Quick Questions / Quick Answers

I vaguely recall there being some file I could edit to reduce AI trade offer spam. Is that still a thing?

Targeting I on naval ranged units (e.g. Dromon): it says (v3.7.12): "+10% Combat Strength when attacking Naval or Land Units". Note it says Combat Strength, not Ranged Combat Strength. When would non-ranged combat strength help when attacking with a ranged unit?

Targeting I on naval ranged units (e.g. Dromon): it says (v3.7.12): "+10% Combat Strength when attacking Naval or Land Units". Note it says Combat Strength, not Ranged Combat Strength. When would non-ranged combat strength help when attacking with a ranged unit?
Always.

Apologies for me not understanding. I thought if a ranged unit attacked only the ranged CS is considered, and non-ranged CS only when defending.

Apologies for me not understanding. I thought if a ranged unit attacked only the ranged CS is considered, and non-ranged CS only when defending.
So CS bonuses ALSO apply to RCS. In this case, the +10% CS bonus when attacking does increase your RCS.

Now...is there any reason it couldn't be just straight up "RCS when attacking"....I don't think so in this case.

So CS bonuses ALSO apply to RCS. In this case, the +10% CS bonus when attacking does increase your RCS.

Now...is there any reason it couldn't be just straight up "RCS when attacking"....I don't think so in this case.
Thanks, Stalker0. I appreciate you stalking the thread and answering my question. Back to the game!

If you give Targeting to a melee unit, it works too. If anything, the other promotions need to be corrected.

Does cover promotion work for reducing damage from cities attack? Just want to know the answer. Is drill the only (second) promotion which can do that?

1 Yes. Cover reduces the damage the city's ranged atttack inflicts on your units. 2 No. Drill reduces the damage your units take from melee attacking that city.

1 Yes. Cover reduces the damage the city's ranged atttack inflicts on your units. 2 No. Drill reduces the damage your units take from melee attacking that city.
thank you very much, I have made it wrong so long.

Okay I did a complete reload from scratch, only loaded VP and IGE mods and the Embarkation promotion icons are still showing up above my units.

I've tried:
Code:
UPDATE UnitPromotions
SET IsVisibleAboveFlag = 0
WHERE Type = 'PROMOTION_EMBARKATION';
It still hasn't worked. What am I doing wrong here?

Okay I did a complete reload from scratch, only loaded VP and IGE mods and the Embarkation promotion icons are still showing up above my units.

I've tried:
Code:
UPDATE UnitPromotions
SET IsVisibleAboveFlag = 0
WHERE Type = 'PROMOTION_EMBARKATION';
It still hasn't worked. What am I doing wrong here?
I don't know. It's already set to 0 in VP. Has to be something else.

Is there a playable/tested Earth Map with TSL that works with VP and Unique City States?

Thx

Last edited:
Fairly new to all of this so have the typical questions:

1. Which version is currently the most stable version ?
2. Which forum do I go to to find compatible mods? I have seen some mentions of additional unique units but also interested to see if mods like InfoAddict are compatible with it.

Fairly new to all of this so have the typical questions:

1. Which version is currently the most stable version ?
2. Which forum do I go to to find compatible mods? I have seen some mentions of additional unique units but also interested to see if mods like InfoAddict are compatible with it.

4.2.5 has been declared as stable by the dev team. However many mods have not been updated for 4.X so I have yet to try it.

I have just updated my modlist post for VP 3.10.14 if you are interested.

Last edited:
I get a CS quest to remove a barb camp, and it shows me where it is. Some turns later, I get a message that another civ has taken care of it, so there is no more reward. So even though that camp is in my fog of war, I still know it's disappeared. Is there any reason it shouldn't be taken off the fog of war? If not, who can I ask to remove it?

20231102045022_1.jpg

Is it a bug or am I missing something? My neighbor Zulu just performed a border bomb with a landmark instead of a citadel. Seen on the screenshot in the middle of it and its new border radius.

Does Armory give 20xp to all units or is it a typo?
Spoiler Screenie :
1698962257791.png

Edit - nevermind it doesnt give xp to all units just units produced in the city after building Armory

Is there a way to ask another Civ to convert my cities, e.g. if I don't have a religion.

Top Bottom