Quick Questions , Quick Answers

Is normal mutiples stacks of neanderthal obsidian swordsman came to test my Spiked clubman power in mutiples games or i Just unlucky?

I would be willing to wager it may be a sign of being a little behind some other AI players but it could also have been an event that generated them early, though I don't remember one for Neanderthal Obsidian Swordsmen specifically.

Is normal mutiples stacks of neanderthal obsidian swordsman came to test my Spiked clubman power in mutiples games or i Just unlucky?

Last year I lost my capital, when it was still size 1, to two barbarian stacks. The second was only two squares behind the first... my citizens never stood a chance. That was fun.

I would be willing to wager it may be a sign of being a little behind some other AI players but it could also have been an event that generated them early, though I don't remember one for Neanderthal Obsidian Swordsmen specifically.
If some AI is advanced it was a distant one because all the 3 closed civs close to me was seeing chaser/scouts/slinger/clubman stacks against me, even the neanderthal was spkied clubman/slinger stacks

Last year I lost my capital, when it was still size 1, to two barbarian stacks. The second was only two squares behind the first... my citizens never stood a chance. That was fun.
Exactly who my tupi die, i still have a older save i willing to try again only because the bad start i get

How i kill moving rougues? One Rogue is alone killing all the cops, dogs and criminals i send after his last know location and he never apear on the map, my Workers can never take a vacation because each turn a new improvement is destroyed, please think on all the orfan enforcer children!!!

How i kill moving rougues? One Rogue is alone killing all the cops, dogs and criminals i send after his last know location and he never apear on the map, my Workers can never take a vacation because each turn a new improvement is destroyed, please think on all the orfan enforcer children!!!
Either get some protection out there for your vulnerable units or go hunting with Law Enforcement and Dog units to get visibility and some kind of fast and powerful unit like a mounted or such to get in to kill them when you can spot them.

Either get some protection out there for your vulnerable units or go hunting with Law Enforcement and Dog units to get visibility and some kind of fast and powerful unit like a mounted or such to get in to kill them when you can spot them.
Thats the thing my dogs and cops cant find then, i using hide and seak

Might be a bug where invisible units cannot be seen if playing with Hide & Seek but not playing with Size Matters. I'm gonna look into it today or/and tomorrow.
I played with SM on the last days, and the rogues were invisible to me too. And yes I had different visibility units around, on hills/towers/cities, with visibility build ups.

Then perhaps they simply have too good veil then, needs xml adjustment.
Have there been any other tinkerings going on in these that I wasn't made aware of yet? Criminals should be just barely visible if at their best vs the best that can be pumped into the LE and Canine units. That's how I had added it up previously and that would be at a range of 1 space out so you should need to be right next to them, AND that should take into account the town/city and/or forest bonuses.

So the base formula I initially used for setup - and I'm stating this to remind myself as well is: Best Possible total of all accessible spot visibility promos and native ability for a unit should meet and thus beat the Best Possible total of all accessible veil invisibility promos + native ability + strongest potential terrain modifier totals. LE should be able to do that for disguise and dogs should be exceeding that by a few pts for criminals because strike teams and cats have the strongest camo by a point or two over criminals. This would be the main balance points I strove for along this particular contest setup and between concurrent matched upgrade stage level of criminal vs concurrent upgrade stage level of the LE units. It might be possible that the criminals briefly become impossible, at their best, to see through if they are slightly higher in upgrade rank - I think this takes place for a small time at Rogue perhaps but then this is then counterable if you aren't using town improvements for added caution. During such a stage of the game, town improvements MIGHT be islands of truly impossible to pierce invisibility levels, unless perhaps the LE units are ON those tiles with the Criminal ones trying to sneak about.

IF the levels have been tinkered with anywhere in the setup, like on promos, improvements, other tile elements, buildups, base amounts, etc, this balance point will be a bit screwed up, AND it still doesn't make it EASY to find them because this slight advantage for spotting units is only at one tile distance - even one more step out and the capped criminal can still be unseen (though that's also assuming they aren't moving and have used buildups to stay hidden so when they first move they should be visible at 2 tiles out and possibly more.)

If 'meet beats' as a rule has been changed to a tie goes to the invisible unit, then the whole thing was skewed by a pt as well... haven't reviewed the code refactorings that have taken place there recently either.

I'm not sure I ever explained how I initially setup the math but I wanted to record it for myself to be aware of as well since it's one of my next review steps is to re-review these.

If 'meet beats' as a rule has been changed to a tie goes to the invisible unit, then the whole thing was skewed by a pt as well... haven't reviewed the code refactorings that have taken place there recently either.
If spot equals veil then the veiled unit will be spotted.

Edit: A rouge without promotions have 3 camo, and 3 disguise veil. an enforcer without promos have the same spot for the plot he is standing on.

Last edited:
If spot equals veil then the veiled unit will be spotted.

Edit: A rouge without promotions have 3 camo, and 3 disguise veil. an enforcer without promos have the same spot for the plot he is standing on.
And I THINK Enforcers are lvl 2 LE and thus comparable to Thieves and lvl 3 is skipped for LE units iirc.

PS: Intentionally btw. There are frequent places in the interactions between Crime and LE units where one has a unique benefit over the other that can be exploited by the player that knows to expect that 'coverage gap' or specialty of the unique crime unit(s) of the era. This particular 'gap' is intended to make the late prehistoric very tough still to spot incoming Rogues because they are still relatively slow compared to later criminal units that can use a lot of speed and enemy routes to get where they want to go, and with the commonly wide distances between civs at this stage, it's a little difficult to take full advantage of the Rogue's edge before advancing tech. Also, the next lvl of LE unit comes up a bit before the next level of Crime, giving a snap back for a bit where LE has an upper hand.

Last edited:
And I THINK Enforcers are lvl 2 LE and thus comparable to Thieves and lvl 3 is skipped for LE units iirc.

PS: Intentionally btw. There are frequent places in the interactions between Crime and LE units where one has a unique benefit over the other that can be exploited by the player that knows to expect that 'coverage gap' or specialty of the unique crime unit(s) of the era. This particular 'gap' is intended to make the late prehistoric very tough still to spot incoming Rogues because they are still relatively slow compared to later criminal units that can use a lot of speed and enemy routes to get where they want to go, and with the commonly wide distances between civs at this stage, it's a little difficult to take full advantage of the Rogue's edge before advancing tech. Also, the next lvl of LE unit comes up a bit before the next level of Crime, giving a snap back for a bit where LE has an upper hand.
I hope so, my tatic is moving in the civ next door, the raid stoped, i assume the rougues are for this guy, and he send his rougues back to defend this "invasion" of mine.

I'm on the latest SVN build and I haven't had any problem finding criminals and killing them. You just need more than 1 unit on the job. I usually have 1-2 dogs and 3-4 cops - the dogs will find 'em and the cops will kill 'em. Sometimes it takes 4 cops to kill an assassin but such is life.

What also helps is to wipe out any countries on the same continents as you are. Once I did that on my home continent, I haven't had any trouble there. AI does not seem to use ships to deliver criminals/strike teams or at least it hasn't been able to do so in my last two games.

Is there a way to get the 'founded' year in the Domestic Advisor (instead of the turn)?
Domestic_Screenshot_2022-04-09_11-38-49.png

How worked it again with the tortoise app and the newest update so my saves are not overwritten ? Where can i download the newest update ?

Is there a way to set (or tell) how many turns it takes for the difficulty to change on speeds other than normal?

Got xml errors out the wazoo when I tried to play v42, admittedly I did just overwrite the existing folder.

Here's hoping that deleting the old folder and replacing it with v42 folder will help

Top Bottom