RB-17: The Hippies

"So, I was like, laying back in the grass staring at the gray sky above and just listening to the Airplane finish up their set. Then, man, all of sudden ~ i never even knew what happened. People where whispering first to each other and then everyone was crying ~ Frisco, baby . . . Frisco had been taken over by those squares the Greeks, immperialist pigs that they are. The women were crying and the men were swearing revenge. Here, at the concert!! these hippies were turning from beautiful rays of sunshine into deep dark demons right before my eyes. :eek: i didn't know what to do ~ my heart was racing and my mind was gone from all the acid i had taken. The angrier everyone got, and the freaked out i become."

"Suddenly ~ Greeks...they were here!! They had GIFTS!!"
--Delivery Man!

--Flowers!

--We just want to be friends, honest!

Everyone else was like, "Oh, AWESOME! These guys brought chips and doritos and choclate bars. OH, and gatorade!! NICE!! I'm SOOO thirsty from getting so angry!" And everyone, like, totally forget that these guys had justl like, ya know, conquered The City by the Tiny Creek.

Everyone partied into the night, and passed out around midnight. The next morning, it happened.

The Greeks turned on us. Slaughtering us by the hundreds.
Then, they caught them, Bill and Ted (aka Wyld Stallions), standing together, gaurding the Cows, b/c they're beautiful creatures and have just as much a right to live as we do! And then, THEY KILLED BILL!!

"You killed Bill, you medieval d*ckweed!" But alas, poor Ted fell, too. and the city was no more.

We all weeped, but that was not all fate had in store for us. As we ran to Mecca, to seek refuge, we saw it, the most heart-wrenching site I've ever seen:
"MY WEED WAS THERE, MAN!!!" :cry: :cry:

My tears poured over me and were somehow falling onto my head. It was totally trippy, man :cool: and then someone was talking...
Dude!! DUDE!! You alright, bro?
"Me?!?"
Yeah, bro. You were like talking to yourself and stuff, and then you started freaking out and having a bad trip, so we brought you to the Resting Tent.
"Oh, yeah? What happened to Mecca?"
Mecca? Who's Mecca
"Mecca's not a person! It's a city. Our capital!! My WEED was there and it's gone!"
Whoa, bro! Gimme some of whatever stuff you're on!! That must be killer!! Ha ha ha. Cities?! I've heard of them, but we're just a bunch of cool-ass, dancing nomads, that travel from place to place, set up shop for a bit of time, and then move on to the next place. It's pretty sweet. We dance, :smoke: and :party: What more could you want?

OOC: So, sinc we were somewhat doomed, i thought a "bad trip" scenario would be kind of neat to go out on. I pm'd Zalson and he ok'ed me usign worldbuilder to net us a win, or at least to let me use it ot give us some units. But, i thought, if it was a bad trip, it would just go from bad to worse, culiminating in the loss of :smoke: :lol: It just made more sense :confused:

Anyway, here's some end screens for consumption.

I hope you guys don't mind that i did it this way. the game was, for all intents and purposes, over with. We were going to lose Mecca quite soon, within a turn or 2, and then cow-town would never have a chance. So...
Now we have a nice little narrative to carry us over to the next game... :D
by the bye, i don't think that we should start a new RB thread...just use this one again. No need to take a number b/c we're a bunch of :smoke: hippies :lol:

I'll get on that... maybe... ahem:

"And I kill all you motherf--!" screamed a rage-driven Pholkhero.

"Um, dude?" said the majority of the other hippies, sounding uncannily like Keanu "Bad Actor" Reeves in every movie he's ever been in.

"What!!!!!" screamd The Pholkhero. "?" He added?

"Dude, you were like, all asleep, and dreaming 'n' s***. We thought you were gonna... uh... like... do something bad," Zepyranth, the undisputed, handsome, young, but wiser-than-you leader, said.

"Um... yeah," the chorus chimed in.

"Cut it out with the chorus thing!" said Roseblossom. "I mean, I know you like to sing, but c'mon man! You gotta jus' relax, and let it flow. Not come in like that, outtathablue!"

"Sorry," Bellflower drew his namesake in the dirt.

Pholkhero's rage subsisded (after the three blew smoke in his face), and then he looked around.

"Dudes?"

"Yeah?" the walking Keanu-Reeves-voice-impersonators said.

"Ummm... where's Good Grass?"

"Hnur hnur hnur."

"Bell!"

"Sorry."

"Which one's that?"

"Yeah, is that some special knid, I mean, kind of acid?"

"Huh?"

"Thanks for contributing, Bell. You can go off and sing now."

"The hills are alive, with the sound of music..." Now content with the world, Bellflower wandered off through the forest.

"Where's he going? And where the hell is Grass?"

"Hnur hnur hnur."

"SHUT UP BELL. WE CAN STILL HEAR YOU!" Roseblossom yelled.

"Dude, calm down. You jus' hadda bad trip, that's all," Zepy said.

"Yeah, it was all a dream."

"But, but... it couldn't have been a dream." Pheasant's Eye looked around wildly, partially because of his ridiculous name, and also because, "You were there, and you were there..."

"Knock it off, Bird." Pheasant's Eye rolled two of his. He hated Rosie's nickname for him.

"Yeah, he just went... over there."

Pheasant's Eye looked over in the direction of Zepy's arm. This is what he saw:

Foxy Grass, twenty turns if you would. Of course, do so... here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171476

Top Bottom