RB11 - Gandhi, the silent aggressor

I would build the Oracle until 1 turn is left and first get pottery to grab metal as the free tech.

Soul oWar said:
New Optional Variant Rule!
The axeman please name him "Droft the First"
The rule is this. We can upgrade and should always upgrade him at the first possible time. We need to max is xp before the end of the game. We may not loose him, but he must always be on a front. He is our war leader...:king:

Well at worst just name him Droft the First...
As I understand the new rules...
1. We upgrade "Droft" ASAP.
2. Droft is on front line, not neccesarily involved in attacks (defense is okay)

My suggestions:
- name; "Droft the first", until he gets his third Promotion.
- after third promotion, we call him "General Droft"
- after fourth promotion, we call him "Droft the Lionhearted!"
- after fifth promotion, we call him "Droft the Great!"

In order to keep research near 100%, we will need to settle Light blue dot soon! It has two gems, and one gold. Here's the data...
Get white dot settled very soon for the stone.
Next settle light blue dot soon afterwards for the $.

Gems(x2): +1 commerce
Improvement: Mine (+1 hammer, +5 commerce , +1 happiness)

Gold: +1 commerce
Improvement: Mine (+1 hammer, +6 commerce , +1 happiness)

Good call on the pottery! Required tech for (Heavy) Metal Casting

I want to question the location of white dot. Ii would shift it 1 N to avoid founding 1 tile away from the coast. The AI always does that it's major :smoke: IMHO.
The hill gives extra defense + cow but that doesn't offset the wasted sea tiles I think

out of topic: Muffin, which part of BC are you from?

Victoria.

White dot was thought about. We seem to think that the white dot loses one coastal tile (ocean tiles are nothing to get excited about).
We lose one coastal tile, but pick up two resource tiles. I tend to favor the two extra resources than an extra coastal tile.

Usually I would agree with you, and my first impulse was to put white dot on the coast, but it turns out to be a stronger city 1 tile away. Weird, huh? Instead of ocean tiles, we pick up grasslands, and can get chops from the jungle. All around, a pretty sweet deal for us.

wow, we need to get pottery now!

oracle only takes 9 turns and we need pottery for metal casting...

plan for metal casting then is ...

switch from forest to river plains, that keeps oracle in 9 cuts a turn off pottery in 10.

Queue up an axe in 3 or a worker in 4 in front of oracle, to buffer it at least one turn overlap with completion of oracle.

I'd personally go axe as we can use the military now and we have a worker coming from bombay in 3.

DO NOT FINISH ORACLE BEFORE POTTERY FINISHES. :D

Just amazing how fast these builds are going, pottery will alow for much needed cottages as well.

wtf 4 posts in 5 mins liq so slow.

Cheers!
-Liq

problem with cyan dot is all that effing jungle.

need to pump out mass workers to clear it and need to protect them.

Will be a kick ass town though for sure once we sic the workers on it.

oh col is up.

btw with those capac warriors running about keep an axe with the archers...

Leblanc in the south needs back up soon as well, those archers will eat him alive.

oh and rofl about marble... if we want to, we can run the nearly the entire line of wonders this game.

metalcasting is a given it appears, any bets on time to build a forge in Delhi? 7? 6? 5????

Cheers!
-Liq

By the way Mike.. don't go north with Flippin Jack (the archer harassing rome) he is pretty low on health and a roman warrior is roaming there.. (why I discovered marble... better to go that way then meet teh roman.. (for now...) but don't wait for him to be full or the horse will be hooked...

I must say that I prefer white dot to be where it is now... getting 3 food tile (cow rice and oasis) will be good for whipping.. have we switched to slavery yet??? (we are spiritualist hey)

SESSION 2b: Threat of the Jackal

880:
Move Flippin' Jack one step SE to get out of borders (and let him recover twice as fast).

860:
I hereby proclaim Droft the First leader of our army! We celebrate by killing Huayna's snooping City Raiders. That'll teach him!

840:
Zzz...

820:
Once Droft the First recovers from his little skirmishes to 4.0, I send him towards the front lines.

800:
Worker group prepares to hook up the Stone.

780:
According to Pliny, we're the 2nd most cultured civilization in the world!

760:
Zzz...

740:
Huayna really doesn't like us! He's sent a stack of three towards our capital!

I interrupt The Oracle to build an Axeman and revolt to Slavery just in case.

720:
His Quecha falls for our decoy Archers in a big way: not even a scratch! The other two move on while I try to blockade off our Copper from them.

700:
Pottery learned. We are now ready to rush Metal Casting. I research Masonry next so we can actually hook up the Stone.

