Quo's Combined Tweaks

Quo's Combined Tweaks v7.0.19 BETA

ok, got it
after several tries and error, I figured out the errors were pointing towards DLC-enabled civ. So, to make a long story short, in my case, it's now fixed having Nubia and Aztecs DLCs enabled.

same here. Version 3.14.2, all mods disabled.
Which, btw is very frustrating as I believe this mod to be a HUGE improvement on the gameplay (and I sincerely thank you for that)
Log :
[2840165.376] [Localization]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2840165.398] [Localization]: Passed Validation.
[2840165.732] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2840165.732] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
[2840177.361] [FullTextSearch]: Initializing FullTextSearch
[2840182.029] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2840182.073] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.
[2840184.054] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2840184.055] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
[2840207.368] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[2840210.544] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[2840276.806] [Gameplay] ERROR: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed
[2840276.806] [Gameplay] ERROR: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed
[2840276.806] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2840276.808] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on BuildingModifiers.BuildingType - "QUO_BUILDING_TEMPLO_MAYOR" does not exist in Buildings
[2840276.820] [Gameplay]: Failed Validation.
[2840276.861] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2840276.877] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.
[2840278.539] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[2840278.700] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2840278.701] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.

This is something I thought I fixed, but make sure that the Montezuma DLC is enabled (it shouldnt have to be, but I may have made an error). If its enabled and still crashing let me know.

isau updated Quo's Combined Tweaks with a new update entry:

Quo's Combined Tweaks CivFanatics Edition, v3.13.3 BETA

Just bug fixes this time to try to close off issues for people who do not have various DLCs installed and are unable to run the mod:
  • Hopefully fixed a bug with the Aztec DLC turned off causing a crash to menu when starting the game
  • Hopefully fixed a bug with Nubia DKC turned off causing a crash to menu when starting the game

Read the rest of this update entry...

ok, got it
after several tries and error, I figured out the errors were pointing towards DLC-enabled civ. So, to make a long story short, in my case, it's now fixed having Nubia and Aztecs DLCs enabled.

Thanks for this bug report. You just helped me track down a particularly difficult to track bug due to a one-line typo I made. The mod was crashing if you had Persia/Macedon turned on while Nubia was turned off at the same time. Thats why it took so long for me to track down. Should be fixed now in the most recent release. Please report any other issues you encounter (ideally with log info and/or screenshots).

AI is too friendly. Isau, I am not sure if this is related to your friendship perks (or even the mod, I am still trying to test). The AI no longer declares war, and very civ makes friends with everyone else. I am playing on the Yet another Euro map, with all of the civs available for that map, and even 100+ turns into the game, not a single DOW on me. Usually, the AI would hit me as soon as they could joint war; and I'd be at war with someone for the entire game almost. Now, nothing.

Hi Isau. Really love your mod. I'm wondering if you're able to incorporate some ideas from Gedemon's mod Combat and Stacking Overhaul.

Can you make ranged/siege units stackable with melee units? And reduce range of archers, crossbowman 1 instead of 2?

Every time I load a game, three Quo's mod related Pop-Up Screens (game rules and MyOptions settings) are displayed, which is annoying :/
It's fine if they are displayed once, prior starting new game.

Hi Isau. Really love your mod. I'm wondering if you're able to incorporate some ideas from Gedemon's mod Combat and Stacking Overhaul.

Can you make ranged/siege units stackable with melee units? And reduce range of archers, crossbowman 1 instead of 2?

I would support this, too! :king:

AI is too friendly. Isau, I am not sure if this is related to your friendship perks (or even the mod, I am still trying to test). The AI no longer declares war, and very civ makes friends with everyone else. I am playing on the Yet another Euro map, with all of the civs available for that map, and even 100+ turns into the game, not a single DOW on me. Usually, the AI would hit me as soon as they could joint war; and I'd be at war with someone for the entire game almost. Now, nothing.

Unfortunately this seems to be a Firaxis thing. One part of this mod is that it does calm down some of the wilder AI agendas in a segment devoted to "anti-tantrums" because of how hostile they were in previous patches. Now that they're so friendly I'm wondering if I don't need to find some way to make them more aggressive. Unfortunately this is partly related to a bit of silliness in how the AI is theorized. They tend to be very deterministic in their friending and warring. Smarter AI, IMO, should identify 2 or 3 other players they want to please, and be willing to tell the rest to buzz off. There is no way to make this a reality without access to the DLL code sadly, and Firaxis has given no indication that they will do it.

On the other hand, there are already mods out there that change how the AI acts, so I may decide not to do any changes and allow those mods to handle all of that, in order to maintain compatibility. To the degree possible I like to try to maintain comptability with mods that add new stuff, adjust AI, adjust UI, etc, which is why you don't see much of that in this mod, just tweaks to basic game rules that hopefully don't interfere too much with other things players want to install.

Every time I load a game, three Quo's mod related Pop-Up Screens (game rules and MyOptions settings) are displayed, which is annoying :/
It's fine if they are displayed once, prior starting new game.

