Quick Questions / Quick Answers

You can't build work boats on lakes. Is that intended? Kind of annoying when you have resources there...

\Skodkim
No, you can't, and it's intended.

Even though I'm annoyed by it so I modified this mod so then I can build the Lake Fishing Boats and use add Mining Platform (using Offshore Platform model) for Salt Lake.

No, you can't, and it's intended.

Even though I'm annoyed by it so I modified this mod so then I can build the Lake Fishing Boats and use add Mining Platform (using Offshore Platform model) for Salt Lake.
How do you do that? Had a look at the files but didn't see anything.

\Skodkim

How do you do that? Had a look at the files but didn't see anything.

\Skodkim
By default, VP doesn't have any lake resources. I assume you're playing with Better Lakes for VP mod that adds two lake resources.

The new improvement that I added (and the one that came from the mod) is using the existing model, so no new necessary art files are needed. You just need to duplicate existing improvements and make it work differently.

By default, VP doesn't have any lake resources. I assume you're playing with Better Lakes for VP mod that adds two lake resources.

The new improvement that I added (and the one that came from the mod) is using the existing model, so no new necessary art files are needed. You just need to duplicate existing improvements and make it work differently.
Thanks for the answer

I see where you're going here, but adding new improvements won't be enough when I can't build the workboats, will it?

I'm using a modified version of one of the VP mapscripts.

\Skodkim

Does defender of the faith require both me and opponent to be in own territory or does the bonus apply if my unit is in own land hitting a unit outside?

I like to play on pre made maps modified using the world builder.

Does anyone know if/how you can run assignstartingpositions.lua manually AFTER the terrain has been modified so that resource distribution follow the new terrain and the normal VP resource distribution rules/pattern?

The built-in scatter resources button from world builder doesn't seem to do this properly.

\Skodkim

Hi! I updated my VP to he lates after a few years and I noticed that my capital expanded borders to a luxury which was 4 tiles away. Are all the cities able to do this or just the capital? I have another city with a luxury 4 tiles away but the border does not seem to want to expand there.

Hi! I updated my VP to he lates after a few years and I noticed that my capital expanded borders to a luxury which was 4 tiles away. Are all the cities able to do this or just the capital? I have another city with a luxury 4 tiles away but the border does not seem to want to expand there.
Did you select Tradition social policy and build Throne Room? Because now Capital can work up to 4 tiles away with that.

Did you select Tradition social policy and build Throne Room? Because now Capital can work up to 4 tiles away with that.
No, I did not go Tradition. I'm not able to work that tile, just the border expanded there.

2023-01-24 13_01_51-Sid Meier's Civilization V (DX11).png

At the moment it happened, the cows were still in neutral territory and Honolulu belonged to Polynesia, so the only adjacent tile were the horses. Persepolis' borders decided to expaqnd to the 4-tile away sugar despite having many more available tiles nearer.

Last edited:
AFAIK it is possible, it just depend on how the tile acquisition priorities works. This time you got lucky and it claims the tile. I don't know for sure how it works thought, but it is normal whilst rare.

Hi!
Is there a way to stop AI from steamrolling the player in the late game other than steamrolling the AI earlier? I'm playing on Prince.
There is no matching AI if one is at least few size bigger at Modern or Atomic Age. Playing tall seems to not work at all.

Hi!
Is there a way to stop AI from steamrolling the player in the late game other than steamrolling the AI earlier? I'm playing on Prince.
There is no matching AI if one is at least few size bigger at Modern or Atomic Age. Playing tall seems to not work at all.

Give birth to Great Generals through wars and establish Citadels on your borders. Also use early Grand Admirals to travel around the world, this will give +1 unit supply for GG and +2 l for GA.

In the late game, produce aircrafts (they don't consume unit supply) and carriers. For ground and naval units, the Air Defense promotion is very good, which greatly neutralizes enemy aircraft.

Yes, all cities will grow to a 5 tile radius eventually. The capital is only unique if you go Tradition, which allows you to work a 4 tile radius (+1 from other cities), but the capital will still only grow to 5 tile radius

Has New Random Seed been disabled? I'm sure it was on when I started a new game (and it is when I check at the start new game screen) but I always get consistent results on goody huts.

Trying to cheat - noooooo :crazyeye:

Edit: Yeah, just checked with a new game to be sure, and it definitely doesn't work for me.

\Skodkim

Last edited:
Has New Random Seed been disabled? I'm sure it was on when I started a new game (and it is when I check at the start new game screen) but I always get consistent results on goody huts.

Trying to cheat - noooooo :crazyeye:

Edit: Yeah, just checked with a new game to be sure, and it definitely doesn't work for me.

\Skodkim

Take the ruins on the next turn, or in a different sequence.

Is there a troubleshooting thread? If not, maybe someone can point me in the right direction here.

I just installed VP and still see the BNW tech tree, Civilopedia, Policy Tree, etc. I uninstalled Civ V, deleted all my user data and tried again; same thing. I did not click Back in the Mods window until I clicked Next and the game showed the modes installed. I play in English.

The Mods that Steam says installed are
(1) Community Patch (v. 112)
(2) Vox Populi (v. 16)
(3a) VP - EUI Compatibility Files (v. 1)
(4b) UI Promotion Tree for VP (v. 22)

Should I also enable 4a? I assume that's not the root problem, in any case. The game starts up apparently in vanilla BNW. What should I do next?

EDIT: It's not completely vanilla, as much of the top bar is disabled. But I've played a bunch of turns and the gameplay is vanilla.

Last edited:
Is there a troubleshooting thread? If not, maybe someone can point me in the right direction here.

I just installed VP and still see the BNW tech tree, Civilopedia, Policy Tree, etc. I uninstalled Civ V, deleted all my user data and tried again; same thing. I did not click Back in the Mods window until I clicked Next and the game showed the modes installed. I play in English.

The Mods that Steam says installed are
(1) Community Patch (v. 112)
(2) Vox Populi (v. 16)
(3a) VP - EUI Compatibility Files (v. 1)
(4b) UI Promotion Tree for VP (v. 22)

Should I also enable 4a? I assume that's not the root problem, in any case. The game starts up apparently in vanilla BNW. What should I do next?

EDIT: It's not completely vanilla, as much of the top bar is disabled. But I've played a bunch of turns and the gameplay is vanilla.
The fastest way to check if the mods are loaded is to check Civilopedia while not in-game, you can right-click a unique civ item on civ selection screen. Check if there is new VP stuff there.

Yes, you should enable all mods if you want optimal VP experience. 4a makes all promotions have unique icons.

The fastest way to check if the mods are loaded is to check Civilopedia while not in-game, you can right-click a unique civ item on civ selection screen. Check if there is new VP stuff there.

Yes, you should enable all mods if you want optimal VP experience. 4a makes all promotions have unique icons.
It's still the old Civilopedia. In the Mods screen, the mods show that they're loaded, but all they're doing (or the dll is doing) is messing up the top bar.

It's still the old Civilopedia. In the Mods screen, the mods show that they're loaded, but all they're doing (or the dll is doing) is messing up the top bar.
Did you install the EUI in the correct folder? Check you Civ 5 installation folder

Top Bottom