RB-17: The Hippies

T13/2680bc:
“Ohhh, snap! Hookah Meister the Third! Dude, like, I knew your grandfather, man. He was such a chill dude. Yeah, why don’t you guys head off to the northeast . . . it’s so foggy over there, man, it might be san Francisco. They have such killer weed there. The warrior is done, is heading NE, and I start a setter, done in 15t!

And out west, Earthdog settles down to enjoy the life of a peaceful hermit.

T15/2600bc:
“yeah, baby. Bill and Ted are finished with their hydoponic farm west of the city.

I can’t wait for their first crop. They head east to the plains there to spread more “happiness.” They’re like Lewis & Clark plus Johnny Appleseed ON WEED! That way, we can have lots of :smoke: and we can let all our cool stoner friends come over, and think about stuff or make cool stuff to listen to or see. Yeah, that would be so awesome. Oh yeah, and HM3 text’d me that he found MORE bananas. Alright!”

Us: Come Mr. Tally Man, tally me ba-na-na!
Tally Man: 1 ‘naner, 2 ‘naner, 3 ‘naner, 4!! Yeah, there's 4 bananas. You can't count up to four, you need to call me in here. I'm off on Saturdays, ass. Thanks, now my wife is paging me. And please stop calling me the Tally Man. My name is Steve.

T20/2400bc:
Last turn screens:

I think a city NE for the cows, rice and dye maybe should be City 2 ~ also, a city nab those 3 bananas would be great for a GPF and GAs.

AH in 2, Settler in 8. I’m trying to set up HM3 across the river and in the jungle from those barb archers so they attack at a disadvantage. Perhaps a city near that rice and cows and dye should be #2 ~ a reach, I know, but I feel we need more settlers out. Also, we need to head right towards Calendar and Construction with all these bananas…but we DO need IW ~ maybe trade w/Alex or Gandhi??

Purple haze, all in my brain....
lately things, they don't seem the same...
acting funny, and i try to wave...
excuse me, while i post this save...
do do do, do do do, do do do do

Purple Haze was all in my brain,
lately things don't seem the same,
actin' funny but I don't know why
'scuse me while I kiss the sky.

Purple Haze all around,
don't know if I'm coming up or down.
Am I happy or in misery?
Whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me.

Purple Haze was in my eyes,
don't know if it's day or night,
you've got me blowing, blowing my mind
is it tomorrow or just the end of time

My turn to smoke the weed?

Heeerreee we gooooo ...

Give me a light, dude.

What do you mean there is no lighter?

:eek:, Combustion is at least 5000 years away???

Man, we better hurry, striking two stones repeatedly for 1 hour just to light up this weed-wrap for 10 minutes is so un-cool!!!

Got It

--

Good Grass said:
What do you mean there is no lighter?

:eek:, Combustion is at least 5000 years away???

Chill, my friend. That Prometheus dude has some matches, but don't let his dad catch you using 'em. Besides, we don't need a lighter when we have "special" banana bread, man. It kinda tastes like ****, but it's pretty groovey after a while.

Dude... I like the city with the three banaananas... FAR OUT! But, I think we need to try and find our other brothers out there. This game should be rocking!

I need a massive pile of wacky weed :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: just to read this report...
Or maybe some "special" brownies... :yumyum: :yumyum:

That's special banana bread, LK. We don't have chocolate or sugar nearby.

PS: chocolate should definitely be a strategic resource

You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant
Walk right in it's around the back
Just a half a mile from the railroad track

And friends, somewhere in Washington enshrined in some little folder, is a
study in black and white of my fingerprints. And the only reason I'm
singing you this song now is cause you may know somebody in a similar
situation, or you may be in a similar situation, and if your in a
situation like that there's only one thing you can do and that's walk into
the shrink wherever you are ,just walk in say "Shrink, You can get
anything you want, at Alice's restaurant.". And walk out. You know, if
one person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and
they won't take him. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony,
they may think they're both ******s and they won't take either of them.
And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in
singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant and walking out. They may think it's an
organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day,I said
fifty people a day walking in singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant and
walking out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement.

And that's what it is , the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacre Movement, and
all you got to do to join is sing it the next time it come's around on the
guitar.

With feeling. So we'll wait for it to come around on the guitar, here and
sing it when it does. Here it comes.

You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant

That was horrible. If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud.
I've been singing this song now for twenty five minutes. I could sing it
for another twenty five minutes. I'm not proud... or tired.

So we'll wait till it comes around again, and this time with four part
harmony and feeling.

We're just waitin' for it to come around is what we're doing.

All right now.

Excepting Alice

[ooc: i used ot like to go into bars on tuesday nights (when they were totally empty) and play the long version of this song multiple time, and always be really happy to hear it come on: "Oh, yes! Alice's Restaurant, I love this song!"

