Random Warhammer Art

Luckily there is soooo much wh art available. Really we need to concern ourselves with unit models. There was a total war version of warhammer that came out a year or three ago, could we use use the unit models from it? I think we could but we'd need to animate them for civ?

Warhammer: Mark of Chaos.
I have it somewhere, though I wouldn't have the foggiest idea of how to extra art files.

Not a good game, a lot of design flaws (and trying to stick too closely to tabletop rules and stats) and incredibly inefficient code (the loading times were reaaaally bad).

It had Empire, High Elf, Chaos warrior and Skaven factions, with a handful of greenskin, dwarf and undead units.

Warhammer: Mark of Chaos.
I have it somewhere, though I wouldn't have the foggiest idea of how to extra art files.

Not a good game, a lot of design flaws (and trying to stick too closely to tabletop rules and stats) and incredibly inefficient code (the loading times were reaaaally bad).

It had Empire, High Elf, Chaos warrior and Skaven factions, with a handful of greenskin, dwarf and undead units.

LOL. Must be why I never "downloaded and played it on a trial basis" (that and I can't even remember it being released). Of course, now I could play it on a trial basis if you cannot find your copy (find your copy if possible).

I can find my copy easily enough, but I'd need instructions of what people wanted, which files they wanted copied and such.

IIRC PL has a copy too (Warhammer fanboy that he is :), and PL knows about art.

I think they might have even released an expansion for it? Clearly the fanboy market for crappy warhammer games is larger than you would think :)

I can find my copy easily enough, but I'd need instructions of what people wanted, which files they wanted copied and such.

IIRC PL has a copy too (Warhammer fanboy that he is :), and PL knows about art.

I think they might have even released an expansion for it? Clearly the fanboy market for crappy warhammer games is larger than you would think :)

Please don't remind me, I actually purchased Shadow of the Horned Rat.

It really musta been a flop commercially, cuz I never even saw it in a store anywhere.

I was looking at Orbis a bit. And I'm thinking that mod has some nice palaces we could use. In particular, I was thinking, we could do this:
Spoiler :

Clan Palace --> All Greenskins -- maybe have a slight color change or have a small flag somewhere to note which civ it belongs to
Infernal Palace --> Druchii -- fits perfect with Malekith & Morathi's dark sentiments & looks cool like a dark fortress
Kuriotate Palace --> Ind -- with the 4 "Minaret" looking towers & colorful look, very Hindu Prince like
Malakim Palace --> Araby -- very Middle Eastern
Khazad Palace --> Dwarves & maybe Chaos Dwarves -- obviously very Dwarvish
Bannor Palace --> Bretonnia -- looks like a strong Feudal fortress, very Bretonnian
Sidar Palace --> Empire -- looks like a castle, but with focus on administration as well as defense

i hope it is planned that villages will have the same houses (art) as towns again.
i have no idea why i.e. FFH+ doesnt have this, but i realy liked it that in warhammer the villages looked the same as the cities.
it just doesnt fit that i.e. darkelves (dark city houses) have the normal village art (human art).

the old version had it implemented too.
screenshot -> click me in the top right are some villages.

Luckily there is soooo much wh art available. Really we need to concern ourselves with unit models. There was a total war version of warhammer that came out a year or three ago, could we use use the unit models from it? I think we could but we'd need to animate them for civ?

To which TW game was that made?

Well, I'm gonna NOT buy M2TW jus for what looks like a cheesy modmod. Besides, I doubt I'll have the time for this, school, & some M2TW time. :/

On the Warhammer art in MTW2, I think Deliverator did some work on taking MTW2 textures and applying them to civ models. While the models would still have to be done, you would have the skin basicaly pre-made.

Response:

Deliverator said:
Ahriman said:
On the Warhammer art in MTW2, I think Deliverator did some work on taking MTW2 textures and applying them to civ models. While the models would still have to be done, you would have the skin basicaly pre-made.

Actually, what Ajidica says is true. What I did was mapped an custom model I made onto an M2TW texture. See this post. This was a vanilla M2TW texture. I did the same with some M2TW horses too.

I've not worked on anything to do with Warhammer. I'm guessing Ajidica is suggesting that if there is a Warhammer mod for M2TW you could re-use some of the textures from that in the same way that I did for the vanilla conquistador and horse textures.

Regarding the Warhammer project, while there's still lots to do on the Dune project that will be my focus, but if you need any art related pointers or getting stuck with anything I may be able to help.

See this post.

Wow, this is beautiful art. I can see this being used for Estalia or Tilea somewhere. Course, provided we get Deliverator's approval.
(I'm guessing s/he'd just want thanks in the credits somewhere.)

I read on another thread how you were lacking some Vampire Counts art so here goes:
Spoiler :

I have the 7th edition book so I just scanned and cut in photoshop some images but the book has 105 pages so if you need something specific just ask...:D
I have a rather substantial collection of Warhammer books and i'm handy with photoshop, anything specific you guys need just ask and I'll dig it up and scan it, art assets and lore material/background info, important characters, etc. ;)

You, sir, rock!

Top Bottom