Quo's Combined Tweaks

Quo's Combined Tweaks v7.0.19 BETA

I don't see any code regarding the improved regional buildings in the uploaded version.

Thanks for pointing this out. It looks like somehow instead of posting v1.7 I reposted v1.6. The Egypt/China/Sumeria changes are missing as well. I'm about to correct that. Thanks for the heads up.

Hello. Thank you very much for mod!
I'll write some ideas for future work.
1. Increase the threshold pumping barbarians (More Barbarian Xp)
The ability to pump units to the 2nd or 3rd level.
2. Reduce Eureka Boost.
Set to 25 or 30%. For China - 35%.
3. Growth of occupied cities now set to 50% of normal rate rather than 0%.
4. Why not open the borders for the scouts? It would be a great opportunity to explore the map.

Also, the swordsman bump makes it equal to Rome's legion. The legion should be buffed.

Encampment - No longer has prereqs. Note that since the Palace is a walled structure, building an Encampment in your capital will allow you to fire it.

Am I just being thick? What do you mean "allow you to fire it?"

I came to figure out why you would require an encampment before I was allowed to build walls to defend my cities only to discover that the palace is walled. But what about my other cities? So an encampment is now required for my non-capital cities before I can have walls around them? I am not a warring player. I even turn off domination victories which cuts down on a lot of aggression, but there is still war in my games, and sometimes some AI gets a hair up their butt and DoW on me, so I have to defend. But overall, I like your mod quite a lot, thank you.

Am I just being thick? What do you mean "allow you to fire it?"

I came to figure out why you would require an encampment before I was allowed to build walls to defend my cities only to discover that the palace is walled. But what about my other cities? So an encampment is now required for my non-capital cities before I can have walls around them? I am not a warring player. I even turn off domination victories which cuts down on a lot of aggression, but there is still war in my games, and sometimes some AI gets a hair up their butt and DoW on me, so I have to defend. But overall, I like your mod quite a lot, thank you.

Yes that it is how it works. It was built this was to create variability in the defense capability of cities.

- The Palace provides wall-like defenses. Thus, capital cities start the game able to fire attacks.
- If you build an Encampment in the capital, that Encampment will also be able to fire attacks, due to the ability of the Palace to do so

The actual "Walls" building still exists. That building is now built in the Encampment instead of the City Center. City Centers being more vulnerable is intentional to try to goad the AI into capturing more of them. If the AI was able to attack city centers more reliably I probably wouldnt have included this, but as it is even on the hardest difficulties I find them still extremely inept.

I made need to take a closer look at Walls to make sure they're working as intended. It's a bit hard to test without actual mod tools out. If there's a lot of people who feel the Walls requiring Encampments change is not fun or is not working as intended, I can be persuaded to remove it.

isau updated Quo's Combined Tweaks with a new update entry:

Quo's Combined Tweaks v1.8

A few additional tweaks have been added in this latest update.

No Longer Receive Free Envoy when First to Meet a City State
  • I had long been looking to disable this game feature and finally figured out (maybe I'm slow, I figure other modders already have done it :) ). Regardless, you will no longer receive free envoys just for stumbling over city states, because this gave huge advantages to players who encountered Science or Culture city states early.

Improved...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey guys, heads up that Arabia's cheaper buildings that I just added may not actually work. I forgot when I tested it that I was in Online speed, which lowers building costs by half. I missed that the modifier doesn't seem to be applying, even tho it is showing up in the database and should otherwise work. Apologies because I should have caught this. Unfortunately I'm not sure if it's fixable with the current SDK, because it appears to be an issue with the game ignoring build cost modifiers applied directly to leaders/civs outside of a social policy. It's frustrating because I know that Spain's cheaper Holy District does work, and the only real difference as far as I can tell is a district versus buildings.

I'll try to address this in a future update.

Quo's Combined Tweaks v2.0 (New Years Day Update)

I'm excited to be able to share a fairly major update to the mod that will hopefully help with some of the split opinions about design decisions. There are enough changes that I'm upping a version number and calling this "v2.0." Here's the goods:

New Rulesets
This mod now supports three different sets of game rules:

• Standard - This is basically the mod the way you've been playing it up to this point.
  • Civ Changes Only - Under this ruleset, the only edits...

Bleh I just found a bug in Catherine's early spy unlock. There's a line missing that got cut accidentally when I added culture bombs to the Chateau. I'll put it back in next patch.

Quo's Combined Tweaks v2.1

This new release brings some new features and a handful of bug fixes.

Feature list:

Culture Bombing Wonders
  • All World Wonders now perform a culture bomb once they are completed.
  • If you are Poland, this will also pass your religion to the culture bombed civ.
  • If you see someone building a wonder near your borders, act fast! You've been warned.

Updated Siege Mechanics
  • Siege units can now move and fire on the same turn
  • To compensate, siege...

Will the rulesets clash with TCS's Omnibus rulesets??

I'm not sure. If I had to guess, I would say the two mods likely don't work together, because both of them operate on the core "rules" level.

It is possible there are fewer conflicts when Quo's Combined Tweaks is run with the Leader Buffs Only ruleset (selected on the Advanced Options screen), which will enable the changes to leaders only, without the other game rules. But I also can't guarantee that will work either.

What I can tell you is I anticipated clashes between mods somewhat on a text display level. Most of the text edits in this mod append rather than replace the text string. So if someone modded a building, and I also modded it, you will at least get a text comment in the building description telling you what my mod tried to do.

Thanks, I'll stick with your previous version for now then, it seems to be working with the Omnibus mod.

If previous versions were working, then probably the most recent ones will as well. The only time you can kind of run into problems tends to be with stuff like updates to the yields of certain tiles, e.g. the update that was made to fish. That's because some of the tables have constraints on how many unique pairs they can have, and if two of us modders both try to insert the same data into them, one or the other mod fails to do the insert. What the games does in that situation I'm not entirely sure.

Most of the newer stuff I've recently added doesn't overlap with those tables, so you can try it, but it will always be a "play at your risk" scenario.

Quo's Combined Tweaks v2.2

This update brings a few new civ abilities and some fine tweaking to some numbers, particularly in the Hardcore Ruleset.

Changes to England
  • Victoria now receives a free melee unit when she settles any city on the coast, even if it is on her starting continent
  • The Royal Navy Dockyard is no longer a replacement for the Harbor, but rather an additional district that you can place on the water. The Dockyard no longer provides a trade route, but it does provide...

Top Bottom