Quick Questions , Quick Answers

Ok so if you want to find any building:
Open Notepad++, if you don't have it, then install it.
Press ctrl+f and choose Caveman2Cosmos folder
In "Find in files" write ingame name of building and in filters write *text*.xml, then search results will appear.
One of those will mention internal name of building in tag, copy it, and search for it with *buildinginfos*.xml filter

Ok so if you want to find any building:
Open Notepad++, if you don't have it, then install it.
Press ctrl+f and choose Caveman2Cosmos folder
In "Find in files" write ingame name of building and in filters write *text*.xml, then search results will appear.
One of those will mention internal name of building in tag, copy it, and search for it with *buildinginfos*.xml filter
Will try that.
Update: Found it, wasn't looking for scientific names so thank you very much. And the obsoleting information was yet another file. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I am looking for some help, I am a new C2C player but an old civ4 fanatics. Anyway, my question is about Cisulnar plot and outer space plot, I have already discover the technology to reach most of these new spatial options but I can't find the way to produce it anywhere, I have rode set post about multi map but couldn't find it anywhere in the game, can you help me please I would really like to experiment these new options.. Thanks in advance

Hi everyone, I am looking for some help, I am a new C2C player but an old civ4 fanatics. Anyway, my question is about Cisulnar plot and outer space plot, I have already discover the technology to reach most of these new spatial options but I can't find the way to produce it anywhere, I have rode set post about multi map but couldn't find it anywhere in the game, can you help me please I would really like to experiment these new options.. Thanks in advance
You need to click on Custom Scenario, and select any scenario, that starts with name of Spacemap.

Mapscripts currently doesn't have any space.

You need to click on Custom Scenario, and select any scenario, that starts with name of Spacemap.

Mapscripts currently doesn't have any space.
Thanks for your reply but I am already in game can I do it currently? By the way where are all theses building supposed to be made if there is no space for it?

Thanks for your reply but I am already in game can I do it currently? By the way where are all theses building supposed to be made if there is no space for it?
Nope, you need to start new game on space scenario, or use worldbuilder and tear apart bit of map so you can have at least one space city of each type.
If map doesn't have space, then those space requiring buildings just lay unused in memory.

On space scenario you would have Cislunar buildings in Cislunar space, Lunar buildings on Moon and so on.

I'm wondering if there's an issue with fresh water tags. Had all the prereqs to build Lyceum (classical tech, unlocked by Philosophy), but couldn't build one until I had built a Cistern first, despite having a Town Well to provide fresh water.

I'm wondering if there's an issue with fresh water tags. Had all the prereqs to build Lyceum (classical tech, unlocked by Philosophy), but couldn't build one until I had built a Cistern first, despite having a Town Well to provide fresh water.
Its nothing to do with fresh water.
You probably didn't built Sewer System before you built Cistern.
Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2021-07-25 19-12-09-26.png

I started a new C2C game but all the interface windows / buttons are missing. Any ideas?
Using SVN 11356
1. Game can't be installed in My Documents (or Documents).
2. It must be named Caveman2Cosmos exactly
3. Run as admin if you have game on system drive
4. Do full SVN cleanup

Its nothing to do with fresh water.
You probably didn't built Sewer System before you built Cistern.

I built sewer system first, since it's a listed requirement. Was unable to then build lyceum until after I built the cistern. Also had aqueduct available (not built), but I didn't try that since the cistern worked.

Also since updating to the latest SVN (last updated early 2021?), I am unable to harvest kelp with ancient workboats.

Also since updating to the latest SVN (last updated early 2021?), I am unable to harvest kelp with ancient workboats.
@Blazenclaw probably did mistake somewhere

Its fixed on github now

Thx for the quick response Raxo2222!
Tho, still no interface buttons on any game I start. The windows are there but nothing in them.
Delete mod completely and install it from scratch.
Game itself may be broken, so reinstall it from scratch or if using steam verify your files.

Can I disable megafauna and possibly other alt timelines in the Assets/Modules/Alt_Timelines/MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml file? Is that enough for disabling them without breaking anything? And also, can I do this mid game or will I have to restart? I mostly don't want trained big cats.

Can I disable megafauna and possibly other alt timelines in the Assets/Modules/Alt_Timelines/MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml file? Is that enough for disabling them without breaking anything? And also, can I do this mid game or will I have to restart? I mostly don't want trained big cats.
Theoretically you can, I didn't check if its possible.

Theoretically you can, I didn't check if its possible.
Welp, at least an ongoing game crashed (maybe a new one would work), guess I'll just have to PURGE the civilizations that use trained big cats if I want to continue playing this game. (or maybe if I edit each civilizations techs to not have researched it, maybe they won't research it again since they're well past that now?)

Edit: Honestly I just got mad because my master hunter got killed by a barbarian trained cat when he went off a boat to take a tribal village, now that I've cooled down I feel like it's ok lol, especially since they're wonders and not everyone can have them (though next time, I'm not gonna let someone else take the big cat wonder)

Last edited:
Playing on C2C World Giant size, enabling viewports: what size values do I need to put in BUG option?

Top Bottom