Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Quick question -- how do dogfighters gain experience? my dog fighting fighters have not moved from 60 xp- they have many sweeps where they take damage and meet resistance - no xp- so I thought it must require a successful sweep but now they've also had many successful sweeps (i.e. no resistance) and still no xp ?

I figured it out - they get experience against other intercepting fighters not ground AA- kinda makes sense.
Quick question -- how do dogfighters gain experience? my dog fighting fighters have not moved from 60 xp- they have many sweeps where they take damage and meet resistance - no xp- so I thought it must require a successful sweep but now they've also had many successful sweeps (i.e. no resistance) and still no xp ?

Shouldn't sweeps still grant XP if the fighter successfully damages some planes in a city? An attack should always give XP if it does damage.

Is there any way to modify the amount of delegates in world congress of current game? Is there any code I can edit to achieve this?

The way I understand it. All cities calculate the normal pressure that get from surrounding cities. Then we add one more check, if a fealty players religion is present, but is not the top religion in that city, then 50% more pressure is added there
thanks, so I tried again, and saw no change at all in pressure when adopting the policy, where my religion was present but not majority, not even the cities closest to my borders. Maybe there is a maximum distance, or a time delay, but there is something I'm misunderstanding, as other people seem to notice an effect.

thanks, so I tried again, and saw no change at all in pressure when adopting the policy, where my religion was present but not majority, not even the cities closest to my borders. Maybe there is a maximum distance, or a time delay, but there is something I'm misunderstanding, as other people seem to notice an effect.
You should check if there is a difference in cities you own not following your religion. If it is the case, this is kinda disappointing, since it does not help expanding outside your own empire.

Shouldn't sweeps still grant XP if the fighter successfully damages some planes in a city? An attack should always give XP if it does damage.
Not sure- never have been able to do that as the enemy has many promoted fighters and AA guns and I have limited oil and only a few sweepers - but I do know that I get xp for resistance against enemy fighters but not from AA guns ( even if I took damage ( at least in my current game)) which kind of makes sense if you think about a plane just being shot by AA ground guns but less so if you think the fighters is specifically going against the ground AA- and it does put sweepers at a xp disadvantage against interceptors- but maybe that makes sense also because if sweepers got xp against AA they would have the advantage against interceptors so maybe that is why it was designed like that - both units only get xp against other planes.

Looking at aviation, if you don't mind your bombers taking risks, I noticed that bombing under coverage always consume one interception (regardless of if your bomber got intercepted or escaped it).
So, you can use high evasion bomber to deplete interceptions, then sweep enemy fighters/AA guns to kill them. Very effective.

I do or try to do a little of that - as I have B-17's but I have very limited oil ( playing tall) and need the interceptors and a few tanks so I have limited B-17 and sweepers - and the enemy got the pentagon so they have 2 early jet fighters and tons of AA's everywhere so I just can't get to the planes -- plus as I just unpleasantly recently found out ( should have looker closer) they have some of the units tripled promoted on the Air damage promotion - I almost had a machine gun bring down my wounded B-17 ( LOL-talk about surprise) --- I love this game - I can literally remember where the AI promotions were so bad- not anymore....... it is so nice to see now. But I got tons of Aluminum so I am planning trying that strategy to do that when I get jet fighters

how come the city-states generate great generals but then never use them? or well they use them for the buff but I have never seen one of them put down a citadel.

Looking at aviation, if you don't mind your bombers taking risks, I noticed that bombing under coverage always consume one interception (regardless of if your bomber got intercepted or escaped it).
So, you can use high evasion bomber to deplete interceptions, then sweep enemy fighters/AA guns to kill them. Very effective.
You aren't supposed to be able to damage AA guns or any non-air units with sweeping. That's a bug to be fixed.

Something I've never understood are the "Highest X Delta" options when sending trade units. Does it mean that it prioritizes cities that give the highest amount of the desired yield, AND also highest amount of gold/other yields? What makes it different from simply the "Normal" Highest option?

Hi all. Thanks to all the modders for giving us the best 4x experience for this genre. Long may it continue and grow!

I was wondering about City States taking over a city during war. I may be misremembering, but when they received additional cities in the past this way - didn't they use to raze them down? Is this still the case? I should mention that I am using the Unique City States mod.

Amusingly enough - the city they nabbed also happens to be the one they want me to conquer for a quest :lol:

Hi all. Thanks to all the modders for giving us the best 4x experience for this genre. Long may it continue and grow!

I was wondering about City States taking over a city during war. I may be misremembering, but when they received additional cities in the past this way - didn't they use to raze them down? Is this still the case? I should mention that I am using the Unique City States mod.

Amusingly enough - the city they nabbed also happens to be the one they want me to conquer for a quest :lol:
They can keep Cities in VP.

You should check if there is a difference in cities you own not following your religion. If it is the case, this is kinda disappointing, since it does not help expanding outside your own empire.
thanks, I should check that too. That would be very weak indeed, though 50% everywhere would be very strong. In another run I did notice a tiny pressure change in forein cities but nowhere near 50%. I'll file a report I think, even if there is no bug at least the wording should be changed because no one seems to be sure :)

another quick question regarding religion: the Fealty finisher with the tourism bonus for shared religion (and other effects such as diplomatic modifiers) can only ever apply to a player that did not found a religion, right? It never applies to a founding player who then was entirely converted? I mean strictly religious means, without conquering its holy city.

Last edited:
Something I've never understood are the "Highest X Delta" options when sending trade units. Does it mean that it prioritizes cities that give the highest amount of the desired yield, AND also highest amount of gold/other yields? What makes it different from simply the "Normal" Highest option?
Think it ranks the differences between what your civ receives and what the other civ receives from the route. 20 gold for you versus 5 for them would have a delta of 15. 24 for you and 10 for them would have a delta of 14. The 20 gold route would appear above the 24. Doesn't seem super useful but maybe in some supreme edge case you would look at it.

Is there a way that if your city is running a process (science, culture, etc) and you want to build a unit or building that it would drop the process to the bottom of the queue and start building the new item?

sort of like the change that was made when you purchase a building

Last edited:
STR+leftclick will place an item to the first place in a city's queue. After that item is finished, the process will resume.

Regards
XSamatan

Top Bottom