R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

I do have a strange occurence here. Each time I produce a heavy bomber I have to research heavy bomber desing again. I am playing 1936 as British with the workarround you gave.

I have suggestions for Infantry and promotions and/or tweets you might like to ad.
English Infantry - Double movement on own territory
American Infantry - 40 :c5strength:
Greek Infantry - 34 :c5strength: +20% on defense
French Infantry - -10% damage when retreating

Also, Greece needs new UA!

I have suggestions for Infantry and promotions and/or tweets you might like to ad.
English Infantry - Double movement on own territory
American Infantry - 40 :c5strength:
Greek Infantry - 34 :c5strength: +20% on defense
French Infantry - -10% damage when retreating

Also, Greece needs new UA!

What we could do, is have a base infantry strength, and reaserch weapons to improve it. For example, reaserching the MP-40 increses infantry combat strength by 2, and an infantry unit is base strength is 30, then the new infantry is 32 strength.

What we could do, is have a base infantry strength, and reaserch weapons to improve it. For example, reaserching the MP-40 increses infantry combat strength by 2, and an infantry unit is base strength is 30, then the new infantry is 32 strength.

Even better!

I'm still in favour of adding few ressources like coal/oil which are needed for vehicel-movement. :)

But this will be very complicated and needs a lot of coding and balancing i think (improvements like oilwells/coalmines, projects for different types of motors/raffinieries [diesel, kerosine, normal gasoline], buildings for each like raffinieries/fuelstorage/, unit movement modification depending of fuelsupply etc.).

Goddamn so many ideas and no time... Start reading some of your guides, that scripting seems to be intuitive (because of your excellent guides :goodjob:). I just managed to escape some lines because "Fall-of-X" workaround from old and test 10 rounds of new version... I i can manage i will support you in scripting the dummie-things!

Is there any intention to extend mod in timeline? Like korean/vietnam war with new generation warfare (next generation tanks, ships, infanterie, jets)?

I would like to suggest that Germany 'Blitz' upgrade only makes for an extra attack as opposed to any number of attacks per movement that is available. Also it may be a good idea for Russia to get a production bonus starting in the end of 1941 to mimic the sheer quantity of troops they threw at the Germans.

Thanks for the great mod!

Hey Gedemon I like your North Atlantic map a lot, and I'm wondering how do I open this map in WorldBuilder. Right now it just says that the map failed to load.

So here's my idea (not sure if it has been proposed before):
Dynamic Convoys- Basically if you have extra production (your stockpile is full and you are still producing positive) then you form a convoy with half the value of that excess production (one half to build the transports) and then you choose which nation that convoy sails to. This would really add to the "arsenal of democracy" idea and make the German U-boats in the 1942 map actually very useful.

I would like to suggest that Germany 'Blitz' upgrade only makes for an extra attack as opposed to any number of attacks per movement that is available. Also it may be a good idea for Russia to get a production bonus starting in the end of 1941 to mimic the sheer quantity of troops they threw at the Germans.

Thanks for the great mod!
Blitz is fine for me, it's auto-balanced with the drain on materiel.

Reinforcements for USSR, definitively possible, but will have to wait for more urgent fix.

Hey Gedemon I like your North Atlantic map a lot, and I'm wondering how do I open this map in WorldBuilder. Right now it just says that the map failed to load.
Try with the mod enabled in WB. Maps are not "mine" BTW.

So here's my idea (not sure if it has been proposed before):
Dynamic Convoys- Basically if you have extra production (your stockpile is full and you are still producing positive) then you form a convoy with half the value of that excess production (one half to build the transports) and then you choose which nation that convoy sails to. This would really add to the "arsenal of democracy" idea and make the German U-boats in the 1942 map actually very useful.
Adding "normal" convoy in the 1942 map would be a start :D

More U-Boats defiantly. Not at Start but U-Boats cost should be reduced
I agree.

