Quick Science Victory

Question : when do you start bulbing all those GS that you've been stocking during all the game ? I am in the middle of a Babylon game, got like 5-6 GS sitting around my cap.
Their bulbing power depends on what ? Your SP per turn, the turn number, your science advancement (era or whatever) ?

I only found the formula that it is your output of your last 8 turns of science. I usually experienced a 5% derivation on that, I don't know why and I haven't really found any proper formula that explained it.

So I think around (8 last turns of science) -5% is what you usually get per GS. So obviously you should wait till you got maxoutput, some times waiting to long would delay a lot of stuff which is inefficent as well. Best way to do it is to calculate for yourself ingame.

It's the last 8 turns of science, but science from Scholasticism and RAs doesn't count. Your BPT is constantly increasing so it's not exactly your current BPT * 8, maybe that's where you get the minor difference.

L.E. I didn't know Rationalism opener does not count, this explains it then.

Alright, so I guess you can bulb when you've maxed out your SPT. Which means research labs in all your biggest cities and good pop.

But wait 8 turns after you get Research Labs. Also you need to be careful about overshooting. If you overshoot, your beakers are capped at 5 turns of research so don't bulb techs that cost less than 3 turns to research because the some of the extra beakers are lost.

Indeed, you usually can only bulb GS per per turn to avoid hitting the cap.

Acken, I noticed in your video that you posted way, way back on Page 2 of this thread that you discovered Philosophy on turn 47 -- before you have even built a single library. Why research it this early when it's not being used? I try to sneak in a few other techs and time it so that I finish philosophy when I can start building NC. Is that something I should even worry about?

No. Researching philo that early is not necessary unless you want to start on the Oracle right away. Also it's with babylon so I already had most my early techs that I want.

Honestly looking back on this video it was a bit sloppy and salt start is not very representative.

It has been a while and I don't remember the timings but I do remember my no mod Korea Continents Emperor game I had 4 cities turning 600bpt by turn 200 without observatories and playing for a total domV. I conquered my continent then xcom dropped the 2nd by 300 conquering every city (not the CS). Easily could have launched a 300 spaceV. This was on a self rolled map. No reloads either.

My benchmarks are

Turn 100 = 100 bpt
Turn 150 = 300 bpt
Turn 200 = 600 bpt

These are good numbers with a Korea or Babylon others will not meet these normally.

That's about alright, but by turn 200 on standard speed you should be close to 800-900 because you *should* have RLabs by then

Top Bottom