Real Era Stop

Real Era Stop 3.3

@FiReFTW
RES removes everything from the game that is related to eras past the last one. It is obvious that it may and does cause problems (usually CTD). I had to implement a lot of workarounds and patches to make it work.
Apparently the mod you are using also has similar issue - some things are not there and it breaks. I cannot do anything about it, you need to find what it is and create a workaround.
Edit. I can take a look at logs, maybe give you a hint of what the problem is.

@FiReFTW
RES removes everything from the game that is related to eras past the last one. It is obvious that it may and does cause problems (usually CTD). I had to implement a lot of workarounds and patches to make it work.
Apparently the mod you are using also has similar issue - some things are not there and it breaks. I cannot do anything about it, you need to find what it is and create a workaround.
Edit. I can take a look at logs, maybe give you a hint of what the problem is.

https://easyupload.io/ds8bbx

Here are the logs

@FiReFTW
There are a lot of DB errors from Configuration DB. So, some civ definitions, etc. stuff that is important before the game starts. They are not critical for the game itself (usually), which is why you can start a game at all, BUT as a rule - there shouldn't be any errors is possible. These are constraints issues, so the loader doesn't say whish mod it is unfortunately.

[3943875.638] [Configuration] ERROR: Invalid Reference on InputActionDefaultGestures.ActionId - "Toggle5movement" does not exist in InputActions
Look for Toggle5movement in your mods.

[3943975.666] [Configuration]: In Query - SELECT Plot, Value FROM MapStartPositions where Map = ? and Type = ?
Look for this SQL statement in your mods.

Lua.log shows that you are running a MP setup. I suggest to try out single player game first. MP may introduce its own problems making things harder to track.

The problem with the WMD in the top line is here:
Runtime Error: C:\Users\Uporabnik\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\UnitLimit\TopPanel\TCUnitLimitTopPanel.lua:291: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
C:\Users\Uporabnik\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\UnitLimit\TopPanel\TCUnitLimitTopPanel.lua:291: in function 'CurrentFormationClassUnitCount'
C:\Users\Uporabnik\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\UnitLimit\TopPanel\TCUnitLimitTopPanel.lua:69: in function 'TC_TopPanel_GetData'
C:\Users\Uporabnik\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\UnitLimit\TopPanel\TCUnitLimitTopPanel.lua:154: in function 'RefreshYields'
D:\Games\Sid Meiers Civilization VI New Frontier Pass Part 1\DLC\Expansion2\UI\Replacements\TopPanel_Expansion2.lua:195: in function 'LateInitialize'
C:\Users\Uporabnik\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\UnitLimit\TopPanel\TCUnitLimitTopPanel.lua:433: in function 'LateInitialize'
D:\Games\Sid Meiers Civilization VI New Frontier Pass Part 1\DLC\Expansion2\UI\Replacements\TopPanel.lua:549: in function 'OnInit'
Unfortunately it is directly in the lua code from this mod. You need to check what is in line 291.

The second error is here
Runtime Error: C:\Users\Uporabnik\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\UnitLimit\LUA\TCUnitLimit.lua:364: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
C:\Users\Uporabnik\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\UnitLimit\LUA\TCUnitLimit.lua:364: in function 'CurrentFormationClassUnitCount'
C:\Users\Uporabnik\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\UnitLimit\LUA\TCUnitLimit.lua:440: in function 'CalculateGlobalUnitLimitAndCompliance'
C:\Users\Uporabnik\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\UnitLimit\LUA\TCUnitLimit.lua:709: in function 'EvaluateAndCall'
C:\Users\Uporabnik\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\UnitLimit\LUA\TCUnitLimit.lua:645: in function 'OnCityEvent'
[C]: in function 'func'
[C]: in function '(anonymous)'
Again - it is a Lua code problem, you need to check what line 364 is about.

Here is line 290-292

if nUnitCityRatio ~= nil and nUnitCityRatio > 0 then
nPlayerUnitCityAllotment = (nPlayerCityCount*nUnitCityRatio)
end

Here is line 357-365

function CurrentFormationClassUnitCount(pPlayer, tFormationClassTable, pUnitForcesType)
local nCurrentUnitCount = 0
local tCurrentUnitSet = pPlayer:GetUnits()
for k, iCountUnit in tCurrentUnitSet:Members() do
local iCountUnitType = iCountUnit:GetType()
if iCountUnitType ~= nil then
for row in tFormationClassTable() do
if GameInfo.Units[row.UnitType].Index == iCountUnitType then
nCurrentUnitCount = (nCurrentUnitCount+1)

This is so weird, I don't know much about modding but it makes so little sense why this would affect ur mod or vice versa and not work properly

The first lines are certainly wrongly copied because there is no indexing in them.

The second part. There is a call to Units table using an index from some internal table. I bet it references a unit that has been removed by RES.

Anyway, since you don't know Lua, I suggest to drop this topic and not use those mods together.

Infixo updated Real Era Stop with a new update entry:

Version 3.0 Advanced Options

Version 3.0
Lots of good news!
1. The mod setup is finally available as an option in Advanced Options. No more .sql changes.
2. The mod is compatible with the latest Shuffle Mode.
3. It seems that Kristina no longer crashes the game.

Ad. 1. Please note that the game setup is now stored in the save file, so there could be troubles with old saves. If you have a game running and you want to finish it - please download from CivFanatics and install manually version 2.9 of the mod.

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Infixo off topic but do you have any idea how to stop city state border growth?
Nope.
I remember however that this specific topic was discussed either here or on reddit. Google it, maybe there will be an answer.
City states grow when you send envoys to them, but I cannot say if there are params that govern this, or this entirely engine based. If there are - then most likely global parameters, so check there first.

@Infixo off topic but do you have any idea how to stop city state border growth?
To stop all growth look in the CivilizationLevels table and change the column 'AnnexTilesWithReceivedInfluence' on the 'CIVILIZATION_LEVEL_CITY_STATE' row to 0.

First of all, thanks a lot for this mod (finding your collection really made my day ^_^).

I have noticed a problem causing the builder to be able to Plant Woods right away when the game ending era is before Conservation civic (e.a. before modern) after double checking to make sure if it is a feature or a bug :) I managed to solve it.

`
-- Bug: when CIVIC_CONSERVATION is deleted, the builder can Plant Woods immediately.
-- Fix: simply remove the builder's apility to Plant Woods if the ending era is before Mordern.
DELETE FROM UnitOperations WHERE OperationType="UNITOPERATION_PLANT_FOREST" AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM GlobalParameters WHERE Name = 'RES_MAX_ERA' AND Value IN (2,3,4,5));
`

By adding this line at the end of RealEraStop.sql the problem can be solved (I have checked it over 4-5 times by testing in-game with a builder and the debug db and I believe that all is fine now).

I hope you can include this fix in a future version and thanks again :D

Infixo updated Real Era Stop with a new update entry:

Version 3.2

Version 3.2
- Fixed: World Congress no longer wants you to vote on non-existing items.
- Fixed: Builders no longer can plan woods in Ancient era.
- New Feature: Support for "Future Era" which also not a default option. This way you can just have the mod always enabled and use it only when needed.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom