[race] Malthusite Race Addon r2 (Updated Apr. 19)

Assimilators, no. Spreaders, not for the lowest tier, yes for two higher tiers (I do not recall if r3 has hidden spreaders, team version is r6 right now :mischief: ).

The rabid guardian is a hidden nationality unit so it can be attacked by friendlies and can attack them with the ambushes. It is a little weaker than other fort commanders, but has a chance to spread rabies and disease in combat or via ambush.

Currently I am writing an AI package for the team version so the computer will know what to do with them and they will no longer be a human only race.

Yes, r3 has hidden spreaders, digitus and pollux(?), though I didn't see any xp gain from them. I also had some issues with assimilators not being able to cast any spells. Ever.

Yes, r3 has hidden spreaders, digitus and pollux(?), though I didn't see any xp gain from them. I also had some issues with assimilators not being able to cast any spells. Ever.

Odd, the XML shows that all spreaders have the FreeXP flag set, I will check to make sure they are getting XP appropriately. Though they may loose the free xp flag in the team version and only get xp from spreading disease.

As for the assimilators, I will take a look and see if something is wrong when I finish the team version text file (Never make a race using inline text when you are supposed to use the text file for multilingual support! :blush: ). Their system is a bit complicated as they must first absorb an appropriate mana type to cast a spell from that school. They are also limited to only a few schools and if they use Boost! then they have to start absorbing again.

I do plan to let you pilfer un-owned mana with assimilators though, it is not like they have to eat alot of it... :mischief:

/Digitus is latin for finger, pollux is thumb
//Every city name for the Malthusites is latin too
///Malthus?

Odd, the XML shows that all spreaders have the FreeXP flag set, I will check to make sure they are getting XP appropriately. Though they may loose the free xp flag in the team version and only get xp from spreading disease.

As for the assimilators, I will take a look and see if something is wrong when I finish the team version text file (Never make a race using inline text when you are supposed to use the text file for multilingual support! :blush: ). Their system is a bit complicated as they must first absorb an appropriate mana type to cast a spell from that school. They are also limited to only a few schools and if they use Boost! then they have to start absorbing again.

I do plan to let you pilfer un-owned mana with assimilators though, it is not like they have to eat alot of it... :mischief:

/Digitus is latin for finger, pollux is thumb
//Every city name for the Malthusites is latin too
///Malthus?

I'll try my assimilators again. Is there something I need to do to allow them to cast spells, or do they just need access to a mana node of x type?

I'll try my assimilators again. Is there something I need to do to allow them to cast spells, or do they just need access to a mana node of x type?

Once they have access to an edible node type (Chaos, Entropy, Water, Meta, Nature, Body, and Life) and the appropriate research level (look for the "allows Assimilating X Mana" in the pedia, they are the 4 mana schools, sorcery, strength of will, and pass through the ether) then they will automatically begin to assimilate that mana type (They can only assimilate one type at a time). While assimilating they have a 20% chance each turn of actually absorbing the mana type successfully, one successfully absorbed they will get a stat boost depending on the mana type and a single spell from that school.

Boost! or raw mana is always available to be assimilated, though it will always be the last one, and the boost skill itself adds affinities for the six valid mana types, but requires the assimilator to re-absorb all the mana types (including raw) once it runs out.

So while they use some spells, they are automatic about gaining them and you have very little control over what they learn. I will work up a more detailed strategy section in the pedia on them as I build the text file.

Top Bottom