Dude, I like all those CRAZY trees, but I think we might need some more space for growing the :smoke: So, I say that we, ya know, try to learn how to cut down all dem trees. I mean, they're cool and all, but the more :smoke: the better.

I think my favorite thing is how Bede's contribution to the discussion has been entirely in song lyrics. I wonder if he can find a song that goes something like this:

To the tune of "Bad to the Bone"

I opened the save
And looked around for a while.
Then decided we needed
To work the the 2/1/4 Tile

So I clicked o'er there
And microed a bit.
Then Alex dec'ed war
And I said "Aw, effin' sh*t!"

OOC: Oh man, Bede. I love Arlo Guthrie. You got the Pickle song slated for somewhere in this SG, too? "Veins in my teeth! I wanna Kill, kill, kill!" Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Probably haven't heard that song in at least 10 years. /OOC

Dude, I like all those CRAZY trees, but I think we might need some more space for growing the So, I say that we, ya know, try to learn how to cut down all dem trees. I mean, they're cool and all, but the more the better.

I knew this dude who once cut down a tree to grow the best bud ever. You know, cause trees have souls just like you and me. And if the tree willingly gives its life for a good cause--and is there a better cause? If the tree gives its life willingly, then you get the Soul of the Forest to come and live in your bud.

Then you can get this magic leaf karma when you smoke it, and all the squirrels and butterflies will want to play with you, and the deer will walk right up to you, 'cause you get this, like, aura that only they can see.

It's true, man. I knew the dude that did it.

Roseblossom said:
I knew this dude who once cut down a tree to grow the best bud ever. You know, cause trees have souls just like you and me. And if the tree willingly gives its life for a good cause--and is there a better cause? If the tree gives its life willingly, then you get the Soul of the Forest to come and live in your bud.

Then you can get this magic leaf karma when you smoke it, and all the squirrels and butterflies will want to play with you, and the deer will walk right up to you, 'cause you get this, like, aura that only they can see.

It's true, man. I knew the dude that did it.

Duuuuude. Right on.

And I think we need to, like, change our strat some, man. I'm up for going culturally, dudes. For some reason, I don't think it will be peaceful, though :mischief:

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix,

angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to thestarry dynamo in the machinery of night,

who poverty and tatters and hollow-eyed and high sat up smoking in the supernatural darkness of cold-water flats 'doating across the tops of cities contemplating jazz,

who bared their brains to Heaven under the El and saw Mohammedan angels staggering on tenement roofs illuminated,

who passed through universities with radiant cool eyes hallucinating Arkansas and Blake-light tragedy among the scholars of war,

who were expelled from the academies for crazy & publishing obscene odes on the windows of the skull,

who cowered in unshaven rooms in underwear, burning their money in wastebaskets and listening to the Terror through the wall,

Being the only non-American (in fact, non-Western), I am starting to wonder how the hell am I going to pretend to be hippish ... :crazyeye: ...

well, the answer, I don't! :lol:

---

From the Hippy Surveyor

What izit you are saying? Send some dudes to collect rice, dye, banana? Can't you see the peak turn all purplish there? Bad sign, if you gonna ask me.

From the Hippy Worker

Aw, man. This is the worst day in my life! I was quietly doing my work, you know, like ploughing the land, changing it to a fertile, irrigated farm, you know, llike minding my own business, you know, and WHAM! all of sudden, the sky was like raining horses. WHAM WAHM WHAM, and all around me, horses start eating all the weeds I am planting! Animal Husbandry is in Damn, if you gonna ask me, these beasts eat more weeds than we do. All my hard work, all my weed plantation, all gone! Sh!t! You know, I don't know what I gonna do .. but one thing for sure, those damned beast are gonna pay for it. I am gonna rein them in, build a pasture round them, and teach them weeds are smoking, not eatin!!!

And now, those people in the city are asking me to mine the hills. If you gonna ask me, its a waste of time! You don't get no fu-kin weeds from mines! Mining is in

From the Hippy Deads

I am telling you, I've seen no fu-ckin barbs like those did. HM3, my poor buddy, was like running from jungle to hill. One would think that on a jungle hilltop, he is safe, right? Damn, no! It's like the barbie had been smoking some superman steriods or something, he killed my buddy! :cry:

And as if that is not fu-king no enough, you would think that the other buddy of my, ambushing the barbie archer across the river, would have won, right? Damn, WRONG AGAIN! Dead, dead, dead, they are all dead.

Turn 42 (2320 BC) - IBT:
While defending, Warrior loses to: Barbarian Archer (1.74/3)

Turn 53 (1880 BC) - IBT:
While defending, Warrior loses to: Barbarian Archer (1.11/3)

Sure as hell, these archies must be all weeded! Luckily we have one more fighting dude, he was all brave and furious with rage. Killed the archie right there. Man, good fighting man!

