1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RawSasquatch/Kramer's New Civilizations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by RawSasquatch, Feb 28, 2014.

1. TheLohoped

TheLohoped Known today as TLPD-AVW

I use this Battle of Hampton Roads chromolithograph as my wallpaper. I love this picture for some reason.

Maybe it's more logical to glorify Virginia's battles as Great Work of Art instead of its demise. Either way, all of these pictures are worth to be called "Great Work of Art".

2. RawSasquatch

RawSasquatch Minuteman

No idea, honestly. TPangolin offered to "have people do" a Sharpshooter icon and an Antebellum Manor model, if I helped him put together the Zapotecs, and I accepted the offer. DJSHenninger did a lovely Sharpshooter icon, but TPang hasn't said anything about who is working on the model.

3. local_hero

local_hero Prince

I think it sounds awesome! If one is worried about a highly upgraded frigate becoming the new unit, perhaps it is possibly to add another prerequisite. That you have to have a frigate in a city (and that frigate gets disbanded)?

I've been looking forward for this civ very much. Always played the CSA in North & South :)

4. Alganon

Alganon Warlord

If all is done, how did you find a GDR civ ? :D

Leader: Walter Ulbricht
    Trait: Arbeit für alle/Work for everyone - If a worker is stationed in a city, the city get a production boost of 5% and 10% if you have choosen a ideology. You can buy worker with your population or expend workers to boost your food.

UU: NVA/NPA (Nationale Volksarmee/ National People´s Army ) - Replaces the infantry. +20% more power in friendly zones. +1 Happiness and cultere if stationed in a city and +2 of both if the city is the capital.

UB: Car factory - Replaces the factory. Needs no coal but 2 iron. +10% Production and +2 Production for every mine with coal and iron. You get the strategic resource "Car". You can expend the ressource as a upgrade in your city for civil and infantry units. This units get +2 movement points for 30 turns, after this they can get the upgrade again

Hope my english wasnt too terrible

5. Alganon

Alganon Warlord

And a terrible try without a lot of love icon

( I have only paint )

Attached Files:

6. SuperWaffle247

SuperWaffle247 Secretary General

That's a really interesting idea. I don't think I like the Car Factory because every civilization has cars at some point. That being said, a GDR civilization would be very interesting, alongside a seriously thought out North Korea (not trying to compare the two!)

7. Alganon

Alganon Warlord

Yep :D The thing with the cars should be a own mod. Before I named it Car Factory it should be a factory for this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trabant

One of the best old cars in the world :D

8. cairnsy44

cairnsy44 Gooner - first class

those sound good to me! Very pleased that this one is so close to fruition.

9. Scapegrace

Scapegrace Obvious Spambot

Dat Trabbi <3

How about this?

---

UB: Kombinat (replaces Factory)
    More expensive than the Factory it replaces. However, it also confers a +10% :c5science: Science bonus for every 10 base :c5production: Production in the City, to a maximum of 50%. Contains an additional slot for a Great Scientist.

---

The Kombinante, with regards to heavy industry in East Germany, didn't just cover factories and so forth. They also incorporated industrial research groups, hence the bonus to Science output. Of course, it's rather different to the original design, but I agree with RS: while it's thematically appropriate to upgrade your units with dat Trabbi, everyone has cars at some point. Just ask the Nebuchadnezzar Memorial Heavy Industry Concern. =]

10. Alganon

Alganon Warlord

Good idea :D

11. GeneralSecura

GeneralSecura Chieftain

Finally got around to downloading these. I hope you can make them compatible with the new YNAEMP maps eventually.

12. Alganon

Alganon Warlord

How is the situation ? :D Does it look good with the CSA ?

13. RawSasquatch

RawSasquatch Minuteman

The CSA seems to be fully functional, apart from a unique graphic for the Antebellum Manor. Really just waiting on the person working on it to be happy with it (and they can take their time, as what I've seen of it already looks very lovely), then it's onto final playtesting.

Oh, and I also need to get CharlatanAlley to record the DOM speech, but that's less vital.

14. cairnsy44

Great news! Can't wait to try them out.

15. ScottMcPwn

ScottMcPwn Huscarl

Just been on the JFD thread with some suggestions (one being the CSA), they turned me to you saying I'd have a better chance, so here goes:

Fascist Great Britain

Oswald Mosley - Strength Through Unity (Workers within a city will generate +10%:c5production:, Mines generate +1:c5science:)
    UU - Blackshirt (Replaces Infantry, generates :c5science: upon killing an enemy unit.)
    UU/UB ??

16. TLhikan

TLhikan Chieftain

There was a reddit discussion on r/civ about US State civs, I pointed them at your California and Texan civs (yes, they represent the independent republics, but still). Made me wish for the time/skill to make an Arkansas civ :/.

17. cairnsy44

is the CSA any closer to release?
    Sorry...trying to be patient.

18. RawSasquatch

RawSasquatch Minuteman

Soon, soon...

All will be revealed in due time.

19. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

*tingles with anticipation*
    *salivates uncontrollably*