and I can't seem to find how to do it.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/condensed-non-condensed-top-panel-for-vp-eui-only.649340/

If you already have this mod then it's a load order problem. You can make it depend on VP and it should fix it/

I must say I am slightly confused. I have never used any mods, to my knowledge, that did such a thing. When I played the previous version of vox populi from 2021, the whole top bar was there. Installed 2.1.1 a few days ago, top bar split in two. So I deleted my folders. Reinstall the older version of vox populi, Top bar is still split in two. I feel like I'm being gaslight. I played the older version less than a month ago and I am 200% sure the top bar was full and not split in two.

Just curious, can the AI attack very early in the game? Sometimes in the playthrough of other players I saw situations when player quickly built an army and attacked the second AI city, around 40-50 turns at standard speed. Has anyone had cases where AI did this? I have relatively little experience playing VP, so I'm interested.

@balparmak has a modmod for this.
I did not find any mod that reduces unit supply there, found only one that improves unit movement but that doesn't stop unit spam or maybe i missed something - still new to this site.
Maybe i can edit some files instead, gold cost, population supply?

It should be, but it might be bugged. Not sure.

Do capitals of other civs owned by vassals not count for domination victory? I had a game in which out of 9 capitals, 4 didn't exist (razed), 2 were mine, 2 were the capitals of my vassals, and 1 being the capital of a different civ conquered by my vassal, but domination victory did not trigger.

Not sure if this is a bug, or I'm just understanding the triggers wrong.

Do capitals of other civs owned by vassals not count for domination victory? I had a game in which out of 9 capitals, 4 didn't exist (razed), 2 were mine, 2 were the capitals of my vassals, and 1 being the capital of a different civ conquered by my vassal, but domination victory did not trigger.

Not sure if this is a bug, or I'm just understanding the triggers wrong.

Going to look at this for next version.

Very long hiatus, first time playing Vox Populi .. which means that everything I vaguely remember, isn't helpful at all. In other words: I have a lot of fun.

Two questions:

Maybe I've just completely forgotten how to do it, or maybe there is a mod with the following function:

When a building/wonder is constructed or a policy/tech/religious feature is added, I want to take a look at a comparison of stats that changed on this turn.

Can I do this somehow?

And:

Since VP is in constant development, a newb can't just take a look at refined strategy guides to get a better understanding on the synergistic effects among policies and religious features.

Does anyone keep an up-to-date guide on these effects?

How do i make events and decisions work, that and other modes for VP like cultural capitals or extra wonders.

These most list city state diplomacy mod or more luxuries as requiret but these mods are included in Vp right?
Is there a way to make it work? I have 2.1.1 version of CBP with 3rd and 4th unique components but without EUI - maybe that is the problem?

Hello.

I understand we have a mod mod for this, but we really should look into maybe reducing the unit supply cap in VP, even if just slightly.

You have to have such a crazy amount of units to actually hit it by normal play. Last game I was actually having a hard time finding spots to place my units during peacetime, and still had room under the cap. Mind you, this was with an all war policy game, but still.

You have to have such a crazy amount of units to actually hit it by normal play. Last game I was actually having a hard time finding spots to place my units during peacetime, and still had room under the cap. Mind you, this was with an all war policy game, but still.

I am gratefull for the mod and the creator but it removes many fun aspects of the fight (you can't have +1 range upgrade now for example).

I understand we have a mod mod for this, but we really should look into maybe reducing the unit supply cap in VP, even if just slightly.

Early game supply is perfectly fine, it's just after Industrial that the numbers explode.

Since VP is in constant development, a newb can't just take a look at refined strategy guides to get a better understanding on the synergistic effects among policies and religious features.

Does anyone keep an up-to-date guide on these effects?

Personally, while various things have changed here and there, I don't think there have been any major changes to gameplay in a while, except obviously for spying. The most recent "major" change would be the buildings overhaul that Gazebo did a while back, with signficant implications for tourism. I think it'll be mostly safe for you to refer to guides while playing VP, albeit keeping in mind to still confirm the numbers during gameplay.

Top Bottom