R.E.D. World War II development thread

Thanks.

A small post to explain why v.45 beta is not released yet:

As you know the Germany AI is not performing well in all situations, so I've added a kind of observer mode and run a lot of test games, which, as you may know, takes a lot of time...

Understanding the combat AI is a mandatory step for future version, so in the end this extra time spend on v.45 will be usefull for the "reloaded" development.

Result of those tests were not very good, even after some tweaks to AI related DB values and to the C++ code.

So I've taken the brute way and completely removed some part of the C++ code related to defensive positions: those were causing the AI to put many units in defensive positions where they were not needed at all, penalizing Germany by mobilizing many units far from the front while having to maintain them.

In my first test game Germany invaded France, U.K. and was close to Moscow and Stalingrad in 1945. (without Maginot and Siegfried lines)

I've launched another test game today, I'll check the result when back from work and try to release a beta version.

During beta, I'll try to bring back the removed code with new checks to prevent "bastions" and other defensive positions far from the front.

Spoiler :

I've been working on replacing the original NA/Euro Map with a much larger version. It's mostly complete but there's a big problem with the Turn Date and Projects.

I've set the date as Oct 1940, but projects from 1943 are immediately available.

Did I miss out anything when making the new map?:confused:

Though I cannot help you with this I would like to say I'm really excited that you're creating a new map. The first one was great so I can't wait to see what this one will look like. How long until you think the map will be out? Keep up the good work!

Spoiler :

I've been working on replacing the original NA/Euro Map with a much larger version. It's mostly complete but there's a big problem with the Turn Date and Projects.

I've set the date as Oct 1940, but projects from 1943 are immediately available.

Did I miss out anything when making the new map?:confused:

Sorry for the late answer, do you have the first turn lua.log ?

Attached is the lua log. Sorry for taking so long, haven't had much free time recently

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    29.4 KB · Views: 203
Awesome mod, was impressed with the inclusion of Stug IIIs, and design decisions in general.

One small critique. To my knowledge, Destroyers had no anti-air capabilities whatsoever during the 1939-1944 time period, and instead it was the light cruiser who had that anti-air role, therefore the Air Intercept function of the Destroyer in this mod would appear to be a carryover from Civ's vanilla destroyer, which is more a Cruiser/Destroyer hybrid.

How's the new AI + Map development coming along?

I realize it has been quite some time since this thread has been active, and that there has not been much from Gedemon lately, but I want to know if anyone has this issue or if there is a fix to it.

I'm playing on V.44 of the mod, and when playing as Germany, with alternate history selected, I still get the "Entering war in 5 turns" notifications and then I declare war on someone without my consent. This is kind of annoying especially when I'm trying to focus on Britain and Norway and I "must" declare war on the U.S.S.R... Does anyone have the same problem, or perhaps a fix? I know AH is on because I can declare war on people outside of the historical calendar, so I'm not sure what the issue is with the game declaring war on civs with the option on...

Top Bottom