RAR mod: What makes the King's war end?

KommissarReb

Chieftain
My brother and I are playing a hotseat game of the Religion And Revolutions mod, and my king told me to declare war on him at some point. I was given 3 options: 'Yes' (makes king happy), 'No' (makes king angry), and 'Yes, but may I have Additional Forces'. I chose the third option for the troops and Man-o-War, Royal Artillery, and Hessians. Problem is now I'm at war with him and the king won't end it.

In a game I was playing alone, my king to me to declare war on the Spanish, and I chose the same option. The difference was I actually used my forces to attack natives who were attacking me, then the Spanish. I took 2 of his cities before my king told me to stop. He gave me a Famous Nobleman, an Elder Statesman, and a few other guys for complying.

What I'm asking here is whether or not I need to attack my brother in order to get the king to end the war. I read the Civopedia entry for these kinds of wars, but it never mentioned whether or not the king cared if I actually attacked anyone with the units he gave me. We're trying to work together in this game, and his king just told him to declare war on the Portuguese (who have a rather large army and are right next to him). He chose the same thing as me to get the REF units.

Based on what you write, I suspect the war has to last for a minimum amount of turns, just like you can't sign a peace treaty in exchange of gold and then declare war the next turn.

Also unlike most mods, RaR actually works flawlessly in network games. This means you can set up two computers next to each other, connect them with wifi or ethernet cable and then play with DirectIP. This turns the game into "real time" game where you play at the same time. However it is still turn based, which means everybody have to hit end turn for the next turn to start and as usual the AI will move after you hit end turn.

It's rather simple. This war acts as usual one. You can do nothing for a minimum amount of turn, as it was said above, then sign a peace treaty. Your king won't anger at all.

Top Bottom