Defense:

Huayna's Archers continue moving through our territory. I have our own Archers stationed around them & an Axeman will pop in one turn; as soon as they step onto the Copper, annihilate them. Throw the kitchen sink at them. Keep Curious George on Delhi unless the last one's almost dead, though. We don't want to lose our capital because of an unlucky battle.

The Barbarians have upgraded to Archers, too; soon our recon Warriors will be overpowered.

Offense:

Caesar still hasn't hooked up anything. There's a puny one-tile road in his territory, so we know he has a Worker. I'd suggest moving Droft north (towards the potential Worker) and seeing what havoc he can sow.

Infrastructure:
Churn out a Settler and some more Defensive Archers. Build a Quarry and then chop the plains forests to rush Pyramids. Research Agriculture or Iron Working next?

Here's the save, Muffy:

well agrilculture nets us almost nothing right now... no farm resources in borders and well Delhi doesn;t need food right now since it's max happy and is abusing fish for food. I don;t see a single reason to plan on whipping delhi, it has far too many productive tiles to afford the population loss.

Iron working or horseback riding imo.. Iron gets the nod as we need to know where the metal is sooner rather than later to cement the dot map version 6.2

Also workers (love the name on the new worker!) need to split up and work on bombay's sheep and hills.

sheep live in 2 turns so road when free.

oh send help leblancs way, he can kill one archer, but will die against 3.

need cottages at delhi's grass lands as well, good to see that happening already.

Bombay needs those hills mined in the mid term so it has some hammers.

Cheers!
-Liq

Split up the workers? I don't like splitting up workers; just means you get both tiles at a later date instead of one tile earlier.

Pre-turn:

I'm looking at a battle next turn. We should win.

After Axeman, get Oracle, and build settler.
I'll play it from ear, but that's my direction anyway.

1. 680 BC
Dehli builds Axeman, finishing Oracle now.

Axeman promoted combat I, attacks HC archer stack.
Axeman promoted: Combat I
Axeman defeats (0.20/5): Incan Archer
Win!

Moody Blue attacks HC's remaining archer, odds are in our favor.

Archer loses to: Incan Archer (1.80/3)
Moody Blue is down! I repeat, Moody Blue is down!
*Grrr*

Crate moves in to avenge his buddies demise.
Archer defeats (1.20/3): Incan Archer

I move Curious George back towards Bombay. I can't trust that the other
civ's do not have sailing. (He would have moved there anyway)

Flippin is healing in Julies territory, move Droft east one tile to scout
Rome and keep any worker penned in the city.

I move Woody SE of Dehli to bust fog, and I run into a barb archer!
Woody is on a hill, in Jungle and has Woodsman II and Combat I, but still.
Yikes!

IBT: Barb archer attacks Woody!
Warrior defeats (2.00/2): Barbarian Archer
Victory! Woot. Not even a scratch.

2. 660 BC
Dehli completes Oracle!

Metal Casting is selected as our free tech. (Sweet)

We have entered the classical era!

Dehli begins work on Chariot.

Flippin spots a barb archer approaching Rome from NE. Maybe the archer
will pass us by, and attack the city?
If so, I may try to go for the steal. Not sure yet, but interesting...

3. 640 BC
Barb Archer is on hills next to Flippin.
I still hope he moves on to Rome, but decide to withdraw flippin anyway.
I might spot something to the north, who knows?

LeBlanc has Barb Archer company approaching from the south.
If the Barb archer attacks, LeBlanc gets some XP! cool.

IBT: Leblanc defends against, and defeats barb archer! Good job.
Warrior defeats (1.40/2): Barbarian Archer

4. 620 BC
Dehli builds Chariot, starts settler.

5. 600 BC
Flippin discovers Julies second city, Antium.

LeBlanc now has a barb warrior approaching from the south.
We should find out where these barbs are coming from!

6. 580 BC
Bombay build Barracks, starts Archer.
I move Droft close to Rome, want to set him up on a hill.
Chariot coming to assist, want to have troops on hand to take Rome if we can.

Leblanc spots HC's Quecha doing an end run around him, heading towards Rome.

I rush settler. :whipped: I will build more military next.
We have an axeman in the city, so no time to panic here.
Dehli is close to growth anyway, and white dot can't be put off.

7. 560 BC
Masonry is discovered!

Start on Writing.

(Ironworking was in 29, writing in 15? I'll take writing, libraries are goood!)

Dehli builds settler, starts on Chariot

Jules now has three archers in Rome.
Droft is on his hill, moving towards forest tile. Our chariot is closing in.

Oh, by the way... We are now in First Place! Woot!

8. 540 BC
Dehli builds Chariot, starts on archer.

