Reagents scarce lately?

phizuol

Warlord
Has the amount of reagents that spawn been cut back in recent patches? They used to be fairly common - at least as common as incense. The last three times I've played they've been very scarce. One map had NONE and another had just one. This is a real bummer if you plan to get archmages. Maybe it's just bad luck or my imagination?

I use the ErerbusContinent map, Large size with all 19 civs.

I think it goes something like they're a strategic resource, not a luxury one. This does something with the placement algorithm which means they have to be X squares away from everything else. Since ErebusContinent seems to place loads of extra resources at starting locations, having 19 high resource starting locations may have greatly decreased the area of land available for reagents to appear in.

That makes sense, but they used to seem fairly common. Lately they've been extremely rare. I didn't know if something had changed or just bad luck. I would think there would need to be at least one (well a lot more than that) on a Large map.

I did some testing and you're right that it's definitely tied to the number of players on the map. Guess I'll have to check out some other map scripts or do some editing.

Top Bottom