Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Hi - can someone remind me how do get a Culture Victory again? I remember building the Citizen Earth Protocol before and it having to do with Telecommunications, but after having got that tech with influence on everyone I don't have the option for it. What am I missing?

Hi - can someone remind me how do get a Culture Victory again? I remember building the Citizen Earth Protocol before and it having to do with Telecommunications, but after having got that tech with influence on everyone I don't have the option for it. What am I missing?
two tier 3 tenets on your ideology if Im not mistaken.

Hello,
Playing as Arabia. Arabia gets bonuses for completing historic events. In the wiki there are four such events.
I just completed a trade route (not on the historic event list) with a foreign Civ and it triggered Arabia's special bonus for historic events. Is this intentional?

Hello,
Playing as Arabia. Arabia gets bonuses for completing historic events. In the wiki there are four such events.
I just completed a trade route (not on the historic event list) with a foreign Civ and it triggered Arabia's special bonus for historic events. Is this intentional?
Yes. Historic Events:

- Great Person Birth
- Winning a War
- Changing an Era
- Building a World Wonder
- Completing an Archaeological Dig
- Trade Route Completion originating in a city with Caravansary/Harbor/Zoo/Bazaar
- Trade Route Completion with Statecraft

Hello,
This is correct and something I just learned myself. I am going to be putting in a proposal in the next congress to note for those trade buildings that it counts as an historic event, to prevent such confusion in the future.

Occasionally there's a shadowy outline of an area of tiles when I hover over a tile that's part of the map info (figured out by messing with map info delay). What exactly is this indicating? My only guess is maximum size of a city?

This is correct and something I just learned myself. I am going to be putting in a proposal in the next congress to note for those trade buildings that it counts as an historic event, to prevent such confusion in the future.
Thanks for the info Rekk! (I thought I was going crazy for a moment when the bonuses popped up....)

Yeah Stalker0, that would be a historic proposal. I was running lots of internal trade routes and missed massive bonuses for ages.

Is 24 historic events as Arabia by mid medieval good or am I way too low?

Is an average of 20 turns for each policy over the course of a game good?

This is not something you need to make a proposal for, you can open an issue on Github.

1) How can I modify game files, so barbarian camps spawn every turn?
2) Can I make them attack capitals since the beginning of the game?

Yes. Historic Events:

- Great Person Birth
- Winning a War
- Changing an Era
- Building a World Wonder
- Completing an Archaeological Dig
- Trade Route Completion originating in a city with Caravansary/Harbor/Zoo/Bazaar
- Trade Route Completion with Statecraft
The terminology is quite inconsistent then. Nowhere else in the game are Trade Route Completions labelled Historic Events. In the notifications, it says "Tourism and Trade" instead of "Historic Event". In the policy descriptions, it says "Receive a tourism boost when a trade route is completed". In the Civilopedia, it even says "Tourism is generated by Historic Events or by completing Trade Routes"...

To keep it consistent, it would be better just to change the description of the Arabia UA.

The terminology is quite inconsistent then. Nowhere else in the game are Trade Route Completions labelled Historic Events. In the notifications, it says "Tourism and Trade" instead of "Historic Event". In the policy descriptions, it says "Receive a tourism boost when a trade route is completed". In the Civilopedia, it even says "Tourism is generated by Historic Events or by completing Trade Routes"...

To keep it consistent, it would be better just to change the description of the Arabia UA.
Its not just the Arabia UA then, for example the futurism policy also would affect those trade completions. I've already put int he tooltip updates on Github so that should hopefully clear up the confusion.

Is 24 historic events as Arabia by mid medieval good or am I way too low?

Is an average of 20 turns for each policy over the course of a game good?
In my current 2.6 game, Arabia had done 124 historic events on turn 296.

Is there a way to up the scale and intensity of Barbarians? Want to make a true survival game

1) How can I modify game files, so barbarian camps spawn every turn?
2) Can I make them attack capitals since the beginning of the game?
Is there a way to up the scale and intensity of Barbarians? Want to make a true survival game
1) As of next version, turn on Raging Barbarians.
2) As of next version, set EarliestBarbarianReleaseTurn to 0 in DifficultyMod.xml.
3) Wait for next version and use Raging Barbarians.

1) As of next version, turn on Raging Barbarians.
2) As of next version, set EarliestBarbarianReleaseTurn to 0 in DifficultyMod.xml.
3) Wait for next version and use Raging Barbarians.
Ill wait for next version; but also, is there a way to make it more crazy than just Raging Barbarians?

Top Bottom