Real Religions

lifelessgamer

Chieftain
Can someone give the list for each civ's religion? For ex: Kazhad- runes of kilmore lyjosalvar - fellowship of leaves. Please excuse my bad spelling the names in this mod are kinda hard to remember

Bannor: Order
Malakim: Empyreum
Svartalfar: Council of Esus
Sheim: Ashen Viel
lanun (under hannah): Octopus Overlords
Illians: White hand

Balseraph: stewards of iniquity
Clan of Embers: Cult of Bhall
Elohim: Sisterhood of Sirona

is that all.. what about the sidar they look like they would join the council of esus

I'd imagine that the Sidar are not to devoted to any one deity to the extent of a state religion. They do revere the angel of death however. Whats his name Arwan?

is that all.. what about the sidar they look like they would join the council of esus

You do know that the sidar build giant gates to summon demons and they're actively trying to cause the armageddon, right?

You do know that the sidar build giant gates to summon demons and they're actively trying to cause the armageddon, right?

Is that sarcasm, or have you confused the Sidar with the Sheaim?

We also have the cult of the dragon, which is primarily, but not restricted to, a kuriotates religion.

Bannor: Order

Malakim: Empyrean

Elohim: worship Sirona, but I'm not sure that would be a real state religion, and it certainly isn't one of the religion in the game. Immanuel Logos gave up his position as a priest-king in the service of Sirona in order to care for the orphans of the Godswar regardless their religious beliefs, thus founding the order of the Elohim. The Elohim would be rather religiously tolerant, but very much Good. The Empyrean is probably the best fit for them. Fellowship of the Leaves is a good fit too, as Sucellus tasked them with caring for his holy sites. (I'm pretty sure the Sisterhood of Sirona is but an order of nuns that is perhaps associated with the Order of the Elohim monks, not a whole religion. We know it existed in the Age of Magic, but it may or may not have survived.)

Mercurians: Basium believes in The One, and doesn't really follow any other god, but he is willing to use any religion as a tool in his battle against the forces of evil. Well, any religion except the worship of evil itself.

Luchuirp: The open-sky dwarves may be in Nantosuelta's precept rather than Kilmorph's, but they are still devout followers of the earthmother. They are RoK all the way.

Kuriotates: They seem to pretty much worship Cardith Lorda himself. They would also follow any god her tells them to though. As their patron god Amathaon has no organized religion, they ae pretty flexible. The Order, Empyrean, FoL, or RoK all fit decently. Many Kuriotates have forsaken the gods and are part of the Cult of the Dragon, but that isn't a single state religion but a diverse group of secret cults.

Ljosalfar: Fellowship of the Leaves

Khazad: Runes of Kilmorph

Sidar: They aren't really religious. They tried to follow Arawn, but the God of Death cares not for their worship so they have pretty much given up. They still revere him greatly though, even though they unknowingly are the servants of Laroth who seeks to usurp his throne. They absolutely abhor necromancy, so OO and AV are unthinkable religions for them. Of the in game religions The Council of Esus probably fits them best, but there is no evidence that they actually adopted it at an point.

Lanun: The Octopus Overlords would be the most common religion, and the state religion under Hannah. Hannah essentially sees herself as the OO messiah, with a mandate to extend the will of the deep to the land. Falamar isn't really religious, but he is more familiar with OO than other religions. He was is a chosen one of Condatis, the Archangel of the sleeping god Danalin, who while of the same sphere of the Overlords is their enemy. She tasked Falamar with saving this world so that she is free to combat Mammon and Hastur and hopefully wake her god from his nightmares and end the rule of the Overlords.

Grigori: Obviously, they aren't very religious. Cassiel believes in The One, but does not believe The One wants any sort of worship as he views the desire to worship or be worshiped as a part of Agares corruption. (I consider it part of Agares sphere, but it was part of his sphere before his fall and is not intrinsically wrong, it only tends to be misdirected.) He wishes people would abandon all religion and think for themselves and humanity. However, he knows that atheism can become just as dogmatic and fanatical as religions, so he will not allow anyone in his lands to be persecuted for their religion so long as they don't try to use religion to persecute or defraud others. The Luonnatar, who worship The One, are permitted to freely practice here, but they have no special treatment. Many Grigori have come to dislike religion in general and so don't trust the Luonnatar any more than the oppressive religions from whcih they fled.

Hippus: They worship money and adventure, but aren't very religious. This translates to the worship of Mammon and Tali, but these are not organized faiths. I doubt many of the Hippus know they worship Mammon (as Mammon prefer hsi worshipers don't know), or even that many are official in the Stewards of Inequity.

