Rat 23 - AWDG RaR

ThERat

Deity
After the overwhelming wins at AWE RaR and lower, it's time to step up a little

However, before starting the game, there are some issues that would have to be discussed

- land form (there is a preference for continents as too many contacts on DG might be too much)
- additional restrictions like
a. No Great Library I + II
b. No pillaging beyond the enemy frontline

I personally like b. but think on DG with a. might be a little too much

So far, we have
ThERat
Greebley
plarq

If there is anyone interested to join this game played on RaR 1.04, please feel free to voice your interest. We can help with guidance through an AW game. Only conditions are to be able to play committed and we usually try and stick to 24/48.

lurker's comment: Good luck Rat and the rest. :)

Why RaR games all of a sudden? Regular C3C get boring? :p

Since plarq has a mere month left, I will start this tonight on continents with rule b, but GL allowed.

I will go for continents and a agri Civ that hasn't been selected for a while. Unless there are any objections of course.

Why RaR games all of a sudden? Regular C3C get boring?
Playing so few games and really not being able to get into CIV, there has to be some variation here.

chose Mali as suggested and played 20 turns getting 2 warriors and 1 spar and busting some fog

settings: DG on 70% continents with standard map (as plarq has limited time)

went for warfare and now domestication for the important resources. Did not meet anyone so far.
Suggest we settle the next city close to the apple of other resources which would pop up in time for the settler to finish

save

Roster
ThERat
plarq - up
Greebley
-free spot-

Played 20 turns.

Found Jenne E to apple.

We're on a peninsula.

Flood Plain and Camels are found NW to Gao, and Ottoman Turks happened to be there.

Our explorers: 1 archer and 2 warriors
Enemy combatant: 3 warriors, one archer and a TG.

result: our warrior defeat enemy archer, net a slave.
---
The flood plain is six tiles away from Gao.

do we happen to have any horses? If not the camels might be the second best choice for now

We might want to know where the iron is as well...

Early: Get Religious Ceremony and start Caste Sytstem (heading for Dynasticism).
Attack Spear with Archer near town and kill it. Kill 2 Warrior on Defense. Last pillages.

Mid: Get Caste System.

Late: Archer loses attacking a Warrior. Get Alphabet.

Notes:
Built Hardy Cultivator that will settle soon.
I would like to build some more TG for the the free MP if we can afford to do so. Each one saves us about 1 gpt in the long run. The capitol at least needs one for defense.
No horses that I can see.

Early: Get Religious Ceremony and start Caste Sytstem (heading for Dynasticism).
Attack Spear with Archer near town and kill it. Kill 2 Warrior on Defense. Last pillages.

Mid: Get Caste System.

Late: Archer loses attacking a Warrior. Get Alphabet.

Notes:
I played to 1500 (20 turns).
Built Hardy Cultivator that will settle soon.
I would like to build some more TG for the the free MP if we can afford to do so. Each one saves us about 1 gpt in the long run. The capitol at least needs one for defense.
No horses that I can see.

save

we do not have that many resources really, played 15 turns since initially not that much to do

early: found Timbuktu, Ottomans start Sphinx already
get urbanization, decide to go for maths since we lack any military resource

middle:
defeat 2 archers for 1 slave, MM capital for 10spt since it has olives (in fact our capital sits on top of olives)

late: Timbuktu gets monument
Ottoman unit keep on dancing in front of us..very weird
attacked on last turn and got a MGL...we need a fourth city before an army, but what to fill it with?
It just reached our capital

I built a few TG for the free support

this game will be tough since we have no resources here for military
writing will be due in 5

maybe we should form an archer army (we need only 3 cities for an army in RaR IIRC) and then found a city next to the camels in the north and fight it out from there while filling the back

maybe we can assemble a min stack to raze some enemy cities. An archer army with some TG's and cats.
Meanwhile let the apple city get out more settlers and fill the land in the south. Of course, as mentioned, we should get a city down next to the camels first. If nothing else, at least we could build mameluks later on (attack 5)

AAR: Found the Camel city.

Lose 10hp archer army against 3hp warrior on mountain? Aarrgghhh!

Slaves pave the road towards ottoman cities.

I drew 4-turn anarchy at the end of my turn.

Ottoman corsair sails in our water, I put one archer in our home front in case they land.

Top Bottom