I have been moving our newest axeman (from turn 1) to back up LeBlanc.
Maybe we can grab a barb town down south too?

More of Antium is revealed. It's a costal city, and so far Jules workers
ain't doin much of nothin.

9. 520 BC
Writing down to 11 turns now.

IBT: One of Rome's archers attacks our chariot on the hill.
Chariot defeats (1.44/4): Roman Archer
Victory!

10. 500 BC
Delhi builds Archer, starts on Forge.

Madras is founded!!! (on white dot)

nice turn set, I'll start pyramids and work on improvements.

also want to help out the fog busters.

Expect turns in about 2 hours.

Cheers!
-Liq

preturn

see an unnamed axeman... Cumbo Bobano promote him medic and slide him towards leblanc

Binko Binko is doing a kick ass job of fog busting in the SW

Forge in 6 and the whip hurts. ok well I'll keep forge going.

we are bleeding money so decide to stall forge and hit that hamlet for the commerce.

8 turns on forge now but can hold 70% reseach and not lose cash. speeds growth to 10 as well.

[1]480 BC
ok well not much to do but name a few units.

Flippin aiming for that wooded hill.

Ace is heading to rome via forests.

[2]460 BC

Doh ace is SOOOOOOOOO dead

2x combat 3 axes sigh.

Flippin found his GOS home.

IBT: ace died a horrid death. I honestly had no way of avoiding that... sorry.

and we've met toku...

will the REAL Japannese Barbs please stand up!!!

Honestly too funny. Notice though that all these units we are seeing are ten exp. lol wonder where all the barbs are?

[3]440 BC

Rome has 4 archers now.

uh droth may not make it out of this mission alive.

Gained some gold as we are gaining 2 gold a turn at 70% now. nice as it'll be going down again soon.

IBT: A single archer sallys out from rome and droth takes care of him... droth 4.7 health.

[4]420 BC
Archer named Goody tu Shuse is born in Bombay garrison him. start a chariot. would make a worker but want bombay to grow to 4.

More jappanese show up near rome, this time barb archers!!

gonna keep droth fortified for now..

[5]400 BC
Barbs move on horses, decide to stay put and hope archer attacks rome.

[6]380 BC
Guess so, no more barb. but no health lost on rome archer...

[7]360 BC
oh well archer in rome is garrison 2 now so that's where the barb went.

[8]340 BC

writing comes in.

I decide on IW since we need it just to improve the rice tile for madras lol.

Delhi builds forge and so hmm. Colossis is only 11 turns, pyramids are 32 but stone not hooked up yet..

we are growing in 2 turns and are 6 for 6 in unhappy.. temple is 4 turns it's been 12 turns since the whip. eh... quarry in 4 so decide to stay the course. I cannot seem to find out how long slavery unhappy lasts in epic =/ better safe than sorry.

[9]320 BC
yawn, still unhappy from the whip =/

[10]300 BC
Chariot builds in Bombay worker in 7.

Hindu spreads to bombay!!!!

another 10 exp quicilada pokes his head around in the south and cumbo OWNS him for giggles. remaining 4.3 health and he's a medic so np.

Delhi is angry but temple in 2 turns

sheep are hooked up to the network and bombay has a mine to play with. horses need a road and a cottage on a grass other than that bombay is done for now worker wise.

Wasn;t able to do much other than lose Ace the chariot to a suprise attack =/

Bombay is productive now, give it a cottage so it can work it now.

Madras needs worker love but quarry almost done and that frees up Ernie. Cows will become workable by the time quarry finishes. A road to madras would be good as well.

Still blocking poor rome from doing anything... but he's massing up archers.

Like no barbs seen from the south but lots of 10 exp troops from capac so guess that's where they went.

assuming slavery unhappy lasts 15 turns, but well we needed a temple sooner or later. Until quarry is hooked up no point building pyramids in ernest.

we will get our first great profit in 12 turns at most. Debat on it's use now... we can seriously use the cash but it'll be a short term fix.

Cheers!
-Liq

you guys are fast, anyway will take my turns now I think. Pyramids are huge...would give us representation for the time being

good call on blocking Rome and it's 2nd city. We must not let him have iron or we face trouble

save

Pre-Turn
MM Delhi to work the cottage, we're already last in GNP and temple is still in 2

1.280BC
an archer runs towards our place from Antium, would love to have more axes, but not for now
well, Delhi is happy again, that's good news

2. 260BC
temple is done in Delhi, pyramids lined up done in 16 turns
send Leblanc a little east for fog busting there

3. 240BC
Roman archer now shows up at out border, try and lure him on the hill

4. 220BC
archer steps on hill, leave him alone since the odds are not that good

5. 200BC
archer steps on plains, now the chariot can attack
has odds of 75% and loses :eek:
then Stitch makes short work with him

next to Rome there is a returning archer, maybe we can nicely beat him?

