1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

Discussion in 'R.E.D. World War II Edition' started by Gedemon, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

The T-70 is planned, but the unit limit as delayed it.

About the Vickers MK-E, it was outdated at the start of the war, wasn't it ?

Nerfing the B1 would create a chain reaction in re-balance I think (nerfing Mathilda II, then PanzerIV then III then Somua-S35, then...) Maybe buffing the KV-1 would be a better solution ?

On that subject, what about the P26-40 ?

2. thecivinator58

thecivinator58 Warlord

The Panzer I was also outdated in 1939, as well. Not just outdated, it was never even ment to go into combat, it was a trainer tank. Tanks with only machine guns should get a huge neg vs tanks with cannons. For the Italians didn't they have some pre-1939 tanketes? Like the L3/33 and L3/35? The P26-40 is good, being equal to the KV-1. Though you might want to think about the P.43, a planned improvment with a 90mm gun, and weilded armor to, me thinks.

3. Skibbi

Skibbi Prince

'Old light Tanks' should get a 50% penalty

4. Bonci

Bonci King

The italian UA (the roman vanilla UA) doesn't seem to fit the fascist period that this mod wants to model.
    I think that it should be changed in something like "Mare Nostrum" (reference) that would translate in some kind of bonus for the italian navy, maybe related to human torpedoes/frogmen.
    Like a bonus for submarines or some sort of amphibious bonus for infantry? Don't know really...

Another idea could be to name it Third Position as Mussolini was surely a poor statesman, but a master in propaganda. So there could be a bonus to personnel recruitment through propaganda (We want you and radio stations).

What do you think?

5. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

"Mare Nostrum" has been also suggested by T_KCommanderbly and will be in next beta version (-33% naval unit maintenance, Supply promotion for all naval units - which goes well with your second proposal, as it means easier reinforcement for naval units)

I also wanted to make something related to the frogmen, but didn't find out how to reflect it in gameplay terms (usable for the AI). If I generalize special forces, the Italian version could have the ability to damage sea units inside a city when attacking it (and amphibious promotion of course).

6. NyanApple

NyanApple Chieftain

I tried that, but it wouldn't work. It still says "Europe_1939.Civ5Map failed to load"

7. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

make sure WB is updated.

8. Skibbi

Skibbi Prince

Vicker's Mk VIB should get -50% vs tanks. But I don't think it should be the case for the Greeks.

9. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

All light tank are already penalized enough against other armor unit IMO (-25% IIRC)

at -50% they could be one-shoot by any heavy tank.

10. thecivinator58

thecivinator58 Warlord

How about light tanks with machine guns get -50% vs armor and ones with cannons (20mm or bigger) get -25% vs armor?

11. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

there is already a strength difference between "old" light tanks and the other models, do you really feel they need to be even weaker from your games ?

12. thecivinator58

thecivinator58 Warlord

Not "old" light tanks, ones without cannons. A panzer I cannot fight tanks as well as a MK E, because the panzer I lacks the right weaponry. The T-26 and MK E would not be affected.

13. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

ho, that means another class then.

but who will use them in game ? would you ?

14. thecivinator58

thecivinator58 Warlord

I would. It would only affect the Mark VIB and Panzer I anyway.

15. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Ok, I'll see once we have removed the unit limits and I have added the promotions for the new unit classes planned if there is still room for another class with another promotion (promotions are also limited...)

16. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I've done a quick test and with -50% a char B1 have a chance to kill a Panzer I in one attack, without any promotion... I don't wan't this kind of unbalance for units of the same period.

Remember we're not talking of one on one confrontation here, but division size combats, the unit model used to represent a division does not means that the division is 100% composed of that model.

Now, maybe a -30% penalty would be ok.

17. thecivinator58

thecivinator58 Warlord

Ah, I see now.

Also, Bulgaria should be friendly, if not allies, with Germany and Italy, while Finland should only be friendly.

18. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Yes, Bulgaria is allied with Germany/Italy as soon as Barbarossa begins on the 39/45 Europe scenario IIRC.

19. thecivinator58

thecivinator58 Warlord

You mean in v31? In v30 Bulgaria stays neutral, execpt for declaring war on Greece. It should become friendly when Germany Invades the Balkans, though.

20. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

You're right, I wasn't remembering correctly. Will make them friendly when starting war with Greece. And check why the war is not made permanent (Peace can happens one turn after Dow between Bulgaria and Greece).