Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Is founding cities on resources beneficial, and does VP change anything about it? Do I get bonuses from buildings?

Is founding cities on resources beneficial, and does VP change anything about it? Do I get bonuses from buildings?
You get extra yield immediatelly and get access to this resource, if you have the tech, but you cant later get benefit of additional yield from improvement on resource.
For example if you move on some luxury that has +1 gold, you get +1 gold from turn 1, which is a head start. But you lose access later to for example +1 culture, if it was gold, since
you cant build a mine on it any more.. I almost never do it, but saw some playtrougs on diety, ppl actually do this.

If building say, you have +x from resource then yes, if it say from specific improvement specific resource, then not.
Basically wording is accurate, unless there is a bug :)
As fare i know, depending on implementation, sometimes those yields can show on building itselve, and sometimes on city square as a "bonus from terrian",
same way as science from artistry policies is added to city square, and not for example to palace yields. That might be confusing sometimes.

I guess one reason to settle on a valuable resource is not for yields, but for the assurance that said resource cannot be pillage. You also get it now, it can have some use for iron rush etc.
So you never loose the (non-yield) benefit unless the enemy take your city. In the early game, this can secure iron or horse, or valuable luxuries.

Also, now that there is a spy mission to pillage rural infrastructure, this is an additional security.

Hey guys,

Started a new run on 4.5.1 - Game crashes every time I hover Buildings on the city production menu. Started happening really early in the game, turn 32.

Playing as the Shoshone.

Any ideas?

hi guys,
after use this mod on my game , when the game asks me to select social policies but somehow I can't open social policies screen and I can't end turn. Could someone help me ?

1. Switching of great works bewteen civs - what benifits can it give?
2. Needs of food/production distress - is it sum or minimum of them that I need to maximize in order to reduce distress?
3. Where can I see how many public works have been done in this city?

Last edited:
2. Needs of food/production distress - is it sum or minimum of them that I need to maximize in order to reduce distress?
1. you can use them for theming bonuses in certain buildings (check "Your Culture" window), increasing the yields they provide significantly
2. sum
3. probably nowhere, you can guess from its cost and the city security modifier for it (as both increase for each finished one), but otherwise there is no counter for it afaik

Honeslty i dont know, if you can have purely precise number for that, and honestly that is kinda not important, since you need them, or you dont :)
The only real utility of that, is if you conquer some city, and you wonder :)
Indirectly you can look at happiness, and there are like 4 cathegories, and this is 3rd line, dont remember wording, but i think it contain "public works"..
Second, you can just look at the prize. It cost by default 500, +100 for each public works, +100 for each era. So if you are Renesiance, and prize is 800, it meants its 2nd..
Third, you can infer more or less from the empire size. You can compare if you have more or less than in other cities, take account for Walls and Castles etc.. then more or less you will know.
The problem is that those sources are kinda poluted by other sources, so if you want to know precise number, you need swet your brain a little.
It says what is the total deficit, and how much you need more to get the next breakpoint.
Some buildings require you specific cmbinations to get theming bonus. This bonus is very powerfull, and you always should
put prio1 on getting theming bonus, if you have even number of great works.
Sometimes the theming comment says "If you want to maximize theming bonus you shoud have art of different eras of civilisation different than your own"
So obviously if all your are your own, you need switching.

Not sure if it's VP related, but I don't remember any issues related to this when I played big maps on the vanilla game with my friends.

I keep having Memory Allocation Error: not enough memory spam in Lua.log and then random CTD while playing Polynesia on a standard sized, low sea level Communitu map. Is it because of exploring all world and moving map around each turn? Is there any fix? I read people playing on huge maps with many civs, and wonder how they're not crashing constantly.

Not sure if it's VP related, but I don't remember any issues related to this when I played big maps on the vanilla game with my friends.

I keep having Memory Allocation Error: not enough memory spam in Lua.log and then random CTD while playing Polynesia on a standard sized, low sea level Communitu map. Is it because of exploring all world and moving map around each turn? Is there any fix? I read people playing on huge maps with many civs, and wonder how they're not crashing constantly.
Try to disable yield icons, and to not zoom out a lot.

CS_Revolution.png

What does that global quest mean? What am I supposed to do? What could I get? :undecide:

View attachment 687694

What does that global quest mean? What am I supposed to do? What could I get? :undecide:
This quest is similar to the horde quest.
If there still are barbarian when the quest horde end, the city is capture by barbarian.
If there still are barbarian when this quest end, their current ally (or the one at start of the quest, can't remember) get a heavy loss of influence, possibly or forcefully ending the ally status.

This quest is similar to the horde quest.
If there still are barbarian when the quest horde end, the city is capture by barbarian.
If there still are barbarian when this quest end, their current ally (or the one at start of the quest, can't remember) get a heavy loss of influence, possibly or forcefully ending the ally status.
Oh, :thumbsup:. I'll wait and see what happens. Their ally is at war, far away, and will/can do nothing. Maybe it is even better to not help them now. I can take 1500g tribute now, let them get sacked and try to liberate them later...
CS_Revolution2.png

Last edited:
Precisions : the Horde quest get captured by barbarians.
The Revolution quest (which is the one you have) does not change city ownership, it only change influence.
It will result in a still CS which is majorly pissed at Aztecs.

How do I ensure "no basic tooltip help" actually works? I don't want to be overwhelmed by all the things a tile can yield with future techs, basically all I want is to see current yield and combat defense.
Sometimes it actually does, then suddenly it's showing everything (I have the more detailed tooltip info set to 10 in an attempt to stop this)

If I push the restart button, does it remember map settings like world age, sea level, etc? Also, is there a way for the game to somehow remember these settings when I set up another game?

Top Bottom