1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Real Eurekas 2.1

With 150+ new Eurekas that are randomly assigned each game will look different

1. Infixo

Infixo Chieftain

It counts city-states for sure, but that counting can be glitchy. E.g. I think 'Kil X barbarians' is glitchy, doesn't count them correctly. Maybe same with these city-states...

This boost is triggered when you found any city on the coast, not necessarily the first. So, you can have 2 cities inland and 3rd on the coast - the boost triggers.
    I checked it when working on my custom boosts. That's why I have created 'Found the Capital on the coast' which doeas exactly what it says - your first city must be on the coast.

2. João VIII

João VIII Chieftain

But the thing is that I had found two other cities by the coast before the third one also on the coast. So the boost triggers with some probability whenever we found a coastal city?

Ordering:
    1 capital (coast)
    2 second city (inland)
    3 third city (coast)
    4 conquered coastal city
    5 4th city founded (3rd founded by the coast, boost triggered)

3. Infixo

Infixo Chieftain

That's a bug/glitch then. It should fire with first city on the coast.
    But make sure that city is really on the coast. It has to have an adjacent sea tile.

4. anansethespider

anansethespider Chieftain

It means that between turns the games of different players find themselves in different states, forcing a reload of the game.

5. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

Regarding custom boosts, are these boosts you get when founding your capital, or are these boosts that can appear only when you settle in a certain spot?

6. Infixo

Infixo Chieftain

@Leyrann Both options are valid. So, you can have a capital close to a lake with some woods around and maybe 2 resources good for plantation. And if you randomly get: 'Get capital adjacent to lake', 'Have 3 woods in your Capital' and 'Have 2 potential plantations in your Capital' - you will get all 3 boosts at once. However, odds are 0,8% for that :)

7. Atlas627

Atlas627 Chieftain

Bug report: "Train a Settler" Eureka counts the starting Settler, which I assume is unintended.

Also, how would I edit this mod so that the Eurekas/Inspirations were known (or permanently unknown)? I either want to plan out a new path every game or see where I get forced, but I don't like the halfway point of "research for a few turns to find out what the Eureka is".

8. Infixo

Infixo Chieftain

9. Atlas627

Atlas627 Chieftain

Thanks, that's fantastic! I'll let you know if I find any other quirks with the mod. Do you want bug reports for things like that settler eureka, or should I assume everything is intended?

10. Infixo

Infixo Chieftain

11. Wilczek22

Wilczek22 Chieftain

Can somebody tell me what do I need to do to boost civics/techs that requires to do something with luck?

12. Infixo

Infixo Chieftain

13. Wilczek22

Wilczek22 Chieftain

Examples:
    1)Few people realize that luck is created
    2)When it comes to luck, you make your own

14. Atlas627

Atlas627 Chieftain

Those are just placeholder names. It means you don't know what the Eureka/Inspiration is yet. By default, you can discover it by starting the research, but there are options to disable the discovery or make it automatic.

15. Wilczek22

Wilczek22 Chieftain

Oh, so is there a option that will show me Eureka/Inspiration from the start?

16. Infixo

Infixo Chieftain

17. Wilczek22

Wilczek22 Chieftain

Oh, I see. Thanks for your help.

18. qadams

qadams Bohemian

That new change is brilliant, where the inspirations are not shown until after you start researching. It adds a lot of needed variety to the game and it seems much closer to the way things work in the real world. Fantastic mod!

19. ElCid0204

ElCid0204 Chieftain

Great mod, really flavours the game.
    I'm thinking to propose some new eurekas for implementation, but it'd be good to know what new eurekas have you included in the mod already.
    I tried to see the files in the mod but I wasn't able to connect the boost to the techs and civics.
    Can you explain it or just simple listing them?

20. ezzlar

ezzlar Chieftain

Nice ideas, I gotta check out this mod. Hidden and random is how I envision things worked in history.