RBW1 - The True Isolationist

Well, the 2 golds city had sheep (4 food) so it would allow you to work one gold pit and the other at max happiness...Especially with no tech trading I think this would've helped your early research a lot. :) The fur city was also good no question, but I just feel like when you see two gold pits it's almost like you should be compelled toward them :lol: I agree it was low food, but I believe it was sufficient food. It certainly wouldn't have been a whipping center, but it would've been an early research powerhouse...

I agree the land around you was pretty bad, but I think you would've been able to get to at least construction and col (if not mach and cs with lightbulbing) prior to attacking liz. I usually will never attack and keep cities if it's that much of a stretch from the capital. It just is too costly :)

I agree that Hannibal can run away with the game, especially when he's trading and you're not ;)

Yeah the variant was very tough and the lands were bad. No rivers, little food. But we did not deserve victory either. After the Arabian war there was no long-term planning, little discussion and everyone dropped out when were losing.

Kind of weird to think you were being AMERICA and fell hopelessly behind in technology.:confused: Why don't you try this variant on Monarch or Prince?

From now on just don't be TOO barbaric!!!

If you try it again, I would play. In fact, any future succession games you start, please consider me (just send me a pm). I'd like to start playing succession games and if I could get in with a steady group that would be great. I really like succession games with a lot of discussion :) I normally play on emperor if that matters :)

What ive decided to do is not redo this variant right now, but postpone it until later on where it seems somewhat fresh again. I have some other variant ideas which I want to try anyways and I should start 2 more SG's over the next few weeks. Futurehermit, ill reserve a spot for you and PM you when I do start one.

I have some other variant ideas which I want to try anyways and I should start 2 more SG's over the next few weeks.
Thank goodness :lol:

What ive decided to do is not redo this variant right now, but postpone it until later on where it seems somewhat fresh again. I have some other variant ideas which I want to try anyways and I should start 2 more SG's over the next few weeks. Futurehermit, ill reserve a spot for you and PM you when I do start one.

ok, cool, thks :)

Oooh, I wonder what ideas the poopman (Qwack) has.:)

Top Bottom