Random events

Zeppelin4

Warlord
Anyway to turn these off? I like to work my own land not have events make all my land have super production which leads to boring game play.

There may be an option to turn these off in the future.
In the mean-time the third option is usually the least "offensive" and cheap, choosing that everytime would do the trick.

The problem is the AI will still get the bonus which I don't like. The concept of these events is nice they just happen to often for my taste. Oh well back to my fall back mod.

Simply place an _ underscore in front of the folder to disable stories:
\MODS\Communitas Enhanced Gameplay (v 3)\_Stories

Or open the file to change the TriggerRatePercent for each era:
\MODS\Communitas Enhanced Gameplay (v 3)\Stories\CES_Stories.xml

Simply place an _ underscore in front of the folder to disable stories:
\MODS\Communitas Enhanced Gameplay (v 3)\_Stories

Or open the file to change the TriggerRatePercent for each era:
\MODS\Communitas Enhanced Gameplay (v 3)\Stories\CES_Stories.xml

Thanks for the info. Is the percent chance for every turn? I'm going to lower it down to 2 percent for every era and see how it goes. If its not every turn I will make it 3.

The ancient era has a default rate of 3%. This means one story will happen sometime during every 1/0.03 = 33 turns. A story is assured of happening during that period, but the exact time within the 33-turn range is random. This rate changes depending on game speed. I think epic is 50% slower, and marathon is three times as slow.

Based on the average length of my games, with a 2% rate per era, 7 stories will occur (regardless of game speed since the rate scales).

Top Bottom