Turn 56 (1760 BC) - IBT:
While defending, Warrior defeats (0.92/2): Barbarian Archer

But man, if you are like gonna ask me, i say we use no fu-kin clubs no more. I say, if we are gonna protect our weeds, we must use those horses that fall from the sky ...

Charriots are built

From the Hippy Historian

Great news, man! Look what I have found!

Comeon, cheer up, dude1 At least we are not Hopeless, right? That will be so not cool!

---

- Bronze Working is in:

I will let the next player decide when to revolt to slavery.

- Our settler is at the 3 bananas site.

Let the next player decide if we are gonna to settle here, or go to the original NE site. But I think the NE site is gone. Look at the resource map:

The rice has already turned purple.

- Regarding the settler, I have no choice but to delay it a bit due to the lost of 2 warriors at favourable odds. But good thing is, the settler is built faster at size 4.

- We are currently unhappy, because we have no troops garrisoned there. Once the charriot that is currently built is done, the red face will be gone.

- I went for Writing, but the next player is free to veto it.

x3 bannananan should be fine, dude. We just gotta be able to impress Gandhi culturally, that's all. He'll be sure to be cool.

Since we're not able to fight a war, I think we need to expand, and do so fast. We need 9 cities to get a cathedral in each of our culture cities... these should also be high commerce cities with some production capabilities. I think we need to build as cheap of units as we can, and settler and worker spam. Also, getting the caste system ASAP to generate some artists would be nice.

Rosie, you're up :p

That dude whose name starts with Z said:
Rosie, you're up :p

Chill, dude. It's all good. I got it, but I'm still comin' down, man. Gimme a few, okay?

But when I do, I totally think the grooviest way to go is to put our city right next to that bald guy. It'd be totally un-cool to take anyone's lands by force, so we goota make sure they aren't anbody's lands, you dig?

:rotfl:

Very entertaining thread, dudes. I will enjoy lurking this one.

Peace.

Yeah, I can dig it.

Ahhhh no, man. I just bought this fat bag, and rolled up a big dooby, put on some Bob Marley to read the next installment of our adventures and just absorb the good energies from the game, and there's no new installment :(
totally harshing my buzz, Roseblossum

Dudes, bad trip, man. You know, I'm all in favor of Yin and Yang. I'll take the bad with the good. But this whole set was all about Yang, man. Check it out. First, that Good Grass dude totally made me build a city. You know, I did and all, cause I totally needed a place to mellow. I tell some dudes to build this Obelisk thing. Maybe that Gandhi dude will want to chill near it.

But then that Good Grass dude also left our chariot totally right next this Archer. He looks friendly. Let's build a fire and bust out the bongos, huh? Maybe he'll come jam with us? IBT Barb archer attacks our chariot at 30% and kills him

Man, totally not cool. Good thing those Mecca dudes are making another Chariot, huh? Cool, that chariot finishes and rides back up to look for more weed up north. Oh man, that dude finishes his turn next to another archer. IBT Barb archer attacks our chariot and f---ing wins again at 30%!!!:gripe:

So not cool, man! Why would someone want to kill our dudes? Man, that guy had a killer bong, too. But I guess it wasn't all bad. A couple of draft-dodging pot-heads told me they could remember where they put stuff by writing it down. Far out. Writing => Priesthood. I was going to go Alphabet, but Pristhood allows temples.

And then check it out, man. Remember that circle of stones we started for the bonfire? Look how big it got. We didn't have a lot to build and Stonehenge was still in queue. I just let it continue after the chariot, since it only had 6 turns left. Then, when I lost the second chariot, it was only about 3 turns away, so I let it finish.

Oh, but then those stupid stoners in San Francisco realized that they'd gotten soooooo wasted that they'd forgotten to stop that obelisk thing when Mecca started building that Stonehenge stuff. So now we got, like, one-and-a-half obelisks in Frisco. Aparently, they decided that they can't have two obelisks, so they started a library. Genuine weed, guys. Sorry. About the library, we didn't have a lot to build. The library takes 44 turns, but we can always put that on hold when something more immediately useful comes up.

Man, this is the last time I take acid from Bellflower! That dude's crazy. Check this out. I'm like totally in space, man. Freak out, huh?

Whoa, that's deep, man. We got dudes to tell us all about gods and stuff, but we got no gods. Whoa...

So I totally wanted to make friends with everybody. Gandhi and Alex both thought it be pretty groovey if we could all walk around in each others' cities. You know "sample" local herb. But it was weird, I totally wanted to hook up Gandhi, but he said no. I don't get it.

Top Bottom