R&T - How to obtain Chivalry and Theology ?

R&T - How to obtain Chivalry and Theology ?

• In the peace treaty with France (in 6 turns) get it

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Assess after invention (in 5)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • In the peace treaty with France trade for it

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Buy it now

• Don't get it yet

• Abstain

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters
I’m voting Abstain because IMO there are several problems with this poll.

First, it’s not public.

Second, there is no option to seek one tech or another; only both. (I think; the poll says to get “it” which I assume means both Chivalry and Theology and not one or the other.)

Third, under option 3 – “In the peace treaty with France trade for it” – the poll doesn’t specify what is to be traded. We seek x; but for that we’ll trade exactly what? Likewise under option 4 – “Buy it now” – the cost to trade for the techs isn’t stated.

Fourth, the poll presumes that in 6 turn when our MAs against France expire that we’ll also have achieved the External Consulate’s objectives in the war: taking & razing Marseilles & Avignon. It is the External Consulate’s duty to set the terms for a peace treaty, not the Consul for R&T. If we haven’t achieved our objectives in 6 turns – which we think unlikely – we’ll continue fighting until we do unless conditions are such that we need to stop the chat to discuss alternatives.

I am voting on the grounds of Abstain

Anything but buy it now. If we can get it from the French, either directly as part of the peace deal or if we have to add a little something then fine (I think this will be more than 6 turns away though), we also may be able to do a good deal for it once we get invention - we need to recoup our gpt deficit research after all! We are hoping to have a monopoly on invention, if the maya do get there first then immediately we get it we need to sell it to the Persians as they will get it from the Great Library anyway in the next ibt. The first point we will reach will be assess after invention, therefore I voted for that.

We don't need it now, don't buy it now, We have opportunities for trade coming up if we want it, just don't spend our hard earned gold which we have plenty of other uses for.

We should give nothing for either of these techs except temporary peace. Giving gold or techs or resources fuels the tech pace. We don't need the techs anyway. Let's just wait until we need them (They will be as cheap as chips then).

Top Bottom