Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Does this mod make the AI the strongest of all the other Civ5 mods? How strong is the AI compared to K-Mod for Civ4?

When it comes to territorial disputes, and especially promises about not settling near AIs, how many tiles between cities does it need to be? Like, how close can I settle to not upset them? And does it count from the nearest city or border?

Pretty sure it is tiles from the capital. Probably something like 8 or 12 tiles, need confirmation here.

Does this mod make the AI the strongest of all the other Civ5 mods? How strong is the AI compared to K-Mod for Civ4?
Probably yes, because they are clever, and on higher difficulties they get a ton of bonuses. Not sure about other AI mods, maybe there are others with more bonuses, but they most probably lack the geopolitical and tactical thinking.
Don't know about K-Mod so can't comment on that (I know it exists, but haven't tried it personally).
When it comes to territorial disputes, and especially promises about not settling near AIs, how many tiles between cities does it need to be? Like, how close can I settle to not upset them? And does it count from the nearest city or border?
It depends on a lot of factors (for example Civ traits, like for aggressive / expansionists civs it counts more), but as a rule of thumb, if there won't be a space for atleast another city or two, you can probably count on it.

There is this tooltip when hovering over buildings, what a building would benefit from. Herbalists highlights plantations, does it still count as a forest/jungle tile?

Edit: Oh wait, nevermind. It's +1 production for plantations.

Hello. I'm making some mod but have difficulty for coding.

1. The building, when exists, supply 5 XP per food resource (like salt, wheat, dear, etc...)
2. The promotion, gain 5% combat power per food resource

How can I code them? Does someone help me?

Why can't I build a stable even though I have a pasture on horses? It's 5 tiles away from my capital, no tradition policy. I can build it in my capital, but I don't have horses there. Building stables in the capital won't boost horses in my colony.

Attachments

• Sid Meier's Civilization V HorsesStableCityView.png
    Sid Meier's Civilization V HorsesStableCityView.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 21
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V HorsesStableStratView.png
    Sid Meier's Civilization V HorsesStableStratView.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
Your capital had the tile before you settled the other city?

whichever city owns the tile when the improvement is completed is the city that gets to build the building

Slapping a great person tile improvement ontop of the horses might let you build a stable. not sure tho

Is 199 Iron and 149 Horses total normal on Low Sea, Sparse Strategics, Small Communitu Map? (6 Civs, 14 CSs) It's still a lot, every civ has plenty, they probably won't utilize it all, and they don't want to trade anything. Is there any way to decrease the spawn even more?

What are +/- normal numbers? And what mod can cause this? Is it maybe because of the Override Assign Starting Plots setting set to yes, and some mod boosting numbers? Even More Resources maybe?

I also noticed, it switched a lot of options to abundant after I picked Classical Starting Era. It had happened only once, not in this game, but maybe it still changes even though it's not visible as picked? Is there any way to check the save for exact advanced world map settings?

The old steam workshop mod "remove ice" does not work with VP.
I wonder if it is possible to use the VP event system to create an event that removes all ice from water tiles?

(Or can someone fix that mod for VP or knows where to find a fixed version?)

I wonder if it is possible to use the VP event system to create an event that removes all ice from water tiles?

This might be the answer you are looking for. But IGE+ will allow you to remove and change tiles manually. I used to spend a lot of time customizing my worlds before ending the first turn. Keep in mind that this can be addicting and if you don't want to ruin the difficulty you should make yourself stop using it after turn one. It's perfectly fine to deactivate this mod and continue playing after using it.

Removing Ice from the map requires a game reload to update the map graphics. So then such a mod would look janky as you can't see the update in real-time.

I'm getting a bug when the World Congress is founded. Every Civ gets only one vote, regardless of embassies, policies, religion spread, etc.

Is this actually a bug or something intended for early Renaissance?

edit: I fixed it by going back one turn before researching Printing Press and making sure that every other Civ is also in Renaissance era (I simply used IGE to give everyone Banking). Weird.

Last edited:
If I want to make costs for techs and policies by 25% in epic speed what should I change in settings?
You can alter things for example in C:\Users\Name\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(2) Vox Populi\Database Changes\GameSpeedChanges.sql
or alternatively set the costs for techs themselves in C:\Users\Name\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(2) Vox Populi\Database Changes\Tech\TechCostSweeps.sql in TechCosts table (change the values in the 2nd column, the 1st one is the column of the techs in the tech tree).
For policies I'm not sure right now, but you can search for it in such files (maybe in Policies folder for example).

God-King belief description mentions "in your Capital/Holy City". My question is about the /, does it mean you get yields in both cities if your holy city is not your capital?

Capital before you found, Holy City after you do.

Is there any way to increase how aggressive the AI civs are towards each other? I just had a game on an earth map where over 20 civs in europe/asia never declared war on each other the entire time. They were all neighbors with each other and mainly just ganged up on one civ. I was thinking maybe I could increase the diplomatic penalty they got from territorial disputes. Is that possible?

Is there any way to increase how aggressive the AI civs are towards each other? I just had a game on an earth map where over 20 civs in europe/asia never declared war on each other the entire time. They were all neighbors with each other and mainly just ganged up on one civ. I was thinking maybe I could increase the diplomatic penalty they got from territorial disputes. Is that possible?
(1) Community Patch > Core Files > Core Changes > DiploAIOptions.sql

Set Aggressive Mode to 2.

If you specifically want to increase territorial disputes, the values you want are in Core Files > Core Values > DiploOpinionWeights.sql.

Top Bottom