R.E.D. modpack

I get Crash when I combine Red with gigantic size Ynaemp Earth map...
as far as noticed is my Pc low performance causing this.
But what Im wondering if anyhow could I make the modpack Lighter by erasing some units...?!

Gedemon, can you update this mod so it uses the Kirov Class Battlecruiser, the Udaloy Class Destroyer, and the Arleigh Burke Class Destroyer?
+1
It has been a while since an update.:mischief:

Knowing Gedemon's philosophy, the problem with the requested updates are that they don't match the era of the other models. In the case of Destroyers, the bulk of the models available are from danrell's WWII pack. For this reason, the default Destroyer has been changed to WWII-era as well. Until there is a larger selection of newer Destroyers, it's tough to stay consistent and still provide variety.

Similarly, the Kirov is a very different beast than the default Ticonderoga missile cruiser (being a nuclear-powered behemoth that in appearance would be confused with a battleship).

These are my proposed changes for v.28:
  • add Wolfdog's conversion of KrugerPritz's A129 Mangusta (helicopter gunship) for Rome
  • add Wolfdog's conversion of KrugerPritz and Nikko's Dardo IFV (mechanized infantry) for Rome
  • add Wolfdog's conversion of dutchking's ML-20 Howitzer (artillery) for Russia
  • add Wolfdog's conversion of Snafusmith's Los Angeles class nuclear submarine for America
  • add Wolfdog's conversion of Refar's Astute class nuclear submarine for England
  • add Wolfdog's conversion of TheCoyote's Akula class nuclear submarine for Russia

I also thought the firebrand preacher from Colonization might be fun as an alternative to the missionary for a few civs (say, America, Denmark, England, Germany, Sweden, and maybe Zulu), but I think they'd be showing up too early in the game for their attire to work.

There are actually more units avalible for update:
  • Wolfdog's Napoleonic Era Cannon for France
  • Patum333's Netherlands Archer (Composite Bowman?) for Netherlands
  • bernie14's Longswordsmen for Portugal and Venice
  • Wolfdog's Gagonite's Arquebusier (Musketman) for Central European Civs
  • Snafusmith's P-40 Warhawk (fighter) for Brazil
  • Wolfdog's KrugerPritz and Nikko's Ariete MBT (Modern Armor) for Rome (Russia has T-90 from 1992 so this tank from 1995 is not very futuristic for this mod)
And there was my crazy suggestion to give Assyria danrell's Kingdom of Jerusalem units for representation of Levantine christians.

Can someone give me what I need for just regular RED MODPACK the link to downlaod for it to work with brave new world? I have the latest update for civ v

Guys, Gedemon hasn't been seen on these forums since November 24th. I don't expect an update to any of his mods anytime soon. For YnAEMP, I believe whoward69 attached a file which fixes the 43 civilization DLL problem after the fall patch - that's the only update that's happened.

Ok guys so Im trying to manually install the red modpack because I dont have it through steam and when i go to mod browser it wont open! So I download it and it says put in MODS foldeer by i DONt have a mods folder! Can someone tell me a proper way of like putting those files at the right places please?

Ok guys so Im trying to manually install the red modpack because I dont have it through steam and when i go to mod browser it wont open! So I download it and it says put in MODS foldeer by i DONt have a mods folder! Can someone tell me a proper way of like putting those files at the right places please?

Are you looking for the MODS folder via your My Documents? Or via the steam install folder? You need to look for it in your MyDocs not the actual application installation folder.

If you don't have it under MyDocuments you'll need to create it manually.

the tester is used to debugging, it allows to spawn every kind of units for every civilization on a map, and log each spawn so that I can quickly test if a model is making my computer crash.

it's used with the live tuner
TestPlayerUnits(iPlayer) will spawn all units for a player, using TestPlayerUnits() without iPlayer spawn all units for the first player, and next call to TestPlayerUnits automatically spawn the units of the next player.

no update planned in the near future, I'm still struggling to find an user-friendly way to convert my mods for MP use. (The MP Mod Manager is a good idea, I'll follow it's development)

Right now I've managed to launch R.E.D outside the mod menu, in a MP test game with a single human, but it's not in a format I can share, as it's a direct conversion of some of the table from the DB from my installation, maybe not a copyright issues, as the texts, arts, etc... are not there, but it would certainly cause crashes on computers that does not have the same DLC installed than on mine. And it require to overwrite some core files, but I'm afraid that this part will be unavoidable, hence the need of an installer.

Gedemon, I have a question. Would a non-Brave New World R.E.D. mod affect a Brave New World Game much? I've noticed that using R.E.D. sometimes causes crashes, so I've stopped using it until an update comes.

what do you mean by "non-Brave New World R.E.D." ?

Okay, my bad, I didn't think R.E.D. was updated for Brave New World. I was getting crashes with it and thought it wasn't updated for the expansion.

It has been, which doesn't mean that it can't cause crash.

When it does, if it's reproducible with a save, you can deactivate the mod for a turn or two and see if it's related to it, as it doesn't affect savegame...

no update planned in the near future, I'm still struggling to find an user-friendly way to convert my mods for MP use. (The MP Mod Manager is a good idea, I'll follow it's development)

Right now I've managed to launch R.E.D outside the mod menu, in a MP test game with a single human, but it's not in a format I can share, as it's a direct conversion of some of the table from the DB from my installation, maybe not a copyright issues, as the texts, arts, etc... are not there, but it would certainly cause crashes on computers that does not have the same DLC installed than on mine. And it require to overwrite some core files, but I'm afraid that this part will be unavoidable, hence the need of an installer.
I've got now a working mod that can convert other mods to the DLC format to use them in MP, but it's still not something I can publicly release as it doesn't have an UI and require the use of the fire tuner to be launched and a manual uninstall of the created DLC modspack when you want to return to normal game.

But for test purpose I've used it to convert the current version of R.E.D. Modspack to the DLC format.

As it only affect the graphics, it should not require to be installed on every computer of a MP game, but this need confirmation.

It also currently has a limitation: it should be used ONLY with the DLC used when I created the pack.

So for a wider compatibility, it was made with only G+K, BNW and the Mongol DLC activated, make sure to join MP games with no other DLC activated.

But please try it in a SP game first, from the main menu, and please report any issue.

As long as it is in test, I'd also advise to use it only in private games for MP, in case something unexpected happens (I've done a full 2 humans / 10 AI players MP game without problem, but that's all...)

It does not replace any core files, just extract the 7zip archive to your "..\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\DLC" folder for installation, and just delete the "RED_MP_Modspack" folder to uninstall.

You can still us other mods in SP while the DLC version is installed, but in that case does not use the normal version of R.E.D, you'll get strange results...

Here's the download link on Mediafire.

Bergerperson
22-02-2014 13:48Bergerperson
Can I make a really quick request. Wolfdog has just released the F/A 18 Hornet unit and I would really like it if this because the default non-ethnic/unique unit for all civilizations in R.E.D. replacing the F-16 unit that is currently in place.
I can't switch my current development branch just like that, but I do plan to update R.E.D with the units that were added since October. I can't give an ETA.

:D:D, the non-team coloured CF-18 also works.

Spoiler :

Top Bottom