R.E.D. modpack

Any feedback on MP use ?

Hi, on my game's Mod section, only version v10 is available for download. I have tried dropping the manually downloaded mod into the MODS folder, but it doesn't show in the game's menu. I've started playing as japanese, but all units seem to be the ones that came with the game. Do I need to have expansions to enable the latest mod? Can I just drag and drop all mod files into the game's folder in Drive C? Can you help me?

which version of the game are you using ?

the version number is at the bottom of the main menu screen.

the mod works with all version of the game and all DLC (but none are required), as long as it is updated.

Okay, I managed to install the Mod properly.

But Now I have a problem with Japanese level 2 archers. They seem to have weird beams stretching through the whole screen. There is hotfix mentioned in the title, but the download link is broken.

link is working here, what's the error message when you try to download it ?

ho, sorry, I've attached a new file at some point, but forgot to edit the link in the post, should be fixed now.

Can you make the trade units for different classes too?, Europe(Ottomans included) could use horses and donkeys, Arabians and Persia have camels, South Asia could have water buffaloes along with south east Asia( Indonesia, Siam). China, Korea and Japan could have horses and donkeys too, but should look different than Europes. The African civs could have.... Elephants?!, I think you can figure that out, and imo, the Incas(only, except the modded andean civs) could have llamas. I don't know about trade ships much except that asia should have junks and europe should have what they have ingame right now, carthage could have a more mercantile looking trireme( also sukritact's Phoenicia) , same with greece, byzantium and rome, basically the ancient Mediterranean civs.

Thats some great suggestions regalman! For the moment, trade units are hard coded in the dll, and last time I heard, Gedemon was looking into a way of make it possible to have ethnic trade units. I would really enjoy having a go at making these units, your suggestions really motivated me!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Trade units aren't hardcoded, it's just that you can't have BOTH era variation and cultural variation. So you'd have to give up the switch to postmodern trucks [and the sequence of 3 cargo ships] (for which I'd personally be willing), unless Gedemon feels like adding some Lua.

I will, but surely as a separate component, as I'm afraid it will require DLL modding (edit: or Lua, whatever that won't be in R.E.D. Modpack). We have some units that can be used for different era and continent, and, thanks to Hugo Jackson, even a Boeing for air route...

Out of curiosity, as I assume there are often several options for a model for a given unit, is there any way to select which models I may prefer over others? For example, I'm sure some countries have several plane models available, or different options for pikemen or knights - how can I change which model is used in game? Looking through the files I see a lot of "V2"s and "V3"s, so I assume some customization is possible, but how much?

Thats some great suggestions regalman! For the moment, trade units are hard coded in the dll, and last time I heard, Gedemon was looking into a way of make it possible to have ethnic trade units. I would really enjoy having a go at making these units, your suggestions really motivated me!

Thanks! I'm also looking forward to your boeing mod!

dylansan: The V2, etc. are ALSO being shown. Different models in the same unit formation.

But you can customize to your heart's content... the syntax of the files is pretty straightforward.

Can a mod like this or ethnic diversity be installed manually without it being a mod? I know that better AI or certain XML tweaks obviously can be done modless (and not having to go thru the game config thing that takes 2 mins and boggs my computer down) but is this one a little too complicated for that?

see this post for a DLC version.

(for modders, the tool/mod to do this kind of conversion is on gitHub, if you know how to use FireTuner)

Gedemon, thanks for the link, but it didn't work. I've tried it yesterday, and the Japanese Composite archers still have the grey beam glitch. Could it be because of direct X? I do not update my computer, but I did install a fresh copy of Direct X from the Microsoft website.

Top Bottom