Amurites; They aren't very religious, but are very practical. While FoL is generally considered the most appropriate because of the connection with Kylorin and ending the reign of winter, the only canonical reference to them and a religion is when Valledia chooses to welcome in The Order. This was purely a pragmatic move, to protect her people from the expected invasion by the Infernals. This was right after she ordered the brutal torture/murder of Einion Logos' wife to convince the Elohim to keep up their war so the holy monks would help defend them from the demons. Dain did not know fo the worst of the crime, but was strongly against it. He is more philosophical, and in my mind leans more towards the Empyrean. Valledia's real religious preference would probably be for the Council of Esus. The Ashen Veil has a lot of Arcane ties, so it too fits them pretty well thematically.

Doviello: They aen't very religious. They would be followers of Camullos, but the God of Chaos has no organized religion. As such, they would tend to favor either a darker interpretation of the Fellowship of the Leaves, or White Hand.

Balseraphs: The Stewards of Inequity is big here. This is the worship of Mammon, but most members don't realize this. The worship of Mammon is actually the most common faith in Erebus (and probably the real world), quite common even among good civs like the Bannor, but almost no one actually considers himself a part of it. The organized religion is a secret society devoted to maintaining the wealth of the wealthy and the poverty of the poor. It is closely allied with the Council of Esus, but far less violent. As Mammon and his archangel are also closely involved in causing the Nightmares of Danalin, the religion is alco very close to the Octopus Overlords. OO itself is quite common in the Balseraph lands. Keelyn may lean towards AV, as she was raised by demons.

Clan of Embers: They are profoundly loyal to the Cult of Bhall. Bhall doesn't have a major religion of her own, but has come to be an important part of the Ashen Veil religion. The Clan would also be attracted to a darker version of FoL, much like the Doviello.

Svartalfar: Council of Esus

Calabim: The vampires themselves aren't that religious, but are quite willing to use religions for their own purposes. Flauros should lean strongly towards the Counil of Esus. Alexis is much more direct and arcane, so she would prefer the Ashen Veil. Octopus Overlords is a very good match too, as it is a dark religion that doesn't seem particularly evil to the masses and so could be used to subdue their human chattel, even before it leads to Mindstapling.

Sheaim: The Emrys is really the dominant religion here. The worshipers of Ceridwen however often work closely with the worshipers of other evil gods, so it is closely allied with The Ashen Veil. The Sheaim are willing to use any religion as a tool for the destruction of the world. The Cult of the Dragon is probably fairly widespread here too.

Infernal: Ashen Veil

Illians: The White Hand, i.e., the worship of Mulcarn. It was never large and it practically died along with its god, as a dead god cannot perform miracles through his worshipers. It has been reborn with Auric as its deity, but isn't exactly the same and its followers do not yet have miracles available to them either.

Barbarian State: Probably a wide variety of cults, most closely aligned with FoL, OO, and AV.

Elohim: worship Sirona, but I'm not sure that would be a real state religion, and it certainly isn't one of the religion in the game. Immanuel Logos gave up his position as a priest-king in the service of Sirona in order to care for the orphans of the Godswar regardless their religious beliefs, thus founding the order of the Elohim. The Elohim would be rather religiously tolerant, but very much Good. The Empyrean is probably the best fit for them. Fellowship of the Leaves is a good fit too, as Sucellus tasked them with caring for his holy sites. (I'm pretty sure the Sisterhood of Sirona is but an order of nuns that is perhaps associated with the Order of the Elohim monks, not a whole religion. We know it existed in the Age of Magic, but it may or may not have survived.)
IIRC, in the scenarios, they follow the Order. This may just be Ethne's influence, though; she was also a bit too eager to summon the Mercurians.

Sidar: They aren't really religious. They tried to follow Arawn, but the God of Death cares not for their worship so they have pretty much given up. They still revere him greatly though, even though they unknowingly are the servants of Laroth who seeks to usurp his throne. They absolutely abhor necromancy, so OO and AV are unthinkable religions for them. Of the in game religions The Council of Esus probably fits them best, but there is no evidence that they actually adopted it at an point.
Then again, it IS the Council of Esus. Making that kind of evidence disappear is within their purview.
Balseraphs: The Stewards of Inequity is big here. This is the worship of Mammon, but most members don't realize this. The worship of Mammon is actually the most common faith in Erebus (and probably the real world), quite common even among good civs like the Bannor, but almost no one actually considers himself a part of it. The organized religion is a secret society devoted to maintaining the wealth of the wealthy and the poverty of the poor. It is closely allied with the Council of Esus, but far less violent. As Mammon and his archangel are also closely involved in causing the Nightmares of Danalin, the religion is alco very close to the Octopus Overlords. OO itself is quite common in the Balseraph lands. Keelyn may lean towards AV, as she was raised by demons.
Agreed, though with a comment; Keelyn doesn't exactly show demons the respect one would associate with an Ashen Veil follower.
Spoiler Scenario Spoiler :
As an extreme example, there's the matter of her attempt (possibly successful) to enslave Hyborem, Lord of the Balors, and the Fane of the Lessers, the crown jewel of Hell's empire on Erebus...
She seems more wont to give orders to demons than bargain with them as the AV demands. Of course, when a leader summons demons as casually as Keelyn does, the worship of such is bound to spread, so the state religion of the Balseraphs under Keelyn could easily become the Veil even if her own attitude towards demons was more pragmatic. And the Ashen Veil is technically the worship of Agares, so she may follow the spirit of the religion in that regard; her theological views are never explicitly stated, but it is likely the demons she summoned at least attempted to educate her in the worship of Agares.

