• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Quick Questions , Quick Answers

I just witnessed an AI build a Lunar Mining Outpost improvement (with an offworld worker "Constructor ..." something or other), needless to say I have no lunar terrain.

I just witnessed an AI build a Lunar Mining Outpost improvement (with an offworld worker "Constructor ..." something or other), needless to say I have no lunar terrain.
Looks like lunar terrain should be mandatory for this improvement (and lunar mine too) @Toffer90
There is Iron/Bauxite/Titanium ore - those three can be placed on Moon and can be extracted with those improvements
Lunar mining outpost doesn't have lunar terrains...

Also someone reported, that great farmer can place bonuses on water if tunnels are built...
I guess similar thing could be done here too - require any land terrain.
Only code change can fix it, so improvements can be built on water only if they have certain tag.
EDIT: Looked around code and found relevant function, so I fixed python accordingly.
Now you can't place resources in water tiles.

Last edited:
I didn't even know we had a lunar mining outpost improvement. Stop mentioning me in relation to future content, I've no knowledge about it whatsoever.
I didn't knew, that it didn't have any terrain requirements when I mentioned you.
Then I checked, that it had missing terrain requirements.

That is I thought it had terrain requirements, but were ignored in presence of resource.
EDIT: It appears it doesn't work.
This means Earth map category needs to be removed from construction ship.
Or those build actions need to be removed from it.

Last edited:
Speaking of space terrain I've noticed that older versions of the mod used final frontier terrain for the generic space terrain and planet features. Now it's this opaque black color with no stars and looks the same as land terrain with the blends. The planets and stars are also just rocky outcrops. Was there a reason for this change? And how far back was it changed? I'm assuming they are placeholders until someone makes new versions of them? (after multimaps?)

Speaking of space terrain I've noticed that older versions of the mod used final frontier terrain for the generic space terrain and planet features. Now it's this opaque black color with no stars and looks the same as land terrain with the blends. The planets and stars are also just rocky outcrops. Was there a reason for this change? And how far back was it changed? I'm assuming they are placeholders until someone makes new versions of them? (after multimaps?)
Those are terrain placeholders pretty much.
Pepper wasn't artist.
Also it was really old version of mod I guess - before Pepper started integrating his space content.

Now those Lunar Bulldozers make more sense: They are effectively fix to build actions not having map category.
I removed ability to build Lunar Mines/Mining Outposts/Colony Extraction Facilities from Construction Ships.
Those improvements could be built on Earth if iron/titanum/bauxite were present (mines) or hill was present (colony extraction facilities).

Now you have to build construction ship and supply ship for early resource extraction:
Construction Ship lets you build Lunar Base/Lunar Oupost (lunar settlers can create cities on Lunar Outpost improvement too).
Then you can send Supply Ship to that tile, as you can turn to Lunar Bulldozer on claimed tiles only - unit themselves is unlocked later, but that "upgrade" is available at Lunar Bases (it works trough missions/outcomes stuff).

Last edited:
Dotmap — how do you switch between 2-radius outlines and three-radius outlines? I got it by accident once (cat walked over keyboard) so I know it exists but I can't figure out what the hotkeys are.

Hit shift plus x.

Are space units usable on regular non-space maps? I build satellite and shuttle units and just don't know what to do with them, they have no options like "fly on orbit", or "build an orbital station" . Moon rover has an option "send to the Moon" (I hope it really sends it, not just kills), and where is an option for others?

AI does not go to space so space units are useless

You can't. Are you asking because of those quests that ask to build an unit that is already obsolete? That is seriously annoying.

How can I build units that are already obsolete?
Used to be you would go into BUG and uncheck the Hide Obsolete Units checkbox. Then obsolete units would be available again. With the recent (over the past year) changes by new coders, like billw2015, this may have changed. I'm not sure. But I always have that Option in BUG turned off (unchecked). Same for Worker actions.

Strike economy means you have No treasury and are in the Red (-:gold:/turn). And if not addressed quickly will start the process of units being deleted to try to satisfy the shortfall. Once all units are "deleted" ie sold off to stop maint. on them, then buildings, iirc, will be the next items to start going bye bye. This will continue until an equilibrium is re-established, i.e. getting a 0 or +:gold: per turn back and treasury level above 0:gold:.

The wonderbread economy focuses on food and population growth, and then gets most of its production from sacrificing.

Are there any units that can transport ships/boats over land (like log rollers)?

Top Bottom