Random Rants 4: Keep Complaining

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week I have been charged £126 in bank charges, which is nice. Considering I'm between jobs at the moment, this put my bank balance on £330 overdrawn with a limit of £300, which would be unsurprising if it weren't for the fact that my dole went in the day before, leaving me with -£30 to spend for the next two weeks. I've been to see them twice, written two letters, but the answer is, sorry nothing we can do? . .. .. .. .witts basically. Still I'll have the last laugh, I have opened an account with another place, and stopped all payments into that bank, let's see them try and get any money out of me now, especially as the gov declared bank charges illegal last year. :lol: they've got more chance of hell freezing over than getting their £300 worth of charges out of me. All because I went a pound or so overdrawn on a check for which I was charged £56 pounds, lol. As if I'm going to be able to pay that, are you . .. .. .. .ing ******ed? Er stupid question really.

why stop with the music?

I don't have enough money to buy or rent an entire house. I've been storing my drum equipment at my mother's place (about an hour away from me), and using university equiment to practice on. When I have a show, I go get my kit. My mother is moving to Wisconsin in the next few weeks, and I cannot afford to put my equipment into storage.

Plus, its a pretty old drumset, and it isnt really gig-worthy anymore. I can' afford the new investment either.

So my public performance will be limited to blues-society open mic nights for the near future, or until I become proficient at another instrument.

Will you be buying another one, then, down the road when you have money and a place to put it?

Maybe, but who knows when that might be? I've been moving practically every 4 months, and that doesn't look to change in the near future.

The oppertunity cost of learning another instrument is much smaller, so I might just end up totally switching.

I don't have enough money to buy or rent an entire house. I've been storing my drum equipment at my mother's place (about an hour away from me), and using university equiment to practice on. When I have a show, I go get my kit. My mother is moving to Wisconsin in the next few weeks, and I cannot afford to put my equipment into storage.

Plus, its a pretty old drumset, and it isnt really gig-worthy anymore. I can' afford the new investment either.

So my public performance will be limited to blues-society open mic nights for the near future, or until I become proficient at another instrument.

bah getting drums for a gig isnt that big of a problem, especially since you guys (i guess, but it shouldnt be a bad guess) normally play in between other amateur bands...

It is, and we didn't. We usually played with groups that performed for a living. Good drumsets really can't be rented on a case by case basis either, at least, not without you overpaying hundreds of dollars (i.e, your profit margin)

And there it's happening again: someone calling me at 21 30: talking in French, i try to help the woman becuase it seems a lot of Frenchies misdial and get directed to me.
Woman: allo, blahblahblah "french mutterin"
Me: Excuse-moi Madame, mais je pense que le numero que vous avez choisi est faux, pourriez-vouz me dire quelle numero vous essaiez, parce que j'ai beaucoup de personnes francophones qui essayaient de m'appeler.
Woman: numéro?
me: oui, le numero, s.v.p.
woman: *hangs up*

GOD DAMN FRENCH, IF YOU TRY TO CALL SOMEONE AND IT SEEMS YOU KEEP ON BEING CONNECTED TO A FLEMISH PERSON I SUGGEST YOU WOULD TRY AND FIX IT! BUT NO, YOU JUST HAVE TO BE A DUMB WOMAN AGAIN!

GOD DAMN FRENCH

ISN'T IT ENOUGH I ALMOST DAILY GET RUN OVER BY YOU FRENCH COWS WHO THINK THEY CAN DRIVE AND PARK EVERYWHERE THEY SHOULD'NT PARK?

IS IT THAT HARD TO DEVELOP A GOD DAMN BRAIN CELL?

WHY THE HELL DO YOU GUYS ALWAYS NEED TO CLUTTER OUR ROADS TO HOLLAND JUST TO GET KICKED OUT AGAIN BY THE COFFEE SHOP OWNER BECUASE YOU BEHAVE LIKE AN AGGRESIVE ******?

:mad:

phew
/rant over.

That felt good :)

(steph and masquerouge, i still like you guys ;) )

Maybe your accent confuses them? :p

Anyways, my rant is that this hotel I'm staying in has a ******ed internet policy.