Thanks to MC, I'll add some new religionweights in my FFH modmod...

In the scenario the have The Order, the Empyrean, and the Runes of Kimorph in their lands, have the holy cities of both the Order and the Runes (they also had the Empyrean holy city in one of them, but I think that was fixed), but the Order is the most widespread so they tend to adopt it. They basically follow all the good religions, but since the Empyrean is still a new religion it wasn't as widespread. It is known that Sirona and Junil don't get along all that well (their worshipers tolerate each other, bur rather begrudgingly), so The Order is not a good match thematically. (It is also weaker than usual mechanically, as one of the main boons of the Order is that their priests have the Spirit Guide promotion, which all Elohim units should get for free anyway. Blessed is really easy to get too, so Confessors are nearly worthless. Also, the Elohim have a UU to give them Demon Slaying, so they don't need Crusaders.)

The Mercurians also seem to follow the Empyrean in the scenarios, yet Basium specifically describes Lugus as being spineless and is quite surprised that the High Priest of Lugus has the determination to storm the Fane of the Lessers along with him. Clearly, Basium is not a devout follower of the religion, he just finds it useful, especially since the Radiant Guard was involved in the building of the (second) Mercurian Gate.

Of course Keeyln doesn't fear or revere common demons like most men do. That doesn't mean the imps that raised her didn't teach her to worship Agares. Usurping the throne of Hyborem could indicate that she rises to the position of becoming the King of Hope's new archangel. The words of Statius seem to indicate her victory may mean she becomes a Demon Lord (or rather Lady, I guess).

Keelyn the demon summoning, demon killing, demon usurping, demon lady?

thats dreadfully demonic :)

By the way, if you don't add a Holy city in a scenario it'll be added for you to a random city that has the religion. It wasn't meant to imply that the Elohim have the holy cities for those religion, of course, but I wanted the option there to adopt.
It is also weaker than usual mechanically, as one of the main boons of the Order is that their priests have the Spirit Guide promotion, which all Elohim units should get for free anyway. Blessed is really easy to get too, so Confessors are nearly worthless. Also, the Elohim have a UU to give them Demon Slaying, so they don't need Crusaders.
Well, I think Bless is still better than revelation except perhaps in MP (or against Alazkan). You only get it otherwise from the altar, right, which is limited to one city, or Wonder I guess, which is a lot later than priesthood. Reliquaries must be built, too, but spirit guide is only a minor point anyway, and you're right that monks are comprable to crusaders (except for being free, anyway :p)

However, [Cassiel] knows that atheism can become just as dogmatic and fanatical as religions, so he will not allow anyone in his lands to be persecuted for their religion so long as they don't try to use religion to persecute or defraud others.
I picture jaded anti-theists in Grigori lands put on a sort of festival where they mock fools dressed as priests, in an attempt to get the many missionary priests riled up and thrown out. Also I expect that various Grigor cities are home to small sects or cults not present anywhere else, probably worshiping false gods or incorrect ideas about gods.

Wait a minute if you think, all religions can have a dark side or a light side(except for the veil) and we all know the Order at times can be totally wicked. Just like real life, so a ++ to the people who made this mod.

Wait a minute if you think all it all religions can have a dark side or a light side(except for the veil) and we all know the Order at times can be totally wicked. Just like real life, so a ++ to the people who made this mod.

Even the Veil can have a "light" side...Research is so intersting a thing...

True, Imagine followers of the Veil discovering medicine, saving millions;)

True, Imagine followers of the Veil discovering medicine, saving millions;)

An individual Veil follower, or even a small group might do so, but sharing it freely would require them to go directly against the lords of their church. If they were to die, they'd likely find themselves in Oghma's vault, maybe Arwan's. Though it's also possible that discovering medicine early would be a direct side effect of... unconventional experimentation other religions understandably look down on.

"Combat-grade mutation is the bedrock to world domination! Run full scale tests on all but me [and my daughter].”

Top Bottom