Quo's Combined Tweaks

Quo's Combined Tweaks v7.0.19 BETA

One extremely minor thing you may want to change before pushing to Steam--it still shows up as 3.09.4 in the mod list, instead of 3.09.5.

Ok the "issue" I thought existed in the code and that I was banging my head against a wall about turned out not to be an issue at all. Some of the code for the Improvements Patch that was pulled in was "conflicting" with the "real" Improvements Patch mod, which had downloaded itself automatically and turned itself on.

The Steam version of 3.09.6 is now officially live.

My next task will be updating all the various descriptions of the mod, which are now pretty out of date.

isau updated Quo's Combined Tweaks with a new update entry:

Quo Combined Tweaks v3.10.0 BETA

A couple of bug fixes and a few new abilities.

FYI, I made an attempt at rolling more of the Improvements Patch in, but most of it is still not rolled in. I'm having some issues with overlapping code. No ETA yet on when I can get it all married together.

New Stuff

Changes to Greece

• Pericles now receives a free Civic boost for every City State he is Suzerain of when he enters a new era.
  • The Acropolis district now provides a free city state envoy...

Read the rest of this update entry...

That buff to Pericles is, uh, wow. If you manage to get the Apadana, and go for a bunch of wonders in the capital, you could boost every civic in the game quite easily.

I just finished a game as Pericles (without the new beta), and by the time the cultural victory was secured in 1600 AD, I was the suzerain of every city-state on the map. And that was without the free token from Acropoli, or ambassador's suites.

isau
You can remove the restriction of building Apadana near the city center?
The building gives only 2 ambassadors, but it occupies an important place near the center of the city, where you can arrange some useful district.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I actually have no idea what Apadana does. I need to look into it.

I could look into putting a cap on the number of boosts Peri gets. Maybe at 2 or 3. I don't mind it being powerful. I personally struggle with staying Suzerain of even 1 city state at a time, which was my benchmark. But maybe there are meta strategies out there that make it much easier than I'm assuming.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I actually have no idea what Apadana does. I need to look into it.

I could look into putting a cap on the number of boosts Peri gets. Maybe at 2 or 3. I don't mind it being powerful. I personally struggle with staying Suzerain of even 1 city state at a time, which was my benchmark. But maybe there are meta strategies out there that make it much easier than I'm assuming.

The Apadana is restricted to a hex next to your capital. It gives +2 envoys (on top of the envoy your mod gives for all wonders), plus 2 envoys for every subsequent wonder built in your capital (again, on top of your bonus envoy). So 3 envoys for every wonder built in the capital; add that to the bonus towards envoys during peacetime, and Pericles could completely dominated all city-states.

Capping at 2 or 3 would be very reasonable. An alternative would be, if possible, a lump sum of X yield (depending on the city state) with every new age, scaling for age, the way a lot lump sum yields scale in Vox Populi.

The Apadana is restricted to a hex next to your capital. It gives +2 envoys (on top of the envoy your mod gives for all wonders), plus 2 envoys for every subsequent wonder built in your capital (again, on top of your bonus envoy). So 3 envoys for every wonder built in the capital; add that to the bonus towards envoys during peacetime, and Pericles could completely dominated all city-states.

Capping at 2 or 3 would be very reasonable. An alternative would be, if possible, a lump sum of X yield (depending on the city state) with every new age, scaling for age, the way a lot lump sum yields scale in Vox Populi.

Thanks for explaining. Looking at the rules, what I propose is the following change:
  • Currently: When you enter a new Era, receive an Inspiration for each City State you are Suzerain of.
  • Revised: When you enter a new Era, receive an Inspiration if you are Suzerain of at least one City State. Receive an additional Inspiration if you are Suzerain of at least 3 city states.

I think that is the fairest reward structure.

Having an issue with the newest beta: Playing as England, and I am not getting the option to build the Royal Navy Dockyard. I've discoved Celestial Navagation (and Shipbuilding, for good measure), and it just isn't appearing as an option to build. Normal harbors are there (and are at a significant discount), and can be built; the cities that build normal harbors can not build the Dockyard either.

The other new aspect of England--free melee unit in coastal cities--is working fine, and let me kick Montezuma's ass (for once).

I never played as England is previous builds, so I am uncertain if this is a carryover effect or not.

Other mods include the official DLC, CQUI, Reformation Victories, Sukitract's Mt. Fuji and Tonle Sap, as well as his Historicity++ and Civ Selection Screen and Unique District Icons, Tomatekh's Historical Religions, Better Civ Icons, and Real Great People.

Having an issue with the newest beta: Playing as England, and I am not getting the option to build the Royal Navy Dockyard. I've discoved Celestial Navagation (and Shipbuilding, for good measure), and it just isn't appearing as an option to build. Normal harbors are there (and are at a significant discount), and can be built; the cities that build normal harbors can not build the Dockyard either.

The other new aspect of England--free melee unit in coastal cities--is working fine, and let me kick Montezuma's ass (for once).

I never played as England is previous builds, so I am uncertain if this is a carryover effect or not.

Other mods include the official DLC, CQUI, Reformation Victories, Sukitract's Mt. Fuji and Tonle Sap, as well as his Historicity++ and Civ Selection Screen and Unique District Icons, Tomatekh's Historical Religions, Better Civ Icons, and Real Great People.

Thanks for the report. I'll look into it. The RNDY recently got a tweak from Firaxis and is a popular target for mods, so it may be one of those things. Will investigate.

I can't seem to start a game with this mod enabled on Mac. It's the only mod enabled to be sure.

Getting a consistent freeze at the start of my turn, on turn 182. Playing as Sumeria, with the same mods as those listed above in the RNDY post. It appears that the only things of note to happen at the start of the turn are the production of a settler, and the discovery of Metal Casting. Maybe the clock runs out on my levied military from Hattusa; no way to tell unfortunately. Regardless, I can't imagine any of those things would be the culprit.

Getting a consistent freeze at the start of my turn, on turn 182. Playing as Sumeria, with the same mods as those listed above in the RNDY post. It appears that the only things of note to happen at the start of the turn are the production of a settler, and the discovery of Metal Casting. Maybe the clock runs out on my levied military from Hattusa; no way to tell unfortunately. Regardless, I can't imagine any of those things would be the culprit.

Sorry about that. On a whim, trying changing the Scripts\Quo_GameLaunch.lua file to something else. That should disable it from running. I doubt it will fix it, but if it happens to, please let me know.

Top Bottom