Quick Questions / Quick Answers

It's not an intended change. Because so few people play Community Patch only, many bugs often go unreported and therefore unresolved.
Thank you, this is very sad for me as finally this setup of mods was perfect for me..

But since i'm still not ready for VP i just search for a bit smarter AI after all, and other improvements are secondary, wich mod do u recommend me?
I saw "Smart AI" and "Artificial Unintelligence" but i'm not sure if and how they works..

Thank you, this is very sad for me as finally this setup of mods was perfect for me..

But since i'm still not ready for VP i just search for a bit smarter AI after all, and other improvements are secondary, wich mod do u recommend me?
I saw "Smart AI" and "Artificial Unintelligence" but i'm not sure if and how they works..
Whoward69's DLL VMC has it, just use that instead if you're looking for CP alternative.

More specifically, we try to fix CP problems when they are reported (via GitHub), but they need to be reported for us to gain visibility on the problems.

Whoward69's DLL VMC has it, just use that instead if you're looking for CP alternative.
Thx a lot for the advice.. now i'm trying Whoward69's dll components with smart ai v3 and a bunch of mods like more luxuries, enlightment era, future era, promotions pack and unlimited exp from barb.. it seems to work well apart from a crash at the start when i found capital it glitched with black artifacts and then glitched all the interfaces parts till full stuck so i ended program, then i restarted with steam mode offline (dunno why i done but confident of my ignorance in the matter had some feels that it could help lol) loaded that autosave and now i'm past turn 150 and all seems to works fine...

More specifically, we try to fix CP problems when they are reported (via GitHub), but they need to be reported for us to gain visibility on the problems.
I understand.. i will get VP soon after i'm satisfied with some vanilla(or almost vanilla) games.. anyway thx a lot for all of your efforts to make this game even more wonderful

Does anyone know of a way to speed up combat animation of all units?

I know there is a Faster Aircraft Animations mod, I'm looking for a similar solution for all combat units (doesn't have to be a mod, maybe it's just editable in code?)

Have you tried quick combat options from game menu?
No animations are displayed
That's not what I'm talking about. I WANT too see the animations because that shows which AI units attacked mine and from where. It's not visible when you have Quick Combat enabled.

However, as of right now the animations take too much time - if I could speed them up e.g. by 1.5x or 2x - would be awesome

(btw this is why I mentioned Faster Aircraft Animations mod which does this but only for planes, unfortunately)

How does instant yields from GP's scale nowadays? Do all of them scale based on last 10 turns of said yield or do some of them still scale with e.g. number of academies/manufactories?

How does instant yields from GP's scale nowadays? Do all of them scale based on last 10 turns of said yield or do some of them still scale with e.g. number of academies/manufactories?
The way I understand it- is both- 10 turns is the base but increased with number of academies/manufactories - it says it in description of the great person when you go to use them I think it is 10%/25%. And I've noticed a big difference when I have many or few academies/manufactories- GM has the base WLKD at 5 and scales at 1 for each town you have. Their are some policies in industry that increase GE/GM and one in rationalism that increases GS yield when used. GW scales with great works 3% and GA scales with themed works- 20%. This information is coming from the in game descriptions- so sometimes that information is not accurate but it seems to play out correctly in my experience.

I don't get the Theming bonus "different works from civs other than the city owner", how is that different from the "different eras and civs"?

I don't get the Theming bonus "different works from civs other than the city owner", how is that different from the "different eras and civs"?
when it says different eras and civs-- that can include one from your civ-- like the hermitage- I can have two from other civs and eras and one from mine with a different era--- when it says civs other than city owner you can not use a work from your civ and get the bonus.

That's not what I'm talking about. I WANT too see the animations because that shows which AI units attacked mine and from where. It's not visible when you have Quick Combat enabled.

However, as of right now the animations take too much time - if I could speed them up e.g. by 1.5x or 2x - would be awesome

(btw this is why I mentioned Faster Aircraft Animations mod which does this but only for planes, unfortunately)
there is such a mod Faster Non-Aircraft Animations. I use it and it seems o.k. but I never checked the combat speed. Anyway, I love it when they knock each other on their heads... :mischief:

(from modinfo )

<Name>Faster Non-Aircraft Animations</Name>
<Teaser>Faster unit movement animations for non-aircraft units (4x speed)! This sort of replicates the 'quick movement' effect of Civ 6</Teaser>
<Description>Faster unit movement animations for non-aircraft units (4x speed)! This sort of replicates the 'quick movement' effect of Civ 6 and brings it to Civ 5 - with this mod enabled and 'Quick Movement' disabled, you'll still see the movement animations but they'll happen 4x as fast! Credit goes to Serp at CivFanatics for writing the code - I merely put it into mod form and uploaded it to Steam, with Serp's permission. NOTE: As of 2021y05m09d, this mod is compatible with Vox Populi!</Description>
<Authors>Mikhail</Authors>

Last edited:
there is such a mod Faster Non-Aircraft Animations. I use it and it seems o.k. but I never checked the combat speed. Anyway, I love it when they knock each other on their heads... :mischief:

(from modinfo )

<Name>Faster Non-Aircraft Animations</Name>
<Teaser>Faster unit movement animations for non-aircraft units (4x speed)! This sort of replicates the 'quick movement' effect of Civ 6</Teaser>
<Description>Faster unit movement animations for non-aircraft units (4x speed)! This sort of replicates the 'quick movement' effect of Civ 6 and brings it to Civ 5 - with this mod enabled and 'Quick Movement' disabled, you'll still see the movement animations but they'll happen 4x as fast! Credit goes to Serp at CivFanatics for writing the code - I merely put it into mod form and uploaded it to Steam, with Serp's permission. NOTE: As of 2021y05m09d, this mod is compatible with Voox Populi!</Description>
<Authors>Mikhail</Authors>
Thanks. Checked it, unfortunately it does not affect combat animation speed 😕

Thanks. Checked it, unfortunately it does not affect combat animation speed 😕
Greater combat animation speed might look like comic, anyway. I should like to see them even a little slower, actually. But display time could be shorter, that's true. There should be numbers in the files for that, but I know nothing of it. Alas.

Could someone expain if access to fresh water for the city affects anything other than availability of some buildings and wonders? Many thanks

Then I will ask my question,
Is there a Civ 4 Diplomacy features and City-State Diplomacy compatiable version with Community Balance Patch? Vox populi as a whole is really impressive, but changes a magnitude of stuff that I'd rather not want to see in my everyday game.
civ 4 diplomatic features mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=141452526
City state diplomacy mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=159412005

cheers

I'm confused by this question. If you're running the full Vox Populi package, EVERY single features from BOTH mods are in game, especially because the latter mod is made by one of the devs here.

Also Community Balance Patch? What version are you trying to run? As far as I know, the actual overhaul mod is simply called (2) Vox Populi for a long while now, with every change included for simplicity's sake.

Top Bottom