Quill18 video May 25th

Really vrasnam. Diplomacy in Civ 4 was what religion did you go. Watching quill18's lets play every relation was determined by religion until the industrial era at least.

Apparently each leader in Civ 6 has their own agenda which is public. Cleopatra apparently values military power. They also have a random hidden agenda. You can find that out by gossip which is proto-espionage you get by having an embassy or trade route. There is also surprise or justified war. A justified war gives you less warmonger penalty. This sounds like part of the rising tide system. Each trait there gave something the AI valued including the unique ones.

Really vrasnam. Diplomacy in Civ 4 was what religion did you go. Watching quill18's lets play every relation was determined by religion until the industrial era at least.

Apparently each leader in Civ 6 has their own agenda which is public. Cleopatra apparently values military power. They also have a random hidden agenda. You can find that out by gossip which is proto-espionage you get by having an embassy or trade route. There is also surprise or justified war. A justified war gives you less warmonger penalty. This sounds like part of the rising tide system. Each trait there gave something the AI valued including the unique ones.

Agree. CivV diplo wasn't great but Four's was silly and really too exploitable.

Seems like this is a pretty difficult issue to tackle and I'm interested in seeing how they deal with it this time.

City state mechanic sounds great . Looks like quests are still on but the new mechanic makes it a lot less gamey

I like it's not just all about gold, I gotta admit that the Envoys seem to be a direct inspiration from City State Diplomacy mod.

Did you notice that the scout wasn't able to cross the river? I guess he needs ALL his movement points to do that?

Culture - Government system, is the really interesting part for me here. I was not really hyped for this yet another Firaxis product, but the little information Quill said about the culture and government system got me interested.

Another thing that struck me is that perhaps this version of Civ might not just be a stripped version, as there seems to be religion and espionage in the vanilla version.

Culture - Government system, is the really interesting part for me here. I was not really hyped for this yet another Firaxis product, but the little information Quill said about the culture and government system got me interested.

Another thing that struck me is that perhaps this version of Civ might not just be a stripped version, as there seems to be religion and espionage in the vanilla version.

Not to burst you're bubble but a lot of the BNW apart from World Congress has pretty much been confirmed to be in Civ 6.

Looks like a unit will require the full amount of movement points to move into a tile, not just >0 as in Civ5. There were a few instances where that was the case (and one odd one where a scout moved one tile, met America, then was left unable to enter the forest tile previously available). Edit: n/m, that instance followed the rules too.

Looks like a unit will require the full amount of movement points to move into a tile, not just >0 as in Civ5. There were a few instances where that was the case (and one odd one where a scout moved one tile, met America, then was left unable to enter the forest tile previously available).

Wasnt that similar in civ2, too?

My brain is melting with the new information overload, woa! There's so, so, so much promise in this game and its ideas that I can't even... well, some random musings:

- "Appealing" terrain as an aspect of tourism / happiness => AWESOME. Let me make not only powerful empires, but beautiful as well!
- AI's roleplaying and having agendas instead of being ham-fisted on a "play to win" mindset? => AWESOME
- Spyionage system mingled with trade routes => AWESOME
- City districts being something that your city builds is kinda... hmmm. I don't know, still not sold on that yet. More dettails and clarity on that regard would have been great.
- Two paralell "trees", one for techs, another one for social advancements => AWESOME, but it could be a little tad redundant. Will need to make these two "feel" utterly different in order to justify their "separation"
- "Expendable" builders for improvements => Could be too much exploitable, will need careful balance / experimentation

In short: AWESOME job Firaxis. Whereas Civ 5's initial information made me pessimist about the game, Civ 6 is shaping up to be truthly special with each new revealed information. I give this game 5 out of 5 "Ikael's peeing himself a little" in terms of hype. Can't wait! :D

Probably population limits per city and the buildings required to raise them? That and getting adequate food to feed your citizens whilst also balancing them with required districts. Those would be my guesses

Any limit to ICS?

One of the interviewers asked but somehow Ed never actually "answered it"

We know they removed global happiness, and that there is no more maintenance cost for buildings.

So something IS there for sure.

Looks like a unit will require the full amount of movement points to move into a tile, not just >0 as in Civ5. There were a few instances where that was the case (and one odd one where a scout moved one tile, met America, then was left unable to enter the forest tile previously available).

Ooh, that's a very welcome change, I hope it's true! Rivers would actually deter movement all the time instead of only sometimes, the same with other things. Perhaps this will affect disembarking onto land as well since we now have cliffs to deal with. Your embarked unit would need to possibly wait another turn to disembark onto land from a cliff; another nice natural defense for empires. (Perhaps these new cliffs are what triggered the rethinking of movement consumption on the map in the first place.)

Top Bottom