It looks like german navy doesn't really attack convoys. On 1939 map, they sometimes were just next to one of my convoys but didn't attack, just waiting for the Royal Navy to destroy them. Is there a way to make de ennemy ships more aggressive against convoys ?

I have another suggestion about convoys : continental convoys. Especially useful for Germany, for example, to simulate the importance of Romanian oil, or the drain of ressources in the occupied countries (already represented with Vichy France being a city state but...). These convoys would be highly vulnerable against air strikes. Another example would be the help given by the Allies to China through the Burma road etc.

I'd like to put forth a couple other suggestions for the 1939-1945 Europe scenario. The first: when Germany takes Poland via Warsaw, and France via Paris (scritped events) I'd like to see some assimilation of their units especially with France. I'm not saying to assimilate a whole new army, but maybe one French plane, and a tank or two. The Axis famously used French equipment (atleast their tanks in their army. The second: different values for individual units (like that already exist for tanks). For example Russian and Italian infantry should be pretty weak, French and British weak but great defenders. This could also include some sort of 'project' like weapons upgrade; Russian (Ppsh-41) project would give them a boost. German (Stg-44) project could be available.

I'd like to put forth a couple other suggestions for the 1939-1945 Europe scenario. The first: when Germany takes Poland via Warsaw, and France via Paris (scritped events) I'd like to see some assimilation of their units especially with France. I'm not saying to assimilate a whole new army, but maybe one French plane, and a tank or two. The Axis famously used French equipment (atleast their tanks in their army. The second: different values for individual units (like that already exist for tanks). For example Russian and Italian infantry should be pretty weak, French and British weak but great defenders. This could also include some sort of 'project' like weapons upgrade; Russian (Ppsh-41) project would give them a boost. German (Stg-44) project could be available.

The Italians were reasonabley up to date in terms of small arms, its just they could never make enough of them.

I am missing some major events in WW2. You added special operations (only know the Nazi operations "Seelöwe" and "Weserübung" so far, but there might be more yet). But what about the surpising attacks on Italian, French and American fleet ("Battle of Taranto", "Operation Catapult" and "Attack on Pearl Harbor")? Or the "Scuttling of the French fleet in Toulon" a few years later? These have been very important operations that had major influence on the whole war.
Imagine Hitler had controlled the whole (or even the half) of the big France Vessels. Nazi might have the chance to control the mediterrane sea and cut the supplyline of UK in atlantic ocean. Think of the many evacuations during retreat in the first year of war. They would not have been possible with full functional italian navy eg. I am not very involved in the details about the greek resistence against the Nazies. Perhaps our greek friends can tell us more about that.

I am not sure of how to realize this. Perhaps someone else can help with ideas?

Let me tell what comes to my mind first:
Belonging to the "Battle of Taranto". Perhaps new projects might be added. One on the US/UK side, that launches a devastating attack on the italian fleet that sinks one Battleship and two/three destroyers or damages most of the fleet to a certain amount (that might kill them when they lost HP already).
On the other side the Italians might build a counterproject that compensates the effect (or lowers it to much less dmg received).
So there might be a race about building these projects instead of units/buildings. You like this idea? Any critics or advices?

Hi, I am little confused I play the europe scenario with east coast US + canada, I play as US. I made some bombers and finally when war begun for me also i want to rebase them to bring them into war, but.. all allied cities seems they dont accept them, there is no such feature?:confused:

Hi, I am little confused I play the europe scenario with east coast US + canada, I play as US. I made some bombers and finally when war begun for me also i want to rebase them to bring them into war, but.. all allied cities seems they dont accept them, there is no such feature?:confused:

Unfortunetly not yet. You should be able to build aircraft carriers which you can use to use as airbases though.

A thing with combat strenghts, The Soviets lack a good light tank. I would either add the T-70, or buff the T-26 to 44:c5strength:. Would also buff the Vickers MK E to 40:c5strength:. I would also nerf the B1 to 60:c5strength:, so that the KV-1 is in fact stronger than it.

Top Bottom