1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

R.E.D. modpack

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by Gedemon, Sep 25, 2010.

1. PAVLOS_GR300

PAVLOS_GR300 Greek

which one is better ,the red modpack, or the unofficial red modpack?everybody thought that this mod is dead so the unofficial one is created, but now it is back, so which one has more stuff in it?and is there any chance u make this 2 mods 1?

2. 3335d

3335d CCtP Player

Could you please make v12 and all future versions available as .zip files on CivFanatics? Having it work on the Steam Workshop only cuts out support for us Mac users.

3. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Super Moderator

I'll do it when I'm back from my vacation (around 7-8 July), if the Mac users still have no access the workshop. Until then, sorry, I've only 2 days to try to update my main mods to G&K, and I'm not even sure to have v.13 out before leaving... Until then, Nutty version or v.11 should work.

4. Prkl8r

Prkl8r Chieftain

Is there a way to use this in multiplayer?

5. Gedemon

Mods are not usable in MP. You can in hotseat, using the Custom Setup Screen I've made.

New version on Steam Workshop:

v.13 (Jun 21, 2012):
    - Added compatibility/resize for Gods and Kings
    - tweak the elite phalanx formation

6. PR0927

PR0927 Warlord

Does this have ethnic units and all for the G&K civilizations? If so - that was fast!

7. Gedemon

not yet, just the resizing here, so it can be played with all civs without giants...

8. PR0927

PR0927 Warlord

Ah, O.K., thought as much.

9. PAVLOS_GR300

PAVLOS_GR300 Greek

gedemon, urs mod includs more or less unique units than nutty's unofficial

10. Gedemon

question is irrelevant until Nutty chose how he will update ED for civ5 new patch and G&K...

could be a full stand-alone pack, or small components requiring RED, but adding different scale and extra units.

11. Gedemon

I've uploaded v.12 here: http://www.mediafire.com/?qbqjvg7ou0dg9o9

Can you test it on Mac please ?

12. abzanin

abzanin Chieftain

13. rp03ev

rp03ev Chieftain

where can i download new version for GK? steam freezes up my comp.....any chance you can upload it to mediafire like the previous version? thnx.

is v.13 available in zip file?

14. Megalamon121

Megalamon121 The Eternally Unknowing

Is V.13 compatible with CiVUP (Unofficial Patch+Vanilla Enhanced)?

15. iloveciv5

iloveciv5 bluesolid100

Can someone or anyone post the link for v13 in a .zip file? Someone posted a download for the Yet (Not) Another Earth Maps Pack on that thread. :thanx:

16. Gedemon

I'm ok for mirror posting while I can't do it because I'm not home, but I'd like the poster to be able to keep control of those files: for example, after updating, I don't want to have bug report from a v.13 downloaded from a torrent if v.14 or v.15 is out and have fixed the bug...

17. Megalamon121

I actually tried the latest updates of both together, and it did load up. Unfortunately, the building tooltips were broken and the units weren't ethnic anyways.

Note- Not sure yet if the problem is due to incompatible mods or just VEM itself having trouble with CiV-

18. Gedemon

I'll have to try it when back home, the computer I have here can't handle civ5 well (only 1gb RAM).

R.E.D. was made to be loaded after CiVUP/VEM, and I was away when Thal's have released G&K version of his mod and if he has split it in CiVUP on one side and VEM on the other, I'll have to check which one has kept the old ID, and update R.E.D. to be sure that it's loaded after both.

About the incompatibility itself (if confirmed), no ethnic units I can understand, but broken building tooltips should not be related.

19. Megalamon121

Yeah, no worries. I looked into the building tooltips thing. It's a bug in CiVUP, one they're working on now.

-Also, using VEM/CiVUP with RED, can confirm the ethnic units aren't working. The ethnic units don't even show in the 'pedia. However, the scale and formations seem to be fine. The problem would seem to be in the art files then?

20. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

Gedemon did your game update via steam? Mine just did. I have the log in a GnK forum thread. Expansion units xml files have been updated. Everything has been updated. Take a look here.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=467112

Sorry for being OT, but your the only person on here who seems to be awake.