Real Strategy (AI)

Real Strategy (AI) 2.3.1

All I know is it works until modern age. Then in modern age walls come back. Tested new games no walls all eras u til modern and I don’t know what triggers them to come back

I also use your real tech tree mod it is only mod that I use that modify the tech or civic tree

When I have this on with Civitas City States I get in the lua.log : RealStrategy: WARNING: GetGenericPriorities government GOVERNMENT_CHIEFDOM not defined in Priorities

I tried adding to the Params.sql ('AGRICULTURAL', 'CityState', '', 'SCIENCE', 4), ('CONSULAR', 'CityState', '', 'DIPLO', 5), ('ENTERTAINMENT', 'CityState', '', 'CULTURE', 6), ('MARITIME', 'CityState', '', 'CONQUEST', 5) but this didn't solve it. Would you know what to do?

Does this warning mean RS is not working?

Last edited:
When I have this on with Civitas City States I get in the lua.log : RealStrategy: WARNING: GetGenericPriorities government GOVERNMENT_CHIEFDOM not defined in Priorities

I tried adding to the Params.sql ('AGRICULTURAL', 'CityState', '', 'SCIENCE', 4), ('CONSULAR', 'CityState', '', 'DIPLO', 5), ('ENTERTAINMENT', 'CityState', '', 'CULTURE', 6), ('MARITIME', 'CityState', '', 'CONQUEST', 5) but this didn't solve it. Would you know what to do?

Does this warning mean RS is not working?
Civitas has added flavors but they use wrong LoadOrder.
You can change LoadOrder in their mod to be higher than 200.
This should fix it.

Sorry for a bit OT, but I just noticed that AI+ has been updated for Gathering Storm. How do your mods compare to each other since it seems you aim to improve similar aspects of the game?

Urban defenses are granted via a modifier
MODIFIER_PLAYER_GRANT_CITIES_URBAN_DEFENSES
You need to remove it from the tech (table TechnologyModifiers i think).

Since I only have iPad I can’t access any of the game files I can only add lines into existing mods what would I type?

So Im here to report on the current domination playthrough with RS. My setting were standard continent map, naval and aggressive civs such as england, shaka etc, domination victory only, normal speed, emperor.

With RS, the AI builds more units and tries to match the civ with the highest military. It does stop building everything but military units MOST of the time when its survival is at risk. However AI is still pretty bad at war. I tried a classical, renaissance war and had to give up on modern war because the AI is damn pathetic. It cant defend properly, it NEVER garrisons ranged units into cities for bombardment which is a really effective strategy. It does not realize which cities are in danger the most i.e the border cities. The offensive abilities are also a joke. It NEVER uses siege engine, A LOT of kamikaze attacks with no results.

Overall imho RS might have improved the AI in other types of victory but the domination victory is still out of the question for AI. I would suggest a hard pass to RS for anyone looking for domination victory challenge.

@tab Most of your post relates to the tactical layer of AI, which no mod can change as it is coded in the DLL. RST deals with the strategic layer. Limiting victory conditions will not make AI better with warring, you will only limit their choices as to what strategies to pursue.

It's unfortunate, I'm wondering if it makes more sense to switch to Civ 5 vox pop until it becomes possible to have a well-functioning AI in 6, for those of us for whom the AI is the crucial aspect

Im currently playing civ 5 vox. Just to clarify, I've NEVER reverted back to pervious version of civ game once a new game come out but CIV 6 has me so frustrated that i had to go back to civ 5 and i apologies if my post was too harsh, it was in no know meant to undermine or insult the modder.

@Exletrum Without knowing what you changed or tried to change, it is really hard to say anything about results, good or bad, doesn't matter. Weird behavior could be a results of the changes or just some errors, both are possible. If you post the changes you did (a mod?), then I maybe could take a look and say more.

My first game with this mod I found it quite peaceful. Barbarians are very smart, but I haven't seen any wars between civs so far(still playing).

My first game with this mod I found it quite peaceful. Barbarians are very smart, but I haven't seen any wars between civs so far(still playing).

Im using this mod too. And my games are allways very peaciful. Can the mod have something that lowers preference for war in the AI?

Im using this mod too. And my games are allways very peaciful. Can the mod have something that lowers preference for war in the AI?
Wars are not mandatory in Civ :)
And no, the mod doesn't lower "preference for war", because there is no such thing as "preference for war". There are several parameters that together may influence wars but wars are mostly an effect of diplomacy and relations between civs (plus emergencies, but they also fall under diplo area to some extent). Strategic layer, which RST deals with, is important for e.g. actually building an army if needed, etc.
So, when a civ pursues a conquest victory, it will build more units, etc. BUT that doesn't mean there will be a war automatically. Also, when a civ pursues other victories, the probability of starting a war will certanly be lower (because the civ will not have an army strong enough to start a war).

Check your games, see what civs are doing, what type of victory conditions they are pursuing, etc. I will only be concerned if a civ is pursuing a military victory and not building units.

Top Bottom