RB18(b): Romanus eunt domus (again)!

remember when Soap was on Comedy Central all the time!!! Simpsons, for me, is number 1 ~

i agree on Amer Idol ~ now, So You Think You Can Dance? THAT's a quality show!! It's much funnier to watch bad dancers injure themselves than it is to watch poor singers embarass themselves.

Chris Elliot show= Get a Life! right?? Almost as good as Herman's Head.

Sorry to break up this edifying and educational discussion but, well I actually did get around to stuff! :eek:

Anyway ... something tells me that this isn't going to last much longer than the other game, but you never know.

The Cohens live in a really God-farsaken spot! You don't think they'd be happier a few doors to the NE with a nice river-view property?

WW already is kinda bad, and finding no explanation for Math, I switch to finish Meditation on the road to Priesthood for a Temple.

1270BC - JPF found Munich on the ruins of Hamburg, Wome sends a pair of Archers to try and retake Cumae, while a pair of Barb Swords near Neapolis (Confucian Holy City)

1240BC - Neither attack succeeds

1210BC - Meditation->Priesthood(5t)

Axeman->

I don't know! PFJ HQ is officially useless, it's stagnant at Size5 with two!?!?!? unhappy citizens ... can't I whip them, just a little bit! It's not oppression if you're the one doing it; right!?

Queue up the Settler.

1180BC - Axeman heads towards Antium to, y'know, hunt Beaver....

1150BC - Zzzzzz

1120BC - Worker heads to chop a forest off the Silks, and JC attempts to retake Cumae again....

1090BC - Fails again.

1060BC - Priesthood->Maths (I'm sure there was a reason.) ;)

Axe spots a Roman Archer on flat ground and attacks at 87.7% odds.

Splitter!

1030BC - Barb cleans up the Archer, but Damn!

1000BC - The stuff of Nightmares!

Settler soon, Maths in forever, the Save:

Sorry about the lack of explanation on maths...i was thinking maths>construction for some cats ~

also, re: the Cohens...cows and wheat are right there ~ the riverside apartments merely get cows, unless i'm missing a resource to the NE ~ plus, i like the added defense of the hill ~

i think with praets on the loose, we need to get more axes in production ~

edit: re: Headquarters: perhaps, with med>priest out of the way, we can head for monarchy for some happies.

@Brother Ozbenno:

Rex Tyrannus >> auto-skip until he gets fixed ;)
Mostly_Harmless >> ON DECK, waiting for Roman Praetorians knocking at his door
Ozbenno >> needs some axes to cut his fingernails
Talamane >> still in deep sorrow over his socceroos
Dreylin >> JUST PLAYED and couldn't use his fingers to do the math ;)
Imhotep >> still in deep sorrow over the advancement of Team Germany
Pholkhero >> UP NOW, will escape Roman Praetorians by wearing a tight negligé

·Imhotep· said:
@Brother Ozbenno:

Rex Tyrannus >> auto-skip until he gets fixed ;)
Mostly_Harmless >> ON DECK, waiting for Roman Praetorians knocking at his door
Talamane >> still in deep sorrow over his socceroos
Dreylin >> JUST PLAYED and couldn't use his fingers to do the math ;)
Pholkhero >> UP NOW, will escape Roman Praetorians by wearing a tight negligé

@ Brother ·Imhotep·

Thanks but you may have Brother Talamane and myself mixed up, they're my socceroos and there is no sorrow!!!!!

Until tomorrow morning at least.

Yeah, Talamane's from Houston, Texas. So maybe he's a little ticked that the Astros suck again, but I'm sure he's not shed tear-one over the Soccerroos.

pholkhero said:
also, re: the Cohens...cows and wheat are right there ~ the riverside apartments merely get cows, unless i'm missing a resource to the NE ~ plus, i like the added defense of the hill ~
Yeah, but other than the Cows and the Corn, you have an Oasis and aproximately 15tiles of useless Desert. The riverfront property has actual, usable land....

Dreylin said:
Yeah, but other than the Cows and the Corn, you have an Oasis and aproximately 15tiles of useless Desert. The riverfront property has actual, usable land....
well, we have the ocean, but i think the real key for me is the Hill ~ w/praets now lurking about, i think we'll be happy to have the added bonus from it ~ that city to the north seems so . . . vulnerable. of course, that's just my opinion and everyone knows what that's worth

also, the roster is this, as Dreylin and I swapped, too....

@Brother Ozbenno:

Rex Tyrannus >> auto-skip until he gets fixed
Mostly_Harmless >> UP NOW, waiting for Roman Praetorians knocking at his door
Talamane >> laughing at Roger Clemens' old-ass arm
Dreylin >> JUST PLAYED and couldn't use his fingers to do the math
Pholkhero >> swapped, but still wearing tight negligé

Oh, brothers. My second term was very uneventful. Therefore the historians did not bother taking any pictures.