I'm stuck in the "Happy Man's Dilemma", which although not as bad as other dilemmas, is really, really annoying and psychologically consuming.

Basically, I have to choose between two girls. :p They are both in the same high school as me, they both like me a lot as far as I can tell, they have their goods and their bads, they don't know about each other, but if I keep going with both of them they will find out very soon.

Trust me, although such choice might seem as heaven to some people, it's extremely consuming for the guy stuck in the middle. Especially if, as in my case, you can't tell to which of them you have stronger feelings. Basically, no matter what choice I make, I will lose one of them (or both, if I continue) and it will be bad. In the same time, none of them is safer than the other, one might be a liar and might have actually mimed the whole thing and the other might be an irresponsible kid with no intention of a longer relationship.

WTF should I do? :crazyeye:

I'm still in the same situation today, I managed to keep them away from each other... FOR NOW! I have still absolutely zero idea what to do though. I hate this, because I almost always have a problem with HOW to do something, not with WHAT to do, and so, the current situation is really, really annoying for me.

:mad:

Ugh. I can't stand people that take themselves too seriously.

People, when you use a public bathroom, don't whiz on the toilet seat, and flush the god damn toilet.

:huh:

I was serious.

Oh. Thought you didn't.

Bombed another math test. Right now, it's buried in the backyard. Yes, I go that far to bury crap in the backyard.

LucyDuke, are those rants just coincidentally with mine or are they just meant to subtly insult?

Sorry, swedishguy.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Godwynn. It's so annoying to walk into a toilet and see unflushed crap or piss. In fact, my dad is so disgusting, he doesn't flush when he pees either?

Another public restroom rant. Why do some of the urinals have to be so low, you could probably kneel and still be able to pee cleanly? I mean, I've accidentally pissed on the top of some it was so low. Yes, I'm not a piss marksman. For some reason, a toilet, I can get in 100% of the time (I pee standing up, why the hell would I be talking about urinals if I wasn't?), but if the urinal is too short, I can miss and sometimes hit the wall (I'm 5'9).

Oh. Thought you didn't.

Bombed another math test. Right now, it's buried in the backyard. Yes, I go that far to bury crap in the backyard.

LucyDuke, are those rants just coincidentally with mine or are they just meant to subtly insult?

Sorry, swedishguy.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Godwynn. It's so annoying to walk into a toilet and see unflushed crap or piss. In fact, my dad is so disgusting, he doesn't flush when he pees either?

Another public restroom rant. Why do some of the urinals have to be so low, you could probably kneel and still be able to pee cleanly? I mean, I've accidentally pissed on the top of some it was so low. Yes, I'm not a piss marksman. For some reason, a toilet, I can get in 100% of the time (I pee standing up, why the hell would I be talking about urinals if I wasn't?), but if the urinal is too short, I can miss and sometimes hit the wall (I'm 5'9).

Dude, how do you bomb so many math tests in a row? That's what I normally reserve for French class.:crazyeye:

What? Did they apply to you? I mean if you feel like they apply to you then yeah you're probably one of the kinds of people I'm ranting about but no I wasn't talking about you specifically. I don't know you! :)

Stop calling black people "African Americans." Unless you are willing to refer to all humans as African, since every last one of us is a descendant of Africans.

And on the topic of Africa. No, we didn't descend from monkeys, we share a common ancestor with monkeys. Just because you're related to your cousin doesn't mean you had the same parents. At least, I hope not.

Irrespective. There is no such . .. .. .. .ing word!

Leaving 'emergency' messages on my voicemail. CHANGING A TIRE IS NOT AN EFFING EMERGENCY! We have triple-A AAAAAAND Good Sam's Club for . .. .. .. .'s sake!

You know what feels better than burying? Just burn it. My friend and I that were in the same theology class freshman year had to write a paper on St. Augustine's City of God (or was that Aquinas? One of the two). It was so damn annoying to read and then fudge 5-6 pages of a paper on. Took us all night and when we were done we burned the printout copies of the excerpts from the book in back of our dorm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom