1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quot Capita: Majesty

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Sword_Of_Geddon, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

I understood what you mean ;)
    I just wanted a list of those groups :)

Starting with the idea of the Amazonian group which I imagine as this way:
    • Forest Farm (may need a better name)
      • unique improvement
      • built on forest and jungle
      • +1:food:
    • -1:food: from Farms

Asian group:
    • Terrace Farm (may need a better name)
      • unique improvement
      • built on hills with fresh water access
      • +1:food:
    • -1:food: from Farms

North-American Indians:
    • +1:food: on flat tiles with no improvements on them

2. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

Some good ideas there Zeta. :)

I should add that having culture group specific UUs or Buildings is possible too.

Already I have the Mesoamerican group build Ball Courts instead of Coliseums, with the Mayans getting a new UB.

3. Sword_Of_Geddon

Currently my mod probably has the most playable civs out of any mod, which I have tried to make as unique as possible. There is still much work to be done. Other than a few other civilizations I'm eyeing for possibly inclusion, graphical improvements, such as with India's early citysets, I would like to work on my culture group concept.

4. tantanmen

tantanmen Chieftain

Hey Sword_Of_Geddon,

I'm really enjoying these new civs, especially the native civs of the Americas.

Also, excellent unit artwork @Spillsandstains
    :goodjob:

5. Sword_Of_Geddon

Thankyou Spills did a great job and I'm deeply appreciate his help. I'm glad you like the mod which civs have you tried?

6. tantanmen

tantanmen Chieftain

Hey Sword of G. So it wasn't terribly original on my part but I took Huayna Capac on a goodsize map and loaded it with 15 indigenous civs of Central and South America.

I don't know if you've remixed the soundtrack since the last Majesty release, but when the map was ready, that musical score instantly transported me. E-P-I-C. I could feel the full sweep of destiny for the Children of the Sun.
    :worship:

7. Sword_Of_Geddon

I did change up things alittle. Still working on the mod, I have some new civs:

-Chinook
    -Salish
    -Tlingit
    -Tahiti
    -Nan Madol
    -Cree
    -Shoshone
    -Chichimec

A few more natives, Pacific Northwest has been fleshed out with new flavor units and a new region wide mechanic. Polynesia gets two more civs, Nan Madol and Tahiti, and I have the Cree, Shoshone and Chichimec.

Any more changes/additions I'll post later.

Glad your enjoying the mod Tantanmen. I like to do that too, play a map with civs from the same relative area. Its fun that way!.

8. MalayanGamer

MalayanGamer Warlord

@Sword_Of_Geddon I think put your assets files of your mod-pack to pak files so it could run easier.

9. DeepWell

DeepWell Chieftain

I've also been thinking that shorter opening loading time for the mod would make it more playable. 16mins is tolerable for me and I might find a way around of even longer time. Otherwise the mod runs smoothly. I don't know what makes the opening time so long but if it's the number of civs then I could easily sacrifice many of them for shorter loading time.

I would like to ask if the AI has been reworked in this mod and how? I didn't notice any mention about it in the features list.

Moreover I want to say that this mod is in many aspects a strategy gaming dream for me. I love the relative simplicity, adventure and polishing. When I first time built a spearman (with obsidian) it was epic! :D

10. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Unpacked graphics.

11. Sword_Of_Geddon

The mod has memory problems and the black tiles error with paking.

12. Sword_Of_Geddon

AI is the same, I have not touched it, its based on the Better Bug AI, from Avain's old mod. I wanted an Empire Earth inspired mod, with historic gaps in units filled in that were not in the old game, so you have all these new eras too, Prehistoric, Stone, Enlightenment, Atomic, Synthetic and Stellar(Solar System colonization). Last era I need to flesh out more.