I can look into it. I'm not certain why it's suddenly popping up every reload of a save now instead of just on turn 1. I recently commented out some of the old code to make the third pop-up work and doing that may have somehow changed how it works.

I can think about it. Gedemon's stuff is pretty advanced and anything I did that borrowed from his code I'd want full permission to use. As I understand it, he has a broader vision of how to make it work. I suppose I could consider adding a MyOption that basically shuts off all of my own settings that relate to this and allow his to overrule, but I'd have to look at how his mod works in a great degree of detail.

Trying to get an idea as to the source of the perma-friendship phenomenon they introduced in this last update...

In DiplomaticStateActions, there are 'worth' and 'cost' values associated with DIPLOACTION_DECLARE_FRIENDSHIP. There's also 'AIAllowed', which is missing from the friendly state. For example...

Code:
StateType="DIPLO_STATE_FRIENDLY" DiplomaticActionType="DIPLOACTION_DECLARE_FRIENDSHIP" Worth="15" Cost="0"/>

StateType="DIPLO_STATE_NEUTRAL" DiplomaticActionType="DIPLOACTION_DECLARE_FRIENDSHIP" Worth="-10" Cost="10" AiAllowed="false"/>

StateType="DIPLO_STATE_UNFRIENDLY" DiplomaticActionType="DIPLOACTION_DECLARE_FRIENDSHIP" Worth="-40" Cost="30" AiAllowed="false"/>

Does anyone have a copy of the pre-patch DiplomaticActions.xml? I forgot to back up before applying the update, and I'd like to run a diff. It may be that they made a code-side, formulaic change (and this is irrelevant), but I'd like to look at the changes here.

For that matter, is anyone keeping a Git repository that tracks changes to gameplay data files? I know there's one for the UI maintained by CQUI.

here's the pre summer patch diplomaticactions.xml

On quick inspection, there are no changes to the items I mentioned in DiplomaticStateActions. There are, however, differences in DiplomaticStateTransitions concerning friendship allowance. Still guessing at how this all works... @isau, you probably have a better idea.

In the mod, with the cascading friendships introduced in this patch, there can be far too many friendship bonuses active on a regular basis. The result is that everyone ends up building everyone else's UBs all over the place (and such). It's actually interesting to watch, but probably needs to be addressed.

Thanks for posting the older version. I just did a comparison and of the two side by side and I think heinous_hat is right. If we are lucky, changing the values in this section may fix the issue. I screenshotted the area I think the problem is coming from. Making a decision about how to approach.

upload_2017-8-4_19-30-43.png

Being more explicit, what I think I may need to correct for the developers is:
  • The transition from "Friendly" to "Declared Friend" seems to be possible with just 5 points, where before the min was 15. Changing it back to 15 may fix the issue.

There may be more to it than that though. I have not messed with this segment of code before. I assume BaseState is the current state and TransitionState is the state to transition to, altho they could be the reverse.

FYI I looked at this some more and am now almost sure the current bug may be due to a Firaxis mistake here:

Code:
<Row BaseState="DIPLO_STATE_NEUTRAL" TransitionState="DIPLO_STATE_FRIENDLY" RequireTransitionMax="15" AllowTransitionMin="-5"/>
<Row BaseState="DIPLO_STATE_NEUTRAL" TransitionState="DIPLO_STATE_UNFRIENDLY" RequireTransitionMin="-15" AllowTransitionMax="5"/>

I could misunderstand what those lines do, but based on how the other rules are set up I think the first one allows a AI civ to transition from Neutral to Friendly even if the AI has a -5 relationship with the target. That almost seems like a typo and its possible the the -5 is supposed to be +5 (it was 0 prior to the Summer patch). The reverse is true on the next line. It seems to make it possible to jump from Neutral to Unfriendly even if you have a +5 relationship with the target, which would make more sense to me if it was -5.

Gonna try out some test code and see if its possible to make life better for people.

Yeah, it's tedious without being able to see the underlying logic. My inclination would be to assign some extreme values to gauge the nature of each variable.

In my games thus far (mostly epic or marathon pace) diplomacy starts out reasonably diverse, but then gravitates towards global friendship. Need more games to see whether that breaks often enough under the right circumstances, or just stays there. What I've not seen is a lot of (if any?) AI vs AI war declarations, which is a sign that it eventually paints itself into a numerical corner.

isau updated Quo's Combined Tweaks with a new update entry:

Quo's Combined Tweaks CivFanatics Edition v3.13.4 BETA

This small update attempts to correct a possible bug on Firaxis' part that is resulting in civs being too ready to move from neutral to friendly and to formally declare friendships.
  • Changed min threshold for a Civ to declare friendship to 15 (up from 5)
  • Changed min threshold for a Civ to flip from neutral to friendly to 5 (up from -5)

This has not been extensively tested but seems to produce much more precarious relationships than before. There is no MyOption at...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom