Random Thoughts XIV: Pizza, Pomegranate Juice, and Shreddies

I am sorry for your loss. Some teachers settle close to the heart.

My first thought when I saw this image was r16.

Perhaps it is not a new one here? It is hilarious however, and I've already managed to confuse someone by "accidentally" leaving it in a screenshot I sent to them :)

Attachments

• Imperialism2.jpg
    Imperialism2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 5
Less than 300 words left to go for a NaNoWriMo win this month. I'll finish today, and keep going until midnight on the 30th, to see how far I get.

Joining a fanfic group on FB and a writing forum have resulted in some weird stuff lately. Yesterday someone asked about vanity tables in strippers' dressing rooms, and thanks to what I learned from working backstage on Gypsy almost 40 years ago, I was actually able to answer her questions. :ack:

do not fall for American propaganda . Dick Cheney was just a wannabe when he scared Ronald Reagan after misquoting some random Lockmart side project . Of the Star Wars stuff , only the T-47 was found feasible and whatnot with its popping in and out aerodynamic control surfaces . No lazers as of then , absolutely no use for the harpoon gun . As such , America does not and will not have AT-ATs . That's why there are tons of memes that show A-10s brrrting them . Let us say them Warthog pilots will be in some surprise , and cursing a lot , if they don't end up walking home first .

I'm currently ID-less. I sent in a passport renewal application a couple weeks ago and just got my provincial ID renewed today. Which means I have neither document for now, since the province doesn't give temporary cards anymore (for whatever reason). Hopefully there is no sudden need for me to use either for at least the next week or two. :D

I don't actually know if the passport application went through. They took the money and nobody's called me, so I'm guessing it's being processed and I'll have it by mid-May. The wait times at the office are 3+ months and have been ever since COVID reared its head, so I went with mail-in. It felt like a bit of a racket, as the government website says nothing about needing to mail it a certain way. I decided I'd get expedited tracking, which domestically is $12 for an envelope. But according to the post office, anything going to the government needs to use Xpresspost, which is $32. A bit of a heftier fee, innit.

When things are important, don't opt for the low prices.

With Canada Post, it's which way is less likely to be lost. That's why I tell people to never use SIN cards or financial documents for their voter's ID if doing it by special ballot (actually you shouldn't use those even in person).

Top Bottom