• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Quickest Time

What is your quickest game of civ?

• Space Race <1 Hour

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Space Race 1-2 Hours

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Space Race 2+ Hours

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Domination <1 Hour

• Domination 1-2 Hours

• Domination 2+ Hours

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Cultural <1 Hour

• Cultural 1-2 Hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cultural 2+ Hours

• Conquest <1 Hour

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Conquest 1-2 Hours

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Conquest 2+ Hours

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Time <1 Hour

• Time 1-2 Hours

• Time 2+ Hours

• Diplomat <1 Hour

• Diplomat 1-2 Hours

• Diplomat 2+ Hours

• Total voters

Matthew5117

Emperor
Hey guys,

I was wondering what is your quickest time you have completed a civ game in. Please vote according to your win and time.

Also, the time variable depends on your game speed. So many if you play quick, the time is multiplied by four? As for normal, 3 and epic 2. Or are there better factors to multiply the time with (which I am sure of)?

BTW, are the time ranges too small?

Played a normal game on a duel map and beat up on the lovely Isabella. It was only the two of us. :mischief: This was my least satisifing game but it sits atop my hall of fame screen because the score was really high. (I won in like 300 A.D. or something. Cats and Swordsmen was all that was needed).

This is really odd for me, because my normal mode of game play is the Huge map and marathon speed. It's rather hard to play normal or quick when you're used to marathon.

I played a 6 hemisphere map as the Maori (civ gold), dual size, normal speed and won a conquest victory against someone (I think Nairobi). It took 52min. I don't think I ever even got to cats.

Ok, so the poll is really confusing and I don't know how I messed it up. Maybe this could be a trail and we could have a proper poll?

My fastest was duel conquest where both me and the AI had a landmass to ourselves separated until optics. Teched to tanks and then singlehandedly destroyed him with them, a fun game.

Took about four hours though. I am sloooooww... :)

I have won every victory condition except time in less than one hour as part of my attempt toward EQM status at immortal difficulty. Easiest on a tiny map, although I've won this way on standard also.....my usual games are around 3 hr...usually a little less unless I'm taking screen shots and reporting online at the same time.

OK, I am for sure going to have to start a new thread, this one is totally busted, makes no sense whatsoever.

Anyone care to give some time ranges?

OK, I am for sure going to have to start a new thread, this one is totally busted, makes no sense whatsoever.

Anyone care to give some time ranges?

Time ranges are OK, but try to qualify the map as being standard or something. Duel games on anything but deity are pretty walkover in terms of time played.

Also, time speed varies, like marathon or quick. I guess there are too many variables to put into account for a decent poll. +20 options is already a lot.

I just finished my fastest game ever... 1-2 hours on large ? or huge map on epic speed. It was the Earth 18 noble, and I was the Mongols. By 500 AD, I had an empire that stretched all the way to the middle east. Then, Russia and Mali offered vassilization due to my oversized army (about 40 Keshiks). Then I got some GMs in Delhi and send them to trade with Paris. I upgraded all of my Keshiks to knights, and swept over the Greek and Roman lands. I invaded and took Berlin, so Germany just vassalized to me, then I took Madrid. That was while I was bee-lining to cuirassiers (sp). I sailed to London and took 2 cities in England, and vassalized, then at astronomy, sailed to the Americas and literally ran over the Aztecs and Americans. I didnt stop to heal one bit. That was while I sent a few curiassiers to Huana and took 2 cities. Then I won.

There was so much capturing cities involved, that I could have 50% research, lose about 70 gpt, but still gain more gold each turn due to capturing cities. I took an Egyptian city with 2 holy shrines, so that fixed my "unable to stop capturing cities" economic issue.

Also, time speed varies, like marathon or quick. I guess there are too many variables to put into account for a decent poll. +20 options is already a lot.

You could just instead ask how long people usually take per game. It's a different question but one that people are more likely to have meaningful responses to. It's a bit strange because not many people play with speed in mind - it is a turn based game after all. I'm not even sure why the game records the time spent.

In fact, I'm almost completely convinced the game's recorded "time spent" is wrong anyway. I've had many games that have gone for probably 20 hours+ yet the game reports like 8 hours or so.

My quickest games have been less than 40 minutes, on duel maps in MP. Longest games have been epic/marathon speed on large/huge maps where games would take 20 hours minimum (I'm not a particularly fast player).

Top Bottom