Quick Questions , Quick Answers

Just a quick question, why do criminal like vertical farms so much? I was not really having a problem with criminal units pillaging my improvements until I reached vertical farming, now every turn I lose at least one, sometimes more.

Just a quick question, why do criminal like vertical farms so much? I was not really having a problem with criminal units pillaging my improvements until I reached vertical farming, now every turn I lose at least one, sometimes more.
Maybe they give more to pillage.

Why are vactrain routes -.24 movement costs while gravity train routes are .15 costs? Also is there any way to make it so workers on automated infrastructure duty build highways? As it is now they build electric railroad and then wait until maglevs to upgrade.
Spoiler Screenshots :
upload_2021-6-5_7-31-8.png
upload_2021-6-5_7-31-18.png

Why are vactrain routes -.24 movement costs while gravity train routes are .15 costs?
It shouldn't be negative at first place - it seems like some change is applied every time on recalc.
Essentially this is serious bug.

Okay, I thought it might be a bug but wasn't sure. It also affected turn times because I had units on automated border patrol and they had so much movement points they kept moving around the map for 5 minutes straight.

Okay, I thought it might be a bug but wasn't sure. It also affected turn times because I had units on automated border patrol and they had so much movement points they kept moving around the map for 5 minutes straight.
Upload save

Will look for one. Past that stage, and turn times have dropped drastically.

Went back a ways and found a save, vactrain route were only -.08 movement costs.
Found a save where vactrain routes were -.16, will upload that since it is closest I have.

Attachments

• Turn Times.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.8 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Went back a ways and found a save, vactrain route were only -.08 movement costs.
Found a save where vactrain routes were -.16, will upload that since it is closest I have.
Vactrain route movement of cost is affected by tech bonus.
Bug is in bonus stacking on top of itself (it lowers movement cost by 0.08), that why you saw it stepping down every 0.08 points on recalc.

Is there to make it so Maginot Line does not put bunkers on the map?

In CvEventManager.py: change
"MAGINOTLINE" : GC.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_MAGINOTLINE'),
to
"MAGINOTLINE" : -1,

Line 240
Thanks

Another stupid question is there a way to make mountain mine auto upgrade? I am sick and tired of having to fix mountain mines manually when the rest of the improvements are auto upgrade. Especially considering how many criminals I have to deal with each turn.

Another stupid question is there a way to make mountain mine auto upgrade? I am sick and tired of having to fix mountain mines manually when the rest of the improvements are auto upgrade. Especially considering how many criminals I have to deal with each turn.
They should be autoupgrading!
Upload save so @Toffer90 can check what is wrong.
Citizen can work on mountain tiles, if improvement is there.

So most likely there is edge case for mountain mines.

Last edited:
They have never upgraded automatically and I have said something numerous times, plus uploaded saves and screenshots. So I thought I would try to fix it myself.
Spoiler Screenshot :
upload_2021-6-17_12-48-52.png

Attachments

• Shepard April 21, AD-1890.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.8 MB · Views: 20
Top Bottom