Quot Capita: Majesty

Meant to ask. How's your mod handle later era starts?
I've cleared 3 of my 5 saved games finally, only have my C2C and RAND2 game left. So your new update is looking decidedly tasty :D

Meant to ask. How's your mod handle later era starts?
I've cleared 3 of my 5 saved games finally, only have my C2C and RAND2 game left. So your new update is looking decidedly tasty :D

Pretty well actually. Should have some fun if you take this option.

As for multiplayer czechball, that isn't possible.

Sorry for late responses.

Hi! im having a small issue with the new version of the mod, its taking way too much time to load, this new version is taking me almost twice the time the last version took, i have counted up to 30 minutes, so, as an addition, looking at the task manager, the game even when loading is not using almost no resources are used, when loading is using very small ram and cpu numbers, what i think is the one causing this super slow loading times, and i dont know if there is a way to change this so it uses more resources, appart from this, i also find big maps to load in black as well, only in this new version, the old version of quot capita loads just fine and with no issue, this last one cannot load the world map without showing all black tiles, and also crashes when trying to return to the menu.
Any idea on how to solve this?

Hi! im having a small issue with the new version of the mod, its taking way too much time to load, this new version is taking me almost twice the time the last version took, i have counted up to 30 minutes, so, as an addition, looking at the task manager, the game even when loading is not using almost no resources are used, when loading is using very small ram and cpu numbers, what i think is the one causing this super slow loading times, and i dont know if there is a way to change this so it uses more resources, appart from this,
It is due to the unpacked graphics. Those load very slowly and it was like that ever since I know this mod.

Hmmmm, thats interesting, the last version of the mod didnt took that much, as it took around 15 minutes, while this new version is taking up to 40, the difference is abysmal, and im not sure that could be all, as the black tiles in the earth map would be related? or is there another way to fix that?

Hmmmm, thats interesting, the last version of the mod didnt took that much, as it took around 15 minutes,
Sorry, I meant that even 15 minutes are too long. Most mods take only a few minutes to load.

Shouldn't take that long to load. 20 minutes at max. As for fixing this, I tried using the packing option, but that caused the black tiles and I had to remove some things to try and prevent the black tiles in the current version. If anyone has any ideas on fixing these issues I'm game.

The long load times are caused by the added civilizations, which are in modular format.

Last edited:
Tried FPKing the units and buildings, speeded up loading quite abit, problem was that many graphics showed up as pink blobs.

Maybe I'm not FPKing correctly. Any help here would be appreciated. I agree that people(and me) deserve a faster loadtime.

I saved this instruction next to pakbuild.exe and always check it not to make errors.
On Pakbuild, do the following:

1) Put your entire "ART" folder in an EMPTY folder (with nothing else in it but the "ART" folder from your mod). This is VERY important (or you'll be FPKing a lot of stuff you don't want to).

2) Open-up PakBuild... select from pull-down menu:
File
New...

3) Browse for the folder where you put your ART folder.

4) You should just see the "ART" folder in the "Raw Files" large window on the left half of PakBuild.

5) Select the "New PAK File" button in the middle

6) You should see a large empty "Packed Files" window on the right now... select the "Rename" button... name it whatever you want (like I use "Wolfshanze.FPK").

7) Just below the "Packed Files" window select "Store Full Paths" (and only that button... don't select anything else!).

8) From the pull-down menu up-top, select "PAK", then select "BUILD".

9) You're basically done... sit back and relax... if it's a small build, it could take only a few seconds, if it's HUGE (like 300 megs or so), it could take several minutes... you are DONE packing when the "Packed Files" window changes from blank to having a bunch of files listed there. Like I said, this might take a few minutes, all depends on the size of your project.

That's it... if that doesn't spell it out for you, you're missing out on something.

It worked for me every time when I followed it precisely.
Good luck! :)

Excellent mod, thank you for continuing to update it :)

One tiny issue: I'm playing as the Philippines but there's a slight mismatch in the Christianity buildings override and the Christian Missionary override. I notice that while the Christian building chain is overridden for the Philippines to match the Native/Latin/South-American colonial Christian buildings (Aztec, Brazil, etc). However, while there's also a matching override for the Christian Missionary to match the building chain override, the Philippines does not have that override for their missionary. This means that the Philippines only has access to the generic Christian missionary, which can never be built (except with civics that allow missionaries without monasteries) as the Philippines cannot build the generic Christian monastery.

I've also been unable to build some of the shrines (seems like if a city has multiple founded religions, you can only build one shrine in it, at least that's the logic I'm going off of as I'm able to build shrines in different cities but not in the one city that has three founded religions) and I'm unable to found the Knights Hospitaller despite possessing the correct religion, technology, and at least one of the required resources (clams).

No rush on the fixes, was going to toy with updating the XML myself, but I figured you should know. Thanks again for all your work on the mod, it's a real pleasure to play :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Top Bottom