Karl Kool beats him comfortably

set Madras to max growth rather than shields

6. 180BC
start on cow pasture at Madras, also MM Bombay since we have a cottage there

7. 160BC
spot another archer leaving Antium, Bombay goes for axe now to be able to counter that later on

8. 140BC
start to chop a forest at delhi to aid the pyramids
see that archer coming closer

9. 120BC
Stitch goes and intercept that archer, blocking his way

Rome has a settler ready, they might send them off soon, hope we can intercept that

10. 100BC
Rome now has 4 archers and a settler, expect them to leave the town anytime
suggest we build a few more axes to intercept them, we could always use another worker

the archer round our archer as expected, send our archer south in the path, we really need more defense
note, the pasture is done in 2

our core, one worker building a mine and one chop forest for pyramids

IW will be done in 11, suggest to go for sailing to defend our coast and build lighthouses
we will get a prophet in 2

Got it! will play now!.

Something you forgot to mention.. (or that I have missed in the reports...)

Hum.. That's right pink dot is ready for the taking! exactly where I, we wanted it!

Ok. a small info on world religion so far:

The only world religion spread to more than 1 city... ours!

0.100BC: Nothing really look around... the chop will give 123... 3 turn on pyramid! so we have 8t next turn it will show 4t! I love this chop.

1.80BC: Madras grows to size 3. the prophet will be born in the end turn.

2.60BC: No choice but to do this...

Really he wants to teach us meditation.. no need for it now and don't want to hole the prophet for that long... so go for the income... oh I can run research at 80% now.

3.40BC: Move some troops around... No point in having a city garrison on front line while a combat and first strike pormoted in defense. Leave bombay with only one warrior. Start a forge in bombay, the axemen heading for the front. Readying to hook rice for Madras as soon as IW pop... need the health to conter the forge in bombay anyway. another archer is leaving anthium... Working on a way to stop that.. see you later on that

4.20BC: Not much... MM bombay to speed up teh forge.. more usefull than growth for now. I guess it will need a temple after that.

5.1AD: Ok yeah it's the P turn.

Getting axeman out of the capital at a rate of 1 every 2 turn. and I switched too Police state. It's free anyway, for now...

6.20AD: Arkhos the Archer Hunter as slain the roman archer. now at 2/5. 4 turn in the open to heal... heading for Madras. But he will have promotion anyway. Mostly it I guess.

7.40AD: A few things happen. Look at the pics and learn.

So damn juicy!

Which lead, also, to:

Optional score points earned

8.60AD: Loose the Crate and burn the Barrel to save our pasture in madras. But jeekers save the day, might be short lived but Delhi is currently churning axemen at a fast rate. MM Delhi to work second cottage.

9.80AD: Not much. Else than we got IW.. Started agriculture for the rice.

3 known Iron spot for now... But look at how juicy this is!

But I also saw that... do you know where is that spot???

10.100AD: Ok not much a few end pics and strategy against the roman.

Ok at the end of the turn the archer should move to the pasture. So the axemen can hammer... no no no he can axe him for free XP.
The cyan line is what would make our war against rome for his BEST city so easy. road the way to his city axemen will run fast to the city. Anyway we need workers up there to hook iron fast so we can produce swordmen for rome (no cultural defense in anitum )
The purple axemen should defend the 2 workers. (anyway bombay and delhi are well improved and with agriculture comming in a few the other worker can easily hook it. also anotehr worker is working on a second cottage for bombay)
Also move arkhos, the archer hunter to sit south of the city (red path) and stop further invasion from that path.

Hope you enjoy my turn.

Side note collusus can be build in 9 turn. and if we get sailing we will be able to build teh great lighthouse easily too. but we have great inner land, so I don't see teh point.. we are on pangaea anyway and need to build our army fast. We can take rome in the next 20 or 30 turn I guess. (I shouldn't even think about the roman the next time I play. But after the roman are out of the equation we really need to concentrate on our south border... and I mean really look to settle and protect them.

if you have anything to tell me about my set of turns.. tell me.

We are now leading in score. We would soon need to have at least 4 galley two on each side of our continent. to protect from invasion. But for that we need sailing.

Mike lemmer is up.

Damn I never thought it would go so fast.. Post my turn, go drink a few beers, pass up and wake up... my turn!!!

Oh and do you hate that I use thumbnails for screenshot? the speed we are going there is a lot and a lot of scrrens per page.. cut down the download time.. (hope no one is on dial-up)

Top Bottom