985BC Inherited turn (Turn 1): Nothing just taking stock.
970BC (Turn 2): Ahem, nothing really
955BC (Turn 3): Well, you guessed it: Nothing
940BC (Turn 4): The Cohens set out to settle away from the aggressive atmosphere of the HQ.
Of course an axe is next. I send the Cohens to the hills spot. I think we can put up a third city to the north of the HQ later.
925BC(Turn 5): Nothing
910BC(Turn 6): Nothing
895BC(Turn 7): Settled the Cohens.
880BC(Turn 8): Worker is working the cows
865BC(Turn 9): Nothing
850BC(Turn 10): I conclude my turnset with the sad news that The Oracle has been built in Wome!

Situation: I strongly recommend connecting The Cohens up to the HQ for trading, after the cows are finished. There is a slightly wounded Praet near our borders. I put a temple in the queue to solve the WW problem, but axes are more important at the moment. I would not go for any aggressive actions until we have a thrid city in the north.

And here without further ado, the save:
View attachment Reg BC-0850.zip

Reg: What went wrong?
Judith: The first blow has been struck!

Nice going, MH! Perhaps we should think about Monarchy or, if we have enough cities to produce units, Pyramids for some Police State to deal with WW??

so, let's see....
Rex Tyrannus >> auto-skipper
Mostly_Harmless >> just played, little buddy
Ozbenno >> UP NOW Professor
Talamane >> on deck Marianne
Dreylin >> talking to Mrs Howe
Imhotep >> Ginger is getting ready for her close-up, Mr DeVille
Pholkhero >> the very versatile coconut

Inherited turn 850BC - PFJ HQ really does scream out whip at you doesn't it. I shall not oppress my people though and leave it. Press enter...

T1 - 835BC - There is a praet wandering about to the east with 3 promotions.

T2 - 820BC - dum de dum...

T3 - 805BC - Mathematics comes in, what to choose... Monarchy 59, COL 41, Alphabet 44, Currency 90 all too long. Go for Polytheism (5 turns) for Literature. Heroic Epic might come in handy!

T4 - 790BC - Worker finishes cows. Going to send him to do some chopping the hills of PFJHQ.

T5 - 775BC - PFJHQ finishes axe starts temple which is much needed.

T6 - 760BC - Discover what the Praet has been up to.

T7 - 745BC - Polytheism ---> Monarchy (can't think what else might help us at the moment if this is huge :smoke: it'll only have 3 of 59 turns put in).

T8 - 730BC - Look what Gaddafi is building

T9 - 715BC - zzzz

T10 - 700BC - I flip research to 100%, takes 9 turns of Monarchy (to 39) but we don't have enough cash to get all the way there! The Cohens grows to size 2.

That's all folks. We really need to sort out the happiness issue in PFJHQ. The temple (up in next turnset) will help as will Monarchy. Pump out some swords in PFJHQ and head for either Antium or Munich I think. Another settler for flood plains also good (one west of "What about here?" I think - how do you put up these signs???)

The Save

View attachment 131034

Signs can be set using the strategic layer in the zoom out view or using Alt+S on the normal view.

We need to connect up the Cohens to the HQ to generate some trade, even if it is only two beakers. Every little will help. Also the religious spread will only work along trade lines IIRC. I saw that the barbarian cities don't care about trade lines to generate city-city trade. or I missed something. I wonder if we could trade with barb cities after discovering sailing?

It's way cool that our Barb friends even build some wonders. I'm curious to see if they can nab the 'Henge ! As we are allied with 'em we would profit from it too. It's also weird that the Romans actually didn't keep Cumae but razed their own city ! JC has got them in plenty it would seem. As for tech order: Do we have wine at hand that needs hooking up or is there some other reason for researching Monarchy (Hereditary Rule ?) ? 60 turns are damn long (reminds me actually of my Epic 4 research rate). I'd rather go for Metal Casting for the forges and quicker building. But then I don't understand too much of this game, and either way will prove good - the Barbs will bring us victory anyway.

·Imhotep·

I heard a poet's rhyme
by a glass of wine
the poor guy couldn't play
by starless night or day.

In soft tunes heard him hum
a chant of hope and pray
will HP ever get it done
before eternity and a day ?

·Imhotep· said:
As for tech order: Do we have wine at hand that needs hooking up or is there some other reason for researching Monarchy (Hereditary Rule ?) ? 60 turns are damn long (reminds me actually of my Epic 4 research rate). I'd rather go for Metal Casting for the forges and quicker building. But then I don't understand too much of this game, and either way will prove good - the Barbs will bring us victory anyway.

·Imhotep·

Hereditary Rule would give us an immediate +3 happiness, which is needed at the moment. Metal Casing was over 100 turns.

That IS pretty great to have Barb's building wonders. new variant: barb's must control ALL wonders :lol: just kidding.

i think Monarchy was the right move. We're going to have a goodly number of defenders in our cities so we might as well use them to alleviate the happiness.

Rex Tyrannus >> auto-skipper
Mostly_Harmless >>
Ozbenno >> just played
Talamane >> UP NOW
Dreylin >> on deck
Imhotep >> (ready to be skipped this weekend :lol: ~ if we have to, we'll swap again)
Pholkhero >>

"WON'T 'AGGLE?!?